Cricket!

nabeel

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MDK said:

You can't field two wicket keepers

You've obviously not been keeping up. Our lack of a decent opener and a proper number 3 has led to us playing 3 wicket-keeper batsmen and selecting "bowlers that can bat", to the point where everyone except Anderson is supposedly capable of scoring runs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You've obviously not been keeping up. Our lack of a decent opener and a proper number 3 has led to us playing 3 wicket-keeper batsmen and selecting "bowlers that can bat", to the point where everyone except Anderson is supposedly capable of scoring runs

Which made Jimmys 81 against India all the more glorious

12 hours ago, Matt said:

What I mean is I dunno if you can put two people in wicket keeper positions at the same time

• 4 weeks later...

Was watching the cricket last night and one of the umpires was wearing something on his arm but the other one didn’t, and it’s been bugging me. Does anyone know what on earth this thing is? 

Asking EWB, I expect plenty of tom-foolery however I hope one factual explanation will slip through the net. <_<

7410B3E1-4817-4979-8C49-F794195E96F1.jpeg

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I would imagine that it's so he can protect himself when a sloggy batsman tonks one straight down the ground.

I was thinking it was this, but the other umpire didn't have one and it looked as though he was writing or doing something the other side of it. 

• 3 months later...

The Windies look very dangerous if the pitch conditions suit them, I still think their batting has a possibility to implode though.

Very professional job from England yesterday, hell of a catch from Stokes, even if it was only that difficult because he was horribly out of position :shifty:

19 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The Windies look very dangerous if the pitch conditions suit them, I still think their batting has a possibility to implode though.

Very professional job from England yesterday, hell of a catch from Stokes, even if it was only that difficult because he was horribly out of position :shifty:

Old man Gayle didn't look in great shape towards the end there.

He's never been the most mobile, but yeah nowadays he's just there to swing as hard as he can.

The bizarre thing about this tournament is that despite (stupidly) removing four associate nation teams from the competition the tournament is somehow four days longer than the last one.