Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Neck Deep was awesome two weeks ago, thought I'd posted about it but apparently not. As It Is were on great form as support, looking forward to catching them again next year. Caught a couple of local bands last week who were a fun enough way to kill an evening.

Had to cancel going to a gig tonight due to car troubles, which was disappointing, but I'm not too beat up over missing the gig itself since it was just a cover band.

Four left for the year now - Royal Blood w/ At The Drive In in about two weeks, Hunter and the Bear a couple of days later, Good Charlotte w/ Against the Current and Milk Teeth on December 1st, then Roam w/ WSTR and Stand Atlantic a couple of weeks after. Looking forward to all of them and already have some great gigs lined up for 2018.

Two more booked for 2018, shaping up to be another good year.

Paramore in January, Don Broco and Marmozets in February, All Time Low and As It Is in March and Foo Fighters in June. Awesome start.

REALLY tempted to go to Rock im Park in Germany in June too because the line-up is huge. Anyone been before?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw Unsane last night, they rocked man. I actually got to shake hands and thank the lead singer for coming to Detroit. He told me to fuck off and die. 

Just kidding. He was really nice. Thanked me for coming out, etc. It was cool to shake hands with a major musical influence.

Oh, we got tickets to see Murder By Death in two weeks. Kind of whatever on them, they just got too much whiskey and knives and cliche cowboy shit in their song writing. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slam Dunk just announced the final additions to the lineup alongside stage splits and, while Lower Than Atlantis is a good addition and I'll see them again if they aren't clashing with PVRIS or Goldfinger... Me vs. Hero are doing a (possibly one off) reunion! Set clashes are always a pain at festivals but MVH have just joined Save Ferris as my two can't miss performances, even if it means missing all three of the above.

I wonder how Save Ferris sound live nowadays. The new EP sounded so different. I mean, it's expected if you change every member but the lead singer, but still. I was expecting it to be similar to what she was doing back then. I assume they still play more than half a dozen songs from "It Means Everything" so I'd still have a good time there.

7 hours ago, Naitch said:

Slam Dunk just announced the final additions to the lineup alongside stage splits and, while Lower Than Atlantis is a good addition and I'll see them again if they aren't clashing with PVRIS or Goldfinger... Me vs. Hero are doing a (possibly one off) reunion! Set clashes are always a pain at festivals but MVH have just joined Save Ferris as my two can't miss performances, even if it means missing all three of the above.

Playing Days That Shape Our Lives too. :wub: 

I wish I was going to the North one purely because of the pop punk pre-party on the Friday and ska/punk room at the afterparty. South has one less room and that's the one they chose to ditch. On the flip side, almost everyone I know who attends one goes to South and it's a lot easier to get to.

Edited by Naitch

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Brian Fallon live tonight. It was arguably the greatest show I've ever seen. He's just such a great freaking performer. His songs are able to convey so much emotion, his lyrics beautiful, and his voice incredible

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2018 at 07:46, Jericode said:

Saw Frank Turner for the 5th time yesterday. So damn talented, always puts on a great show and it's always a hell of a lot of fun.

Already booked my 6th time since he's coming to Cardiff next year :P

My friend attended his 33rd Frank Turner gig during this tour. I think he saw him in Norwich, London, and Bournemouth. Possibly Southampton too. The Norwich show was my first and I really enjoyed it.

He's one of my favourite acts to see live, could quite happily keep seeing him for years to come.

As It Is were awesome on the weekend. Worth the wait.

I've got the wonderful trio of Twin Atlantic, Rolling Stones and Foo Fighters this month before my calendar is more or less empty. Only show I've got booked post-June is Biffy in September. Hoping for some more announcements following Slam Dunk.