Cricket!

nabeel

• 1 month later...

England well on top in the 1st Test against Sri Lanka. England made 298 with Bairstow scoring 140, then proceeded to skittle out Sri Lanka for 91 and enforce the follow on. The next couple of days are meant to be cloudy as well so the swingers are going have more help there. Sri Lanka could be fucked.

Sri Lanka aren't exactly great but that bowling was phenomenal. Game over unless the weather screws us.

Broad and Anderson were wondering why they didn't take many wickets at Headingly and decided that switching ends might help. It did, they took 9 for 37 between them.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite Sri Lanka's best efforts it looks like they aren't going to survive, fair play to them for getting 450+ in the second innings though.

Normally this would mean England win the series but this is the SUPER SERIES so all the ODIs and T20s play a role in deciding the winner.

• 4 months later...

Great news for both nations. We've got the usual moaners claiming it "devalues the sport" but at the end of the day both countries have a lot of potential (out of the two Afghanistan have the better talent pool but Ireland have the better facilities, plus when Zimbabwe continue to hold test status you can't claim Ireland and Afghanistan are the embarrassing ones in the club.

Both should be trying to arrange a series against either each other or Bangladesh as their first series. Though apparently Ireland are already talking to England about a series. 

• Like 1

Zimbabwe devalues the sport more than Ireland or Afghanistan... I forgot to mention that the USA were effectively booted out of the ICC.

Unless something miraculous happens this week as of the 1st July there will be very few professional cricketers in Australia. The Australian Cricketer's Association has turned down several revised contract offers from Cricket Australia (who are basically trying to under-cut the players' incomes by removing what they currently get as a portion of Cricket Australia's profits from sponsorship and TV deals) and therefore around 200 players, including anyone even remotely considered as a candidate for their international squads, will be effectively unemployed.

The women's team are in the same boat except their contracts expire whenever they are no longer competing in the Women's World Cup, i.e. after they've won it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surrey v Middlesex: Play abandoned after crossbow arrow lands on pitch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41103549

The police are Stumped but when they catch him it will be Overs. The guy will probably get out on Bail anyway and Run Out.

I checked on Googly and the suspect might be charged with reckless endangerment. But I suppose if I carry on with these I will be sent a Crease and desist letter.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

ENGLAND TEST SQUAD FOR ASHES SERIES
Joe Root, captain (Yorkshire), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Alastair Cook (Essex), Mason Crane (Hampshire), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Dawid Malan (Middlesex), Craig Overton (Somerset), Ben Stokes (Durham), Mark Stoneman (Surrey), James Vince (Hampshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire).