Playstation3 ?

Herr Matzat

It does look pretty kick ass, but i hope it doesnt come out in the next 3-4 years though, they put out the next generation systems waaay too fast for my tastes.

Apparently it's coming out in late 2005/early 2006, because (just something I heard) Sony wants to use advanced technology that is too costly for today's average consumer (and will likely be more common and less pricey for the consumers in the next 1-2 years.)

The PSX is a kinda in-between thing thats being released to sap our money further. It's basically a PS2 with recordable DVD capabilities.

psx.jpg

The PSX. :)

Edited by Kaneanite

Wasn't the Playstation always kinda called PSX?

The whole PSX thing has been going on since the birth of Playstation.

I'd imagine it'll just be PS3 like some kind of sequel.

I personally think such things should blend as much as possible in with your DVD / video / stereo under your tv, that's what the PS2 was about and I'm sure I've heard Sony say that's what they strive for.

ok here is some info for playstation.

- The PSX was originally a project in production by Sony and Nintendo to make one big system. Nintendo or Sony didn't like the way it was going so one of the companies left and Sony got the rights to the name Playstation/PSX... fans thought the Playstation was the PSX and technically it was but Sony thought it would now be better to call it the PS1 because of the Playstation 2 (PS2).

- The PSX (PS2 version) is a PS2 with built in Network Adaptor, HDD, Tivo and some other things... It will most likely never see the light of day in North American Stores because of problems in japan.

- PS3 is slated for a late 2005/early 2006 release... it will use Sony's new blue laser technology or something like that... It will cost a hell of a lot due to the new technology... it is also rumored to not support PS2 games but support PS1 games... It will most likely have Network Adaptor, HDD and music ripping abilities all in it... also rumored to still keep its free online play unless it is a pay to play game like everquest or FFXI.

Thats just some info I gathered up.

- PS3 is slated for a late 2005/early 2006 release... it will use Sony's new blue laser technology or something like that... It will cost a hell of a lot due to the new technology... it is also rumored to not support PS2 games but support PS1 games... It will most likely have Network Adaptor, HDD and music ripping abilities all in it... also rumored to still keep its free online play unless it is a pay to play game like everquest or FFXI.

It just looks like a custom built project. It it was real surely they'd get a better picture than THAT.

I'm very skeptical that this is the real deal. Look at the controller port, it's so thin and fragile, bad design. A wrong tug one directiong and snap, controller useless, controller port plugged.

I actually thought the PS3 would come with wireless, actual REMOTE controllers as the default controller type. And that does look incredibly like a modified waffle-iron or toastie machine.