Skinnyman...

fineintent

Well?

I've heard a bit of him and it's always nice to hear a London accent in music, regardless of genre. I'm much more of a metal/electronic fan but listen to some rap artists (mainly 80's and early 90's stuff), and yet I'm hugely impressed by this guy. He raps about things most people can relate to - crime, deprivation etc - rather than just bitches, diamonds etc - it's relevant, it captures places I grew up in and later moved away from. For someone who has been in and out of jail, he shows amazing intellect and wit and of course as he is white, so is prone to the comparisons to Eminem.

What do you guys think? I quite like the guy, although there is a huge amount of hype building around him now, so I can understand the potential backlash. But he has pretty much captivated me, when usually there are only a few UK rappers (Dizzee Rascal, Roots Manuva) who can get my attention.

I thought Ali-G was the UK's answer to Eminem

Edited by SeanDMan