General Movie Thread

Jimmy

• 3 months later...

Looks like they're remaking American Psycho.

Lionsgate to remake 'American Psycho'

Noble Jones tapped to pen new adaptation of Brett Easton-Ellis novel

By Jeff Sneider

'American Psycho

Lionsgate has tapped Noble Jones to write and direct a reimagining of "American Psycho" that will go back to Bret Easton Ellis' 1991 satirical novel, which Mary Harron previously adapted in 2000 as a feature starring Christian Bale.

Low-budget project, which has not yet been greenlit at Lionsgate, is currently in the early stages of development at the studio.

Set in Manhattan during the Wall Street boom of the late 1980s, "American Psycho" concerns the daily life of Patrick Bateman, a wealthy investment banker by day who becomes a homicidal maniac by night.

Jones pitched the project to Lionsgate several months ago and recently turned in a script that explores how Bateman would fare in modern day Gotham.

A protege of David Fincher, Jones is a commericals and music video helmer who served as second unit director for the Boston-shot scenes in Fincher's award-winning drama "The Social Network."

Ugh. I know it hasn't been greenlit yet, but still, it hasn't even been long since the first one. There's not really any need for it.

• 1 month later...

It appears I have only seen five movies released in 2011 thusfar. Jeez, that's bad. Hopefully seeing Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy this week, but yeah. Gonna have to do some work before voting goes up for Favorite Movie '11 in February or so.

Endings to Edward Norton movies

Does he end up playing a person with split personality disorder or trying to trick someone by pretending to be someone he's not in every movie? Just watched Primal Fear and got two-for-one deal with that. Also, there's Leaves of Grass where he plays a set of twins and The Incredible Hulk where he turns into the Hulk.

For the past year or so I've been slowly making my way through the X-Files. Tonight I got to the first movie, taking place between seasons five and six. I went in knowing that my roommate, who loves the X-Files, thought the movie was mediocre. Me? I found it...enjoyable. As long as you can look past the only thing really resolved at the end was something set up in the season five finale and hardly mentioned throughout the movie. shifty.gif

But Fox and Scully better not near-kiss again.

• 4 months later...

I'm surprised it took RZA or any of the Wu this long to come out with a kung-fu movie. Though it would kill to have one that's more directly their version of Wu-Tang/Shaolin. This one looks fun as hell, though. Would have liked to see more shots of RZA being badass.