Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 2 weeks later...

Coheed playing the first Good Apollo album in Amsterdam was quite possibly my favourite gig of all time. 

The venue (Melkweg) is great too, if you're ever in Amsterdam and a band you're interested in is playing it do check it out.ve9tmlg.png

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to comment on the show days ago but I was completely out of it until Tuesday.

Given that I knew absolutely nothing about Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned and Rancid beforehand except that their careers are all older than I am, I thought all of them were pretty decent. The Hives disappointed me, something seemed off with their sound and given that I don't think they've had any new material since I last saw them in 2012 it seemed a bit played out. Gogol Bordello was a nice surprise, really liked them.

Green Day killed it in my opinion, excellent set, and other than BJA having an obsession with screaming ENGLAND! at every opportunityand dragging out King for a Day for what felt like forever, I thought they were awesome all round.

I've got nothing now until Y Not Festival, which seems ages away. Really looking forward to checking out a new festival though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 16:59, Jericode said:

Meant to comment on the show days ago but I was completely out of it until Tuesday.

Given that I knew absolutely nothing about Stiff Little Fingers, The Damned and Rancid beforehand except that their careers are all older than I am, I thought all of them were pretty decent. The Hives disappointed me, something seemed off with their sound and given that I don't think they've had any new material since I last saw them in 2012 it seemed a bit played out. Gogol Bordello was a nice surprise, really liked them.

Green Day killed it in my opinion, excellent set, and other than BJA having an obsession with screaming ENGLAND! at every opportunityand dragging out King for a Day for what felt like forever, I thought they were awesome all round.

I've got nothing now until Y Not Festival, which seems ages away. Really looking forward to checking out a new festival though.

The Damned, Stiff Lityle Fingers, and Gogol Bordello. Thats fucking nice. 

I've seen Gogol Bordello twice, and they are really fucking good live. 

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

I've seen Gogol Bordello twice, and they are really fucking good live. 

I've never seen a band look like they're having as much fun as Gogol Bordello do.

I keep having to remind myself that the time I saw Gogol Bordello perform with Madonna was a real thing and not a fever dream.

I thought the same the first time I saw them. They get a great party atmosphere in smaller venues, and everybody had a blast. You can also sense that the band members have a blast playing together. 

Reading the occasional facebook update from them seems to indicate they love touring. They tour a lot, and go everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gogol was last night, it was alright. 

I don't first two times I saw them I loved it. This was, not quite the same. Maybe it was the crowd, Detroit seemed way more rowdy than I remember Vegas crowds being. Maybe I'm just too old but people bumping into me, getting hair in my face, etc etc just drove me nuts. The Vegas shows had a more fun vibe where he fans here were just more obnoxious. I don't think they intended to be, they were having a good time. I'm just a grouchy old man these days I think. Their setlist wasn't quite as good as it normally is either.

On a fun note, my wife and I saw the lead singer walking around town and wanted to say hello. He was ahead of us on the street, went into a cafe and sat down to eat. We figured it best to just leave him alone to eat in peace. 

It was a good night all in all, but I didn't enjoy myself as much as I did before. The crowd was really into them though so I'm sure it was just me. 

• 3 weeks later...