Cricket!

nabeel

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

England women have lost their Ashes to the Australians - here's hoping that the men can do somewhat better next week!

Really annoyingly though, this year BT Sport are the UK television rights holders, rather than Sky

:D That means I can follow/watch it at work during quiet times!

Well this morning was going well until about 20 minutes ago. JB and Broad need to stay in for a while, 300 will be an okay score if the rain does come. Nathan Lyons is bowling extremely well, I hope Root is willing to give himself the ball for a decent spell on this pitch.

Really surprised that Root didn't appeal that, correct decision as it turned out but i thought it was going down the leg side on first view. YJB and Ali need a good stand here. With rain forecast tomorrow (if it still is) we need to bat out today (or most of it) and have a decent lead (200+) and hope the weather plays into our hands. The day/night test is good for us, if we can draw this and win the next we might have a chance at retaining .

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

Gotta feel sorry for the England fans that went over there. 

Not necessarily, I've met a bunch of them through work up here for the 1st test + Rugby League World Cup and they're having a grand old pissup.

Could be to cover up the sadness though. 

Well, somehow, we might still win this. Advantage is still with Australia but a good morning session before the new ball and we've got a chance. Need performances from Root, YJB and Ali though with one of the bowlers chipping in.

Glad i stayed up for this.

Not sure Woakes should've been given out, I think the umpire called it on the basis that England have reviews and Australia don't and had it been reviewed by Australia I highly doubt the decision gets overturned. Poor from Root though, I think he felt the frustration from the Woakes decision. Need an absolute minimum of 100 partnership here to stand a chance.