Saints Row The Third

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/16/scea-and-thq-announce-additional-content-for-saints-row-the-third-owners-on-playstation-3/

At long last, THQ and our friends at PlayStation are proud to unveil additional content for Saints Row: The Third owners on PS3. For all players that purchase Saints Row: The Third on PlayStation 3 and redeem their online pass codes within the next 90 days, they will receive a digital copy of Saints Row 2 (a $19.99 value)… absolutely free!

Go back to a simpler time, when the Saints were vying for control of Stilwater, before they were global icons, a household name, and a criminal empire. Before Professor Genki and the Syndicate, there were the Westside Rollers and the Brotherhood. Enjoy classic Saints Row activities like Septic Avenger, where you spray new homes with sewage in order to devalue property. And of course, enjoy a number of DLC packs brought to you by Volition’s favorite Saints Row 2 producer, Tera Patrick.

Saints Row 2 will be available for free starting early next week for all players who redeem their online pass in each new copy of Saints Row: The Third. The offer expires at midnight on February 13, 2012, so be sure to redeem your online pass before then. And for those of you who have already done so, keep an eye out early next week for the content. This offer applies to the United States, Canada, and Mexico only.

We hope you are as excited about this offer as we are!

WTF...

I own all the businesses and all the properties, yet no trophy for that? That blows

But once you start to get up there in money, the game becomes way too easy. Level 4 for most of the weapons involves the words "armor piercing" so you can basically 2 shot kill most enemies with handguns if your not taking the time to lineup headshots. I got all the businesses, properties and all of the downtown area, so my hourly income is around $35,000. The Gang Activity missions went from me calling in backup to help out, to me running in with my full upgraded assault rifle and taking out everyone on my own.

I love the game, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't feel like an upgrade to SR2. Steelport might be a new city, but overall it still feels like Stilwater. I love 106.66 'The Blood' just because, with its death/thrash/speed metal playlist, the stereotypical Top 40s sounding dj is fantastic. Also love The Mixx because of Sublime and Social Distortion on it. The other stations are rather disappointing. I even removed the Adult Swim channel because I just hated it.

Theres no change in the clothing stores at all. All the Planet Saints shops offer the same clothes as the others. If they would've done something simple as add layers of clothing, so jackets wouldn't be the same as a tshirt, it would've been great. Spoiler for the weapons (I guess)

Early on, you hear of a "High End" weapons shop that you get involved in. Its a part of a mission, but then after that, nothing. I would've liked to see it get unlocked as a store with some really high grade weapons

But overall, yes, the game is more or less what I expected from a Saints Row game. I'm just going around doing the activities and challenges, not even really progressing the story, and its a blast. I'm telling people to buy it, with the added sell that, with the above story I posted about SR2 being free for the next few months, its basically a buy 1, get 1 free deal. SR2 came neck and neck with GTA:IV in the amount you can do, and I do think Saints Row has pretty much passed it in the storyline and just insane fun you can do. Rockstar will have their work cut out for them in passing SR3, especially since SR4 has already been announced.

Oh..and what the hell? Its supposed to be the same person, but why can't I import my SR2 character into SR3? Was a lil disappointed in that

Hopefully mine comes today, just waiting for the postman to come over. Thankfully my essay is virtually done apart from 100 odd words so Saints Row will be getting smashed abit today.

Sent out on Tuesday? Pretty poor that like.

Then again I've had bad record with Zavvi took ages to get sent a boxset once. Should use Shopto normally comes the day before release