Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Just realised that Mastodon are being supported by Dillinger Escape Plan in their upcoming UK tour. BOOYAH!

It's been Red Fang, then DEP, then Mastodon headlining.

Personally I thought Red Fang was better than DEP.

I've seen DEP live before. I'm a big fan, so yeah, killing two birds with one stone.

Jeff Mangum, Magnetic Fields, Joanna Newsom, Boredoms, Sebadoh, Thurston Moore, Low, Yann Tiersen, The Magic Band, Olivia Tremor Control, Robyn Hitchcock, Half Japanese, Young Marble Giants, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Mike Watt & George Hurley playing Minutemen (!), The Fall, The Raincoats, Apples In Stereo, and Elephant 6, amongst others.

On top of this lot, Earth and Mount Eerie are now playing, Yamantaka are playing, who sound pretty cool.

Also, the American Contemporary Music Ensemble will be performing Gavin Bryars' "Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet", which I adore.

Can't wait!

I haven't been to a show since Kimya Dawson and Your Heart Breaks came to DC in like...sometime when it was cold. I just found out that Kimya Dawson and Your Heart Breaks are coming to Baltimore next month on a different tour! I need to go to more shows!

Also, another punk house closed down in Baltimore today. Not sure what the story is...not really sure if the people living there were legally living there...

On the train home from PostFest in Århus, a three day music festival celebrating post-rock (although I only attended two). But man, this festival came fifteen years too late. It really hit home for me that post-rock as a genre is well and truly dead. Most of the bands were boring copies of first save bands and the good ones didn't even play post-rock. Everyone should go check out Talons, though. Amazing young band.

• Like 1

OMFG

How were Red Fang? I've heard a few of their songs here and there and dug it, but I'm curious as to how they are live.