Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

@Cymbols That is a great list to be fair. Where are you seeing Frank Turner too?

Completely jealous you're seeing Busted, not buying a ticket to see them in Cardiff is my biggest regret so far this year.

He’s playing a super small show at The Empire in Coventry. Sold out in minutes, so had to ask for a review ticket instead which luckily they’ve said yes to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I have friends who see more.... o_O

I also have friends who see more but that's still impressive!! I did 130+ last year and felt it was a pretty good year! 

This year I'll be at around 45/50 bands at the end of June. I've skipped some I knew I would have enjoyed out of laziness and not because I had better plans, and regretted it later. *smh* 

I don't know what my record would be since I only started keeping track a couple years ago but it won't be much more than last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Frank Turner play an acoustic show in Coventry last Thursday. So so good. Interviewed him afterwards too, lovely guy.

Also got to interview a pissed off Selecter at Godiva Festival on Sunday. Think I won them around, and they played a great set. Busted headlined, and were a bit meh. Couple of recognisable choruses in there I spose.

Missed out on seeing Frank Iero after all, which was a shame.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got to do a weekend of music. Saw Kiesza and MIKA in NYC on Friday. MIKA is my girlfriend's favorite singer and she's never seen him, so it was awesome to go just for her. He is definitely good at getting the crowd involved, as someone who knew really nothing about him going in, but he tries too hard to be a Freddie Mercury type character to me.

Went to Boston last night to see Judah and the lion, with Flora Cash opening. Judah continues to be one of my favorite bands. Such a fun sound, and even better live. They are always delivering, and just do silly stuff to get the crowd involved too. Flora Cash are fucking terrible though. By far the worst band I've seen live this year.

I've not been as invested this year in concerts this year, most of my shows have been festival type, 104.5 birthday show and then Warped Tour in AC. I did another acoustic Brian Fallon show because he's the best, and I got dragged to a fucking awful concert of Falling in Reverse and Ice Nine Kills. Thanks to the festivals though, I saw The Revivalists, The Interrupters, Grouplove, Death Cab, and The Lumineers. 

I definitely can't remember who all I saw at Warped Tour. But I know I saw Blink, Offspring, Menzingers (seeing them twice at the end of the year), Reel Big Fish, Bowling For Soup, Good Charlotte (they're still awful), Simple Plan (surprisingly great), Anti Flag, and more. Not a bad haul so far

Edited by It's Pronounced Zoom-E

• 2 months later...