WWF 2002

therockbox

Well sir, you have urself another reader and I will explain my utter love for this diary in a three fold way.

#1: CHRIS JERICHO IS GOD IN 2002, AND STILL IS!!!

#2: The feuds in this are great, and I like how you have brought out the ECW guys into their old gimmicks from ECW. Plus, Storm & D'lo in a tag team is utter gold. I cant help to not laugh my ass off at them.

and finally #3: I have yet to read a bad show, the additions to the roaster have really helped, not to mention the return of Vader (WOOT WOOT!). Plus, I was a huge fan of early 2002, especially seeing as DDP was great and I still hope that you give him the European Title at Mania.

P.S: JERICHO SHOULD HAVE A 20 MONTH TITLE REGIN!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF SmackDown!

Announcers: Michael Cole and TBA

Date: Thursday February 7th, 2002

The SmackDown! opening video plays accompanied by the SD theme music, as Michael Cole sits alone at the announcers table welcoming us to SmackDown!

Michael Cole: “Good evening everybody and welcome to WWF Thursday Night SmackDown! I’m your host Michael Cole, and folks I gotta’ tell you – I’m excited. I’m just moments away from learning who my NEW broadcasting partner is, appointed by Ric Flair himself! But onto the show in hand, and boy have we got a show in store for you. D’Lo Brown will be taking on The Rock in tonight’s Main Event, after D’Lo – along with Lance Storm and Kurt Angle – assaulted Triple H on RAW. Also tonight, Matt and Jeff Hardy take on Justin Credible and X-Pac, and if Team Xtreme win then they will get a chance to go to No Way Out and compete for the Tag Team Titles.”

Before Cole can go any further, Ric Flair’s loud “Whooo!” fills the arena, followed up by his theme music! Flair steps out dressed in an extremely expensive-looking suit, and slowly struts down the ramp. His signature Flair strut gets a massive pop from the crowd, as Flair pulls a mike up to his mouth.

Ric Flair: “As you all know, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler is no longer with the WWF, so that means we need a NEW co-commentator for Michael Cole on SmackDown!”

The camera focuses on Michael Cole, who smiles semi-sheepishly at the camera.

Ric Flair: “And after 2 days of non-stop searching and interviews, I have found the right man for the job! Not only has he had extensive experience INSIDE the ring, he’s also an accomplished commentator! So, without further ado, I introduce your NEW SmackDown commentator… DON CALLIS – WHOOO!”

A long-haired man steps out onto the ramp, wearing a pair of shades and a smart business suit. Callis points at a few fans in the front row – but refuses to slap any of their hands as he makes his way around the ring, before taking his place next to Michael Cole at the announcers’ table!

Michael Cole: “Well Don, it’s a pleasure to be here working with you on SmackDown!”

Don Callis: “Let me assure you Cole that the pleasure is ALL yours. There’s one reason that Flair hired me and that’s to carry YOU through this two hour show. You just don’t have the ability to talk through a two hour show – a FLAGSHIP show – without someone to carry you.”

Cole “uum’s” and “uuh’s” not being quite sure what too say, and seems about ready to retaliate – but is cut off as the ‘Tron flickers on, and we head backstage.

We see Kurt Angle in his lockeroom stretching, when a door opens off camera and in walk D’Lo Brown and Lance Storm – who don’t look too happy.

Kurt Angle: “GUYS! Great job on RAW – everything went perfectly!”

D’Lo Brown: “Perfectly? You call me being put in a match with THE ROCK perfect?”

The crowd pop at the mention of The Rock’s name.

Lance Storm: “Kurt, we came here to let you know that if YOU don’t deliver on your end of the bargain, then we’ll…”

Kurt gets into the face of Storm, and interrupts him.

Kurt Angle: “You’ll WHAT?”

Lance steps away from Angle, but continues to stare at him.

Lance Storm: “Forget it. But Kurt, keep your end of the bargain. Or else.”

Lance and D’Lo both look at Kurt as they begin to move towards the door, before turning and leaving the room. We fade back into the arena, where Don Callis is ‘educating’ Michael Cole.

Don Callis: “Ya’ see Mikey, the troglodytes that watch the WWF programming think that Lance Storm is nothing more than a comedy character. Well let me tell you, Lance Storm is one of the finest athletes of his generation. His in-ring skills are second to none, and as you saw there he reeks of intensity. Given the chance, Storm could be a big player in the WWF.”

Michael Cole: “Well thanks for your input there Don…”

Don Callis: “No problem Mike.”

Michael Cole: “Well up next Lance Storm IS in action, and he will face the rookie Bryan Danielson in one-on-one action. Let’s go to the ring.”

Lance Storm vs. Bryan Danielson

Callis continued to tell everyone about Lance Storm, and even claimed that Lance would “wipe the floor with this Daniels kid.” He clearly hadn’t been watching RAW, where Danielson nearly pulled out a victory against another accomplished star in Chavo Guerrero Junior. The match started off with a great sequence of reversals from both men, and it soon became clear that these two were pretty evenly matched. Danielson tried a couple of times to hook in his Double-Underhook submission (which Callis said was called the “Cattle Mutilation”), but each time Storm managed to scramble to the ropes. Eventually, Storm did manage to pick up the win following a Superkick really out of nowhere, before covering for the academic 3-count.

Winner: Lance Storm

Don Callis: “See Cole, I was right. Get used to that.”

Michael Cole: “I’d hardly say he wiped the floor with him though Don, in fact I think that Bryan could have easily picked up the win.”

Don Callis: “Well you’re paid to think, you’re paid to sit there and look smart. Besides, like they say, it doesn’t matter how you win – as long as you do.”

As the two continue arguing, we cut to the backstage area where The Rock is walking along a backstage corridor, when suddenly he bumps into The Undisputed Champion - Chris Jericho!

The Rock: “Well well, if it isn’t our FINE Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho. How’s the head, champ?”

Jericho rubs a white bandage on his head, which covers one of the cuts he received on RAW in his Cage Match against Scott Steiner.

The Rock: “Now Chris, I’m gonna’ level with you here. When Scott Steiner was announced as your mystery opponent RAW, I’ve gotta’ admit – I didn’t think you had a chance. But what do you know? I was wrong.”

Chris Jericho: “You know all about that, don’t you Rock?”

The Rock: “Whoa, excuse me? The Rock was about to compliment the man that CHEATED him out of the title at the Royal Rumble, and gets insulted? Well, that just plain hurts The Rock’s feelings.”

Chris Jericho: “Cut the crap, Rock. What do you want?”

The Rock: “What does The Rock want? The Rock wants what is RIGHTFULLY his, Jericho! At the Royal Rumble you barely kept that Undisputed Title around your waste, but come No Way Out, The Rock is taking what’s rightfully his. The People’s Champion, the most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment WILL become the NEW WWF Undisputed Champion!”

The Rock begins to talk in a whisper.

The Rock: “If ya smell what The Rock… is cookin’.”

Rocky walks away from Jericho who continues to stare at the man he could possibly be facing at No Way Out, as we fade into a Commercial Break.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Crash Holly: Hardcore Match

In a match which simply lead to Dreamer beating Crash into a bloody pulp, we saw a number of Dreamer’s trademark manoeuvres coupled with the use of any weapon he could get his hands on. Crash never really looked like coming back, despite a few offensive moves in desperation. Eventually (and perhaps mercifully), Dreamer ended the match with a Dreamer Driver followed up by the Dreamer DDT, before covering Crash Holly for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Tommy Dreamer

Suddenly however, as Dreamer celebrates his victory in the ring, Rob Van Dam came running down the ramp! He slides into the ring behind Dreamer and takes him out with a spin-kick to the back of Tommy’s head, before pulling off his “RVD” t-shirt. This reveals that his ribs are heavily bandaged following Dreamer’s attack on RAW, but this doesn’t stop Van Dam hopping up onto the top rope and signalling for the Five Star Frog Splash! The fans begin to cheer as RVD leaps into the air, but Dreamer manages to counter and raises his knees into Van Dam’s ribcage! Rob bounces up and begins to roll around in agony, as the angry Dreamer rises to his feet. He pulls RVD up and grabs his head, before nailing him with a Dreamer DDT! Tommy lets out a primal-like scream one he’s back on his feet, before climbing out of the ring and heading to the back.

Michael Cole: “Well, and impressive win for Tommy Dreamer over Crash Holly, but what was Rob Van Dam thinking? He’s in no condition to try and take on Tommy Dreamer!”

Don Callis: “And yet he, Cole. Why? Because Rob Van Dam is far to gung-ho to be anything more than filler in this business. He should’ve let his wounds recover and waited until No Way Out, when he could’ve returned in a sanctioned WWF match. But, instead he came out with injured ribs – and look where it got him, Dreamer DDT’d.”

Once again we cut just before Michael Cole can reply, to the TitanTron which is just flickering on.

We open up on a shot of a price tag, which reads “$12.99”. As we zoom out a kid is revealed, picking up a ‘brand new’ Triple H action figure. Quickly, the kid opens up his backpack and drops the figure inside, before hastily heading towards the exit. However, just before he is about to leave the room, a hand grabs him by the shoulder and pulls him back into the shop! As the man walks into the shot, we see he is wearing a “WWF Attitude” t-shirt.

Man: “Excuse me!”

The assistant at the till looks over, and seeing the man holding onto the kid walks over.

Assistant: “What seems to be the problem, sir?”

Man: “This delinquent was trying to STEAL from your shop! Look in his bag.”

The woman beckons over a security guard, who pulls the bag off the child’s back and opens it, pulling out the Triple H figure.

Man: “See?”

Assistant: “Thank you sir, and take him out to the back – we need to call his parents.”

As the security guard carts the kid off, the assistant smiles at the man before following the guard. The man then turns to the camera, and places his hand on his chin.

Man: “Honest John, honest by name… honest by nature.”

A big, cheesy grin fills the face of ‘Honest John’, as we cut back to SmackDown!

Hardy Boyz vs. Justin Credible & X-Pac

Knowing that a win here could catapult them up the rankings, Credible and X-Pac tried their best to defeat the Hardy Boyz – and didn’t mind using a few dirty tricks to try and help them do it. The two spent a lot of time working over Jeff in the corner, isolating him from his brother Matt for a large period of the match. X-Factor got a couple of near falls, one time following a Superkick from Credible and another time came as Jeff missed a Dropkick on X-Pac, who quickly rolled Jeff up with a handful of tights. Eventually, Jeff made the tag to Matt who quickly turned the tide of things, and with the help of a Litacanerana managed to swing the tide in his teams’ favour. Once Jeff was back on his feet the Hardy Boyz managed to wrap up the victory, as Matt nailed Justin Credible with the Twist of Fate, before Jeff followed up with the Swanton Bomb for the victory.

Winners: The Hardy Boyz

Lita joins Matt and Jeff in the ring as the trio begin to celebrate, when suddenly The Dudley Boyz come through the crowd, attacking Matt and Jeff from behind! Lita fails in her attempt to fight The Dudleyz off, as Bubba plants Matt with a Bubba Bomb! Bubba tells D-Von to “GET THE TABLES!”, when suddenly TAZZ AND SPIKE DUDLEY come running down the isle! They get to work quickly on the Dudleyz, first of all preventing them from getting a table, and then concentrating on getting their revenge! Spike nails the Dudley Dogg on Bubba, as Tazz takes D-Von out with a belly-to-belly Tazplex! With The Dudleyz taken care of Spike and Tazz help The Hardy Boyz to their feet, and the four teams raise each others’ hands.

Don Callis: “Well Spike and Tazz had a receipt for The Dudleyz, and they just delivered it right there!”

Michael Cole: “And The Hardy Boyz will get the chance to go to No Way Out after defeating X-Factor, but up next we have the tape sent into SmackDown! officials by Vince McMahon, which he demanded be played TONIGHT.”

On the Titantron, a grainy, black and white picture of the WWF logo appears. The sound of static can faintly be heard, as the familiar voice of Vince McMahon is heard over the P.A. System.

Vince McMahon: “A substance that causes death… something destructive or FATAL… a catalyst poison. Poison – what I, Vince McMahon, have injected into MY creation. All because of one man – Ric Flair. I can’t let him… or anyone else kill my creation, my baby. I made it, and it’ll be ME to destroy it!”

In the arena the fans boo, as the image switches over to another grainy picture, this time of Vince McMahon smiling.

Vince McMahon: “I don’t smile anymore, how can I? The one thing in this life that I have ever truly cared for is dying, and I’m the one that killed it. This is the last time you’ll hear from me until after No Way Out, because I can’t bear to see my creation at it’s peak, before the poison begins to take it’s toll.”

A flame begins to burn in the corner of the photo, and slowly turns the paper into ash as the screen fades to black.

Michael Cole: “Well, Vince McMahon there and he’s… well, he’s insane, he’s…”

Don Callis: “… Our boss, so you’d better show him some respect.”

Now we’re just moments away from our Main Event, and The Rock is ready as we see him backstage – heading towards the arena!

The Rock vs. D’Lo Brown

We returned to SmackDown! following a brief commercial break to see D’Lo Brown standing in the ring looking extremely nervous, just as “IF YA SMELL!” hit to send the fans into a frenzy, as “The People’s Champion” The Rock made his way to the ring! D’Lo tried to cheap shot Rocky but failed miserably, and nearly got a Rock Bottom extremely early on. However, despite managing to fight his way out of it, D’Lo was simply outclassed by The Great One for the entire match. Towards the end of the match, Rocky sent D’Lo into the ropes and then hit him with a Samoan Drop on the rebound, before laying into him with stomp after stomp. D’Lo crawled to his feet but was sent into the ropes again, and this time nailed him with a Spinebuster! Rocky moved up towards Brown’s head and removed his elbow pad, before bouncing off both sets of ropes and nailing The People’s Elbow, for the one-two-three!

Winner: The Rock

As SmackDown! goes off the air The Rock remains in the ring and celebrated on the turnbuckle, much to the delight of the crowd.

Television Rating: 5.54

Best Segment: Jericho/Rock Confrontation

Worst Segment: Lance Storm vs. Bryan Danielson

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Match:

- Hardcore Holly def. Nick Dinsmore

HeAt Results:

- Hardcore Holly def. Funaki

- Chuck Palumbo def. Bryan Danielson

- Christian def. Billy Kidman

RAW:

- The Coach and JR are brought out for RAW, and are followed by the opening theme music and pyro display.

- Chavo Guerrero Junior defeated The Hurricane via pinfall.

Hurricane got a nice little pop coming out, whilst Chavo seemed pretty over as a heel. The match went about 7 minutes, with the end coming as Hurricane went for the Hurri-Chokeslam, but Chavo reversed with a thumb to the eye. He knocked Hurricane down with a Vertical Suplex, before hitting the Frog Splash from the top rope for the win.

- Backstage, THE ROCK was shown arriving in a limo!

- D’Lo Brown and Lance Storm were interviewed by Marc Lloyd. They said that Angle owes them after they helped him take out Triple H before the match at No Way Out, and that if he didn’t repay them, then there’d be “hell to pay”.

- Molly Holly def. Trish Stratus via pinfall, to become the NEW Women’s Champion.

The Women’s division has seemingly been moved down the cards a bit, and this showed as Trish and Molly were only given 10 minutes. Trish looked to have the match won as she went for a Chick Kick, but Molly ducked which led to a ref bump. This brought JAZZ out through the crowd with a steel chair, and she waffled Trish straight across the back of the head! Molly made the cover and the referee slowly came round to count the three, crowning a new Women’s Champion!

- Ric Flair made his way to the ring, and called out Team Xtreme. He said that, tonight, he would give them a chance to enter the Tag Team Title match at No Way Out, provided that one of the Hardy Boyz – and it was up to them which one – could defeat TEST in 5 minutes off under!

- Matt Hardy (w/ Team Xtreme) def. Test via Pinfall in 4: 52.

It was decided that Matt would take on Test, who came to the ring looking all business. Test took his time once the bell had run to try and ensure that Matt wouldn’t beat the clock, but Jeff and Lita made sure that he started fighting. As time was running out Test lined Matt up for the Big Boot, but Matt saw it coming and ducked out of the way at the last second! Test spun around and Matt nailed the Twist of Fate for the win, 8 seconds before time ran out!

- Another promo video for HONEST JOHN, saying that he will be on RAW live next week.

- WWF European Champion CHRISTIAN made his way down to the ring, to reveal the name of his new show. Again he thanked Vince McMahon for giving him this opportunity, before revealing the name of his brand new talk show – “Chillin’ with the Champ’. Christian said that the show would officially debut next week, with a very special guest.

- Tommy Dreamer def. Tajiri (w/ Torrie Wilson) via pinfall.

Tajiri’s first match back after being assaulted by The Undertaker saw him take on the crazed Tommy Dreamer, in the main-event match of the night. Tajiri was accompanied by Torrie Wilson who wore a neck brace, and was the target of abuse from Dreamer the whole match. Tajiri went for the Green Mist on Tommy but completely missed as Dreamer ducked out of the way, before planting Tajiri with a Dreamer DDT. He covered without hooking the leg, and picked up the win.

After the match, the lights went out for a couple of seconds before THE UNDERTAKER’S music hit, and the American Badass made his way out to the ring. Torrie tried to protect Tajiri but ‘Taker pushed her aside, before scooping Tajiri up like a ragdoll and nailing him with a Tombstone Piledriver! The Deadman smiled sadistically before heading backstage, as referees swarmed the ring to help Tajiri.

- Backstage, THE BIG SHOW was shown making his way to the ring.

- The Big Show’s music hit and out came the 500lb giant, with a microphone. He said that No Way Out was this Sunday, and he promised that he would defeat The Rock and Chris Jericho to become the Undisputed WWF Champion. Show then turned his attention to The Rock himself, saying that anyone could blindside a man – like Rocky did to him last week on RAW.

This brought out The People’s Champion once more to a massive reaction from the crowd, as Rock exploded with right hands on Show! However, Big Show was ready this time as he pushed Rocky away, before grabbing him around the throat! He mocked Rocky before going for the Chokeslam, when suddenly CHRIS JERICHO hit the ring, smashing a Steel Chair across the back of The Big Show! The behemoth dropped Rocky before turning round, only to get drilled with another chair shot; this time across the skull! Jericho continued to smash the chair down across the fallen beast, before exiting the ring. As RAW went off the air, The Rock looked up at Y2J slightly confused, whilst Jericho raised his title and the chair in the air.

RAW Notes:

• The fans were slightly confused by Jericho’s choice to save The Rock, but reacted well nonetheless.
  • Officials were said to be extremely impressed by Chavo Guerrero and The Hurricane. Their match got an 82% approval rating amongst a selected portion of the live crowd, which is extremely impressive.
  • Molly Holly’s title win went down well with the fans, and seemed to get her more over.
  • The fans really seem to despise new character Honest John, and reacted heavily when his promo video aired.
  • Many feel that Tommy Dreamer isn’t ready for main-event matches yet. Despite his increase in popularity over the past couple of weeks, he’s still viewed as a midcarder by many right now.
  • Overall, RAW got a 76% approval rating with the live crowd.

Apologies for another change in the results format, but I find this method a lot more easier to write and far more convenient. PPV results will revert to the old format, however.

Velocity Results:

- Hugh Morris def. Chad Collyer

- Test def. Crash Holly

- Billy Gunn def. The Godfather

SmackDown! Results:

- SmackDown!’s usual welcoming played, as we were welcomed to the show by Michael Cole and Don Callis.

- RIC FLAIR made his way to the ring carrying a mike, to inform the audience that Tajiri could be out for a few months after another attack by The Undertaker. Because of this, the Cruiserweight Title was vacated as of now. However, he announced a Cruiserweight 10-man Battle Royal will take place at No Way Out, with the winner being crowned the new WWF Cruiserweight Champion!

- Bryan Danielson def. Billy Kidman via Submission.

Both men got a small pop from the crowd, before engaging in a typical Cruiserweight battle. Danielson managed to keep Kidman grounded for most of the match, but Billy managed to break free towards the end. However, Danielson managed to avoid the Shooting Star Press before locking in the Cattle Mutilation, forcing Kidman to tap out.

- Backstage, THE ROCK is interviewed by Kevin Kelly. Rocky says that he doesn’t know why Jericho helped him on RAW, but he didn’t want his help nor did he need it. He also demanded an explanation from Y2J later in the evening.

- The Hardy Boyz (w/ Lita) def. Lance Storm & D’Lo Brown.

In a taster match for this Sunday’s No Way Out, Matt and Jeff Hardy took on two of their opponents, Storm and D’Lo. Storm and D’Lo took control early in the match by isolating Matt away from his brother, but Matt managed to make the tag to Jeff, who began to clean house. However, D’Lo distracted the referee which allowed KURT ANGLE to hit the ring. Angle looked to attack the legal Jeff Hardy, but Lita took Angle back out of the match with a Litacanerana! D’Lo and Lance looked on surprised, which allowed Matt to knocked D’Lo to the outside before hitting the Twist of Fate on Lance, with Jeff finishing him off with a Swanton Bomb.

After the match, Angle got back into the ring and tried to apologize to Storm and D’Lo for his mistake, but the two seemed extremely angry at Angle costing them the match.

- Kurt remained in the ring as SD went to a commercial break, and when it came back Angle was standing with a mic in hand. Kurt told Triple H that he didn’t want to wait until Sunday, and he wanted Hunter right now. It wasn’t long before The Game made his way out, and began brawling with Angle. At this point, Storm and D’Lo appeared on the ramp again, but as Angle stared at them and asked for help, they simply turned and headed backstage. Kurt turned around straight into HHH, who nailed Angle with The Pedigree.

- STEVE AUSTIN was backstage with Kevin Kelly, and he accepted Mr. Perfect’s challenge for No Way Out. He said that Perfect “better bring a damned good partner”, because Stone Cold sure as hell would.

- Christian def. Maven via pinfall to retain the European Title.

Christian took on Maven in a match that screamed ‘thrown together’, following his trademark Unprettier. Maven looked extremely out of place in the match which led to Christian picking up a very easy win to retain his title.

- As Christian celebrated his title victory, RIC FLAIR came out once more and told Christian that he didn’t like McMahon giving him his own talk show. Christian told Flair that there was nothing he could do about it, but Flair begged to differ. The co-owner told Christian that whilst he couldn’t actually doing anything about the show, he could damn-well do something about the host. So, at No Way Out, Christian would defend his European Title in a Ladder Match… against KANE! Flair left with a big smile on his face, as Christian just stood still in the ring.

- The Big Show def. ‘Hardcore’ Holly via pinfall.

In a warm-up match for No Way Out, The Big Show made quick work of Hardcore Holly. Just minutes after entering the ring, Holly was subjected to the Final Cut before a vicious, one-armed Chokeslam from the 500lb giant, before Show simply placed a foot on Holly’s chest for the 1-2-3.

- After a commercial break, a video played recapping what happened at the end of this week’s RAW.

- The WWF Undisputed Champion CHRIS JERICHO made his way to the ring, to explain why he helped The Rock on RAW. The champ said that, simply put, it was too eliminate the ‘bigger’ threat to his title. Jericho has already beaten The Rock, and he knows he can do it again – which is why he needed to ensure that he faced him at No Way Out.

An angry Big Show hit the ring for the second time in quick succession, going after Jericho. Y2J tried to dart around the ring to avoid him, but eventually got caught. As Show manhandled Jericho in the corner, the crowd simultaneously erupted as THE ROCK came sprinting down the ramp! Big Show, sensing someone was coming turned around, only to get flattened by a BIG clothesline from The People’s Champ! Rocky stalks Show as he staggers to his feet, and hits the Rock Bottom, right in the centre of the ring! Jericho caps off the attack with a Lionsault, before grabbing his Undisputed Titles.

As SmackDown! goes off the air, The Rock mimes to Jericho that, come Sunday, the belt is his; whilst Jericho proudly hoists both belts onto his shoulders and smiles cockily at The Rock.

SmackDown! Notes :

• The show got a 79% approval rating, which is up on last week by 1%
  • WWE officials were said to be extremely unhappy with Hardcore Holly, who almost tried to make his match with The Big Show bad.
  • Week by week, the crowd seems to be accepting Bryan Danielson more and more. He should be one of the 10 cruiserweights in the No Way Out battle royal, so it will be interesting to see how he does.
  • The fans reacted well to the announcement of the Kane/Christian ladder match at No Way Out.

No Way Out

February 17th 2002

WWF Undisputed Title

Chris Jericho [c] vs. The Rock OR Big Show

Wrestlemania Main Event Spot on the line

Triple H vs. Kurt Angle

Tag Team Titles Fatal 4-Way

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Billy & Chuck vs. D’Lo Brown & Lance Storm

WWF European Title

Ladder Match

Christian [c] vs. Kane

Singles Match

The Rock vs. The Big Show

The winner faces Chris Jericho for the Undisputed Title later on in the night!

Tag Team Match

Mr. Perfect & Mystery Partner vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin & Mystery Partner

If Stone Cold wins, he faces Mr. Perfect in a street fight at Wrestlemania.  If Perfect wins, then the match doesn’t happen.

WWF Hardcore Title

Rob Van Dam [c] vs. Tommy Dreamer

10 Man Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Edited by The Rock Box

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grapehead

Woo, someone else who seems to share my love for Chris Jericho... I remember my biggest WWE diary featured Jericho holdin the title for most of the diary... rock on man. This is great, although it seems it's been awhile since you updated... hope this isn't dead yet man.

No Way Out

February 17th 2002

Rage Against the Machine’s “Wake Up” rips through the sold-out No Way Out arena, as a promo video plays recapping all the major action leading up to the event plays on the Titantron. Once the video has finished, the words “The Final Stop on the Road to Wrestlemania” appear on the screen, before a massive pyrotechnics display officially opens the show!

At the announcers’ desk, Jim Ross and Don Callis run-down tonight’s card for everybody watching at home, before we head to the ring for the opening match.

10 Man Cruiserweight Battle Royal

WWF Cruiserweight Title

Rules: 2 men enter the ring. Every minute, a new competitor enters the ring until all 10 are in the ring. A competitor can be eliminated by pinfall or submission.

In order, the 10 cruiserweight competitors make their entrances and form a circle around the ring, each awaiting their chance to capture Cruiserweight gold. The 10 competitors are; Funaki, Chavo Guerrero, Bryan Danielson, X-Pac, Scotty-2-Hotty, Hurricane, Crash Holly, Maven, Billy Kidman and TAKA Michinoku.

The bell sounds and the two men to kick things off are Scotty-2-Hotty and Billy Kidman, who enter the ring. The two lock up with Kidman immediately going behind with a waistlock, but Scotty reverses it into one of his own. He pushes Billy off into the ropes and goes for an arm-drag, but Kidman blocks it and shoots Scotty off into the ropes. Kidman ducks under Scotty and then leapfrogs him before hitting another arm-drag, quickly going for the cover but barely getting a one-count.

Entrant #3: X-Pac

X-Pac quickly stomps on Kidman a couple of times before tossing him into the corner, and then turns his attention to Scotty. He attempts to send Scotty into to Kidman but Billy manages to stop him, before both hit a double-clothesline on X-Pac. Kidman signals to Scotty that he wants to do his Shooting Star Press on ‘Pac, so he climbs to the top rope whilst Scotty positions X-Pac nearer the corner. However, X-Pac kicks Scotty into the ropes – crotching Kidman on the top turnbuckle! X-Pac gets to his feet and jumps up onto the top rope and grabbing Kidman, before nailing the X-Factor straight from the top rope! X-Pac makes the cover; 1… 2… 3!

Elimination #1: Billy Kidman

Billy is dragged out of the ring by the officials on the outside as Scotty begins to work over X-Pac, as the fourth man enters the fray.

Entrant #4: Maven

Tough Enough winner Maven is in next, and he begins by hitting his trademark dropkick on Scotty to knock him down to the mat. Maven pulls X-Pac up and hits him with a few forearms to the head before backing him into the ropes, sending him into the opposite set. Maven looks for another dropkick but X-Pac has it scouted as he holds onto the ropes, before pouncing on Maven. He simply rams his fists into Maven’s head before Scotty jumps over X-Pac and grabs his head, snapping his neck backwards! X-Pac lands vertically near the ropes and Scotty immediately begins to call for The Worm, getting the crowd on their feet! W – O – R – M, the… NO! Maven grabs Scotty round the back of the head and tosses him to the outside!

Immediately the referees run to Scotty’s position, as an ‘Instant Replay’ split screen comes on from another angle. It shows Scotty landing almost vertically on his head, after getting his foot caught up on the top rope. As the match continues, a team of EMT’s come down the ramp and begin to move Scotty backstage.

Elimination #2: Scotty 2 Hotty

Entrant #5: Funaki

Scotty is eliminated by default as Funaki enters the match, going after the man who just threw Scotty from the ring; Maven. Funaki cuts out his leg from behind and tries for a quick cover, but Maven easily kicks out. Funaki tries to keep Maven on his knees with some kicks to the head before he bounces off the ropes, but Maven jumps up and shakes Funaki with a big Powerslam! Maven goes for the cover; 1… 2… kick out by Funaki. Maven pulls Funaki up and whips him into the corner, just as he’s knocked down from behind by X-Pac!

Entrant #6: Chavo Guerrero

Chavo enters the ring and runs over to Funaki in the corner, and begins to stomp a mudhole in him. Funaki slips down into a sitting position and Chavo takes over from X-Pac and works over Maven, as X-Pac nails Funaki with the Bronco Buster! ‘Pac gives Crash Holly on the outside a crotch-chop, before pulling Funaki up to his feet. He drags him into the centre of the ring hits a Vertical Suplex, as Chavo lifts Maven onto the top rope. He clambers up to join him and looks for a Superplex, but Maven counters and begins to punch Chavo in the ribs! Maven eventually manages to shove Chavo back into the centre of the ring, before nailing him with a Missile Dropkick once he gets up! Maven goes for the cover; 1… 2… kick out by Guerrero!

Entrant #7: TAKA Michinoku

TAKA immediately goes to help his tag team partner Funaki, spinning X-Pac round and knocking him down with a Clothesline! He goes to help Funaki up, when he gets rolled up into a Small Package; 1… 2… 3! Funaki just eliminated his own tag team partner!

Elimination #3: TAKA Michinoku

TAKA looks on in disbelief as the referee ushers him out of the ring, whilst Funaki shrugs his shoulders. Funaki gets up to his feet and turns around; X-Factor from X-Pac! Cover; 1… 2… 3!

Elimination #4: Funaki

Funaki rolls out of the ring where the referees begin to drag him to the back, as TAKA gets in his face and yells at him in Japanese, clearly irate at Funaki eliminating him. Back in the ring, Maven and Chavo are now both on their feet and are exchanging punches. Maven begins to take control and tries to send Chavo into the ropes with an Irish Whip, but Guerrero reverses it and bends down looking for a back body drop, but Maven counters with a boot to the head! Maven hits a DDT and goes for the cover, but Chavo kicks out on two!

Entrant #8: Crash Holly

Holly enters the ring and attacks X-Pac from behind, immediately putting him down with a neckbreaker for a two-count. Crash continues to throw everyone at X-Pac, hitting him with a barrage of kicks, punches and forearms. He goes for another cover after a Tornado DDT on ‘Pac, but missies out on the three by a millisecond. On the opposite side of the ring, Chavo Guerrero has Maven locked in a Sleeper Hold. The fans begin to rally behind the rookie who takes notice and begins to fight his way up, eventually getting free with a few elbows to Chavo’s head! Chavo tries to regain his momentum with a Clothesline, but Maven ducks and then connects with a Clothesline of his own!

Entrant #9: The Hurricane

Hurricane’s entry is met with loud cheers by the fans, as Hurricane deliberates over who to go for before settling on Crash Holly, who is attacking X-Pac in the corner. He spins Crash round and quickly sets up for the HurriSlam, but Crash manages to avoid the move by booting Hurricane in the stomach. Crash then goes for a Tornado DDT, but Hurricane pushes him off mid-move, before grabbing Crash around the throat once more! This time, Hurricane connects with the HurriSlam and eliminates Crash from the match with the resulting cover!

Elimination #5: Crash Holly

Hurricane looks to continues his role moving towards X-Pac, but is stopped dead in his traps by a thumb to the eye! X-Pac hits a snap backdrop for a (just) a two count, as Maven also gets a two count on Chavo following a another Dropkick to the temple.

Entrant #10: Bryan Danielson

Danielson gets perhaps the biggest reaction out of all the competitors in the match following his string of impressive matches since debuting in the WWF. Danielson goes straight to work on X-Pac, dazzling him with an array of technical manoeuvres designed to wear X-Pac down even more. Danielson manages to lock in his Cattle Mutilation submission hold, but ‘Pac manages to wrap his feet around the bottom rope to escape the hold. Whilst the referee was concentrating on this, Chavo nailed Maven with a Low Blow before putting him on the mat with a triple vertical suplex combination, before heading to the top rope and nailing a Frog Splash! Chavo hooks Maven’s leg; 1… 2... 3!

Elimination #6: Maven

The fans boo the exit of Maven, but they soon begin to cheer again as Chavo, who was on his knees gloating about eliminating Maven, is caught from behind with a Shining Wizard! Unfortunately for Hurricane, his joy is short lived as Danielson locks him in the Cattle Mutilation! After fighting against the move for 30 seconds or so, Hurricane has no choice but to submit!

Elimination #7: The Hurricane

Danielson moves on towards Chavo who is down lying on his stomach, and attempts to lock in another Cattle Mutilation, but X-Pac comes from behind at stops him applying the hold. Pac goes to kick Danielson in the stomach possibly looking for the X-Factor, but Danielson counters and grabs hold of X-Pac’s leg, takes him over with a Dragon Screw and applies a Figure-Four Leg Lock, right in the centre of the ring! X-Pac tries to fight the hold, but after just over a minute he gives up, leaving just two men left!

Elimination #8: X-Pac

X-Pac, however, refuses to leave the ring and grabs onto the ropes, causing all of the referees to become distracted as they try to get him out of the ring. Danielson gets up to his feet, unaware that Chavo Guerrero is behind him, brandishing the Cruiserweight Title. Danielson turns around, and gets walloped with the gold! Chavo tosses the belt to the outside and climbs to the top rope, before hitting a Frog Splash on Danielson! Chavo covers and the referee turns around; 1… 2… 3!

Winner and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: Chavo Guerrero

The fans are booing heavily as Chavo snatches the belt from the referee, before quickly exiting the ring and heading up the ramp. X-Pac is still irate at being eliminated, whilst Danielson begins to come round with a look of angriness and disbelief plastered over his face.

Rob Van Dam [c] vs. Tommy Dreamer

WWF Cruiserweight Title

Hardcore Rules Apply

Tommy Dreamer makes his way down to the ring, carrying a Singapore Cain in one hand, and a trash can filled with a variety of hardcore plunder in the other. He throws the trash can over the top rope before entering the ring, where he climbs onto the second rope and raises his fists – and Cain – in the air. The current Hardcore Champion is out next, and Rob Van Dam gets a huge reaction from the sold out crowd. Beneath his normal ring attire, his ribs can be seen to be heavily bandaged after Dreamer’s attacks, which Callis says will cost Van Dam his title.

The bell rings and the two immediately attack one another, and begin exchanging blows in the middle of the ring. Van Dam manages to get the upper hand, but Dreamer uses RVD’s injury to his advantage and boots him in the ribs! Van Dam’s arms immediately clutched his ribs as he went down to one knee, but Dreamer relentlessly went at Van Dam, pulling him up and whipping him into the ropes. Dreamer lifted his knee straight into the mid-section of Van Dam, sending him rolling over the knee and down to the canvas. Dreamer covered, but Van Dam kicked out on one.

Dreamer went for the weapons, reaching into his trash can and removing a “Stop” sign, which he smashed into the head of RVD! Rob went down to one knee and took another two shots to the head, before flopping down to the mat. Tommy dropped the now distorted and bent sign before going for another weapon, this time a run-of-the-mill Steel Chair. He placed the steel across Van Dam’s ribs and bounced off the ropes, before dropping a leg straight down onto the chair! Another cover, and this time RVD kicks out on two.

Tommy, clearly pleased with his work so far, yells “Come on Robbie!” as he pulls him to his feet, before sending him backwards into the ropes with a vicious uppercut. Rob rebounded back towards Dreamer, and managed to duck a Clothesline attempt, before throwing a foot up in a desperate attempt to hit Dreamer. His boot was caught however, but Van Dam tried to counter with an Enziguiri, but Dreamer ducked that! However, Van Dam’s suppleness allowed him to go back the other way, and nail Dreamer in the temple with his foot! RVD goes for the cover; 1… 2… kick out.

Rob rummages through Tommy’s trash can of goodies but doesn’t find anything he likes, so instead he empties the trash can and places it in the corner between the top two turnbuckles. Rob pulls Dreamer to his feet and goes for an Irish Whip, but Tommy reverses sending Van Dam towards the corner. However, RVD manages to jump up onto the top rope, and flies at Dreamer connecting with a Cross Body! Rob quickly gets back up to his feet, but is visibly struggling to get air as he picks up a chair, which he places over Dreamer’s head. Rob does his ‘thumbs’ taunt before hitting the ropes and going for the Rolling Thunder, but Dreamer senses that it’s coming and moves at the last second, causing RVD’s back to connect with nothing but steel! Dreamer rolls on top of Van Dam for the cover; 1… 2… kick out at the last second!

After a brief rest period, Dreamer slides to the outside and produces a table from underneath the ring, which he slides under the bottom rope. He then clambers back into the ring and grabs his Cain, which he brings down across the lower back of RVD 5 or 6 times! With Van Dam well and truly out of it, Tommy sets about looking to punish RVD as much as possible. He grabs the table and rests up it in the corner, before pulling Van Dam up to his feet. He drags him into the corner and props him up against the table, before moving over to the opposite side of the ring. He screams as a he charges towards Van Dam and goes to Splash him through the table, but Van Dam counters with a Spinning Heel Kick out of nowhere!

Van Dam slowly climbs to his feet as Tommy pulls himself up using the ropes, but the kick has knocked him for 6 and he slumps down against the table in a sitting position. Catching his second wind, RVD looks at the fans and jumps to the top turnbuckle left of Dreamer. The fans rise to their feet in anticipation of what’s coming next, as Van Dam does his thumbs taunt once more… VAN TERMINATIOR FROM RVD – NO, DREAMER MOVES! Dreamer managed to roll out of the way, sending Van Dam’s body smashing through the table!

A “HOLY SHIT!” chant resonates through the arena, as the camera focuses in on the lifeless body of Van Dam, crumpled amongst the table debris. Tommy Dreamer, now sensing that the end is near, pulls RVD up and moves him into the centre of the ring before placing his head under his arm, and nailing the Dreamer DDT! Dreamer covers RVD and hooks the leg; 1… 2… 3!

Winner via Pinfall and NEW Hardcore Champion: Tommy Dreamer

The referee hands the Hardcore Title belt to Dreamer, who snatches it away and raises it in the air. As the ref checks on Van Dam who is still not moving Dreamer exits the ring, clutching the title close to his chest. As Dreamer heads backstage, EMT’s and other officials rush past him carrying medical equipment, on their way to aid the former Hardcore Champion.

The Rock vs. The Big Show

Shot at Chris Jericho’s Undisputed Title later on tonight

“If ya Smell!” sends the crowd into a frenzy as the People’s Champion makes his way down to the ring! The fans show their support for Rocky as he does his trademark pose on the turnbuckle before a deep, booming voice signals the arrival of the Big Show. The fans boo heavily as the 500lb giant slowly makes his way down to the ring, before calmly climbing onto the apron and stepping over the top rope. As soon as Show’s foot hits the canvas, The Rock sprints forwards and tears into Show with right hands, before nearly forcing him over the top rope with a spit-punch combo! Show staggers forwards into another big right hand from Rocky, which sends him back into the corner. The Rock begins to work on Show in the corner but the big man uses his strength to push The Rock away, and he rolls backwards. Rocky gets back up to his feet, but The Big Show nails him with a BIG Clothesline sending Rocky straight down to the mat!

Big Show smiles as The Rock gets to his feet, before Show grabs him by the neck and pulls him up. Show shoots him off into the ropes and goes for a Big Boot, but Rocky ducks and bounces off the opposite set of ropes before flying at Show with a big forearm… but the behemoth absorbs it! The Rock, shocked at first, bounces off the ropes again and attempts the same move but gets the same result. The Rock goes for another forearm this time out of complete desperation, but is caught round the throat by The Big Show! Rocky manages to escape the Chokeslam however by booting Show in the midriff, before mustering up the strength the push him back into the corner.

Rocky elbows Show in the face a few times before attempting to send him across the ring with an Irish Whip, but the giant reverses it. Rock turns so his back takes the impact but gets flattened in the corner by a big splash from the big man, who taunts to the booing crowd as The Rock falls to the floor. Show arrogantly places one foot on the chest of Rocky as a cover, but The Rock gets the shoulder up on one. Show moves over to the other side of the ring and allows Rock to get up, but sends him straight back down to the canvas with a Clothesline, which JR claims nearly “took The Rock’s head off”!

Show again goes for the cover, this time actually making the effort to lie on him and hook the leg, but Rocky kicks out again – on two this time around. Show drags The Rock to his feet before sending him into the ropes, catching him on the rebound with a spinning powerslam. The Rock arches his back and clutches the bottom of it in pain, which Show notices and responds by driving his boot right into Rocky’s seemingly injured lower back. Show bounces off the ropes and hits the People’s Champ with a Legdrop followed by another cover, but once again Rocky kicks out.

Big Show gets to his feet and pulls the straps on his top down, before raising his right arm into the air and letting out a yell. The Rock slowly pulls himself up as Show positions himself directly behind Rocky, who is now on one knee. The Rocky manages to straighten up and turns around, and gets caught round the throat by Show! Big Show raises him into the air, and brings him crashing down to earth with a hellacious Chokeslam! JR and Don Callis are convinced that it’s over as Show covers The Rock; 1… 2… KICK OUT!

The fans erupt as The Rock kicks out, leaving the Big Show with a bewildered look on his face. He covers Rocky again and this time hooks the leg, but once again The Rock kicks out! Show quickly gets up to his feet now enraged, and places his hand over the throat of the great one. Show shows us all his mammoth strength as he lifts The Rock almost one-armed, before lifting him into the air for a second Chokeslam – but Rocky counters and wraps his legs around the throat of The Big Show, choking the beast out! Slowly but surely, Show goes down to one knee as he is deprived of oxygen, and his soon down on his back. The Rock tells the referee to “check” Show, who manages to keep his arm raised at the third time of asking. Rocky releases Show and this time begins to ‘stalk’ the big man as he gets to his feet, presumably looking for the Rock Bottom.

The fans begin to stir as Show gets up and turns around, and gets caught by The Rock! Here it comes, The Rock Bo… no! Big Show counters with elbows to the back of the head! The Rock lets go off Big Show and staggers way before turning back towards Show… CHOKESLAM NUMBER 2!

Show, after 30 seconds or so of catching his breath manages to slump an arm over The Rock for what must be the win; 1… 2… NO! THE ROCK KICKS OUT AGAIN! The fans are going crazy as the People’s Champion gets a shoulder up, managing to kick out of a second Chokeslam. Slowly, the two competitors get up to their feet and begin to exchange punches. Rocky gains the upper hand and shoots Show off into the ropes and goes for a Clothesline, but Show grabs Rocky around the throat again! He goes for ANOTHER Chokeslam, but The Rock manages to escape and lands behind Show, spins him around and plants him with the ROCK BOTTOM, right in the centre of the ring! Slowly but surely, Rocky clambers to his feet and places himself at the head of the Big Show, before pulling his elbow pad off and throwing it into the crowd. He bounces off one set of ropes, hops over Show, bounces off the other set of ropes and drives his elbow down into the heart of the Big Show, completing the most electrifying move in Sports Entertainment; the PEOPLE’S ELBOW! The Rock covers Show and hooks the leg; 1… 2… 3! The Rock gets an Undisputed Title shot later on!

Winner via Pinfall: The Rock

“If Ya Smell!” hits the arena once more, as every fan in attendance is on their feet cheering on the battered and bruised Rock, who manages to raise himself onto the turnbuckle and throw his arm in the air. Don Callis raises a good point on commentary, wondering how after 2 Chokeslams and being worked on for a majority of the match, The Rock would be able to defeat Chris Jericho as well in the same evening.

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin & ?? vs. Mr. Perfect & ??

If Stone Cold wins, he faces Perfect at WrestleMania in a Street fight. If Mr. Perfect wins, then the match doesn’t take place

The glass shatters and the fans all jump to their feet at once, as the Texas Rattlesnake Steve Austin makes his way to the ring. He poses on all four turnbuckles, before Mr. Perfect makes his way to the ring with a cocky smile on his face, to the jeers and boos of the crowd. Mr. Perfect’s partner is announced first, as the overly-English music of William Regal plays, as the Goodwill Ambassador makes his way down the ramp to a large round of boos. Perfect and Regal shake hands before turning to look at Austin, who is standing with a smile on his face.

YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME…

Regal looks like he’s just seen a ghost EDGE makes his way out onto the ramp, and energetically sprints down it and slides into the ring. He immediately tries to go after Regal, but the referee steps in and stops him from doing so. After both teams have ‘calmed down’, Austin and Regal step out onto their respective aprons leaving Edge and Mr. Perfect to start things off. The two tie up in the middle of the ring and Perfect goes behind with a waistlock, but Edge reverses into one of his own. Perfect manages to push Edge back into the corner forcing him to break the hold, before the two make their way back into the centre of the ring once more.

Perfect raises his hand and asks Edge for a test of strength, and Edge duly obliges. However, Perfect boots Edge in the stomach and then quickly takes his arm before twisting it round, takes him down to the mat and then applies an armlock. Edge reaches out towards Austin but is far to far away to even be close to make a tag, as Mr. Perfect wrenches on his arm. Perfect eventually pulls up and makes the tag to Regal, who takes the arm of Edge and spins it round with an arm wringer. Regal pushes his elbow into the shoulder of Edge whilst pulling his arm against it, causing Edge to scream out in pain.

Regal sends Edge into the ropes and catches him with an arm drag and keeps hold of Edge’s arm, applying another armlock on Edge. With pressure still being applied after a minute or so, Edge punches Regal in the head a couple of times to try and force him to let him go, but Regal retaliates with 5 or so punches of his own.

Regal pulls him up again and goes for another Irish Whip this time into the corner, but Edge reverses. He looks to follow it up with a Spear, but Regal moves out of the way sending Edge’s already-weakened shoulder into the steel turnbuckle! Edge clutches his shoulder in pain as Regal tags Mr. Perfect back in, who begins to stomp away on Edge. Perfect stops to spit in Austin’s direction, before mimicking Austin as he begins to stomp a mudhole in Edge; Austin style. Stone Cold tries to get into the ring but the referee stops him, allowing Regal to enter the ring and double team Edge. Perfect wrings Edge’s arm and stretches it out as Regal kicks away at the shoulder, before Perfect heads back out onto the apron as the referee turns around.

Regal places Edge’s wrist on the bottom rope, before using the top rope for leverage to jump up and drop his knee down on Edge’s shoulder. Regal continues to stomp away at the shoulder before tagging in Hennig once again, who drives his knees repeatedly into Edge’s shoulder. Perfect drags Edge into the centre of the ring before making the cover, but Edge kicks out on 2. Perfect pulls Edge up and places his arm behind his back, before picking him and up and dropping him down with a high-angled back drop, leaving Edge’s injured arm and shoulder to take most of the impact.

Perfect applies a Fujiwara Armbar to Edge, causing him to scream in agony. Perfect yells “TAP!” repeatedly as Austin spurs the fans into an “EDGE!” chant, which seems to work as he slowly forces his way to his feet. Perfect breaks the hold and gets to his feet, managing to catch Edge’s foot as it moves towards his mid-section. However, Edge manages to nail an Enziguiri, knocking Mr. Perfect down! Slowly, Edge crawls over towards Austin’s outstretched hand, as Perfect makes his way towards Regal. Perfect makes the tag and is followed by Edge, bringing Austin into the match for the first time!

The Rattlesnake knocks Regal down with a hard right hand before giving the same to Mr. Perfect who slides out of the ring, as Regal gets back to his feet. Austin grabs a hold of him and whips him into the ropes, before jumping on him with a Lou Thesz Press! Austin rapidly fires right hands into the side of the Brit’s head, before getting up to his feet. He pulls Regal up and takes him over with a Vertical Suplex before making the cover; 1… 2… Kick Out.

Mr. Perfect gets back into the ring but is met by a Clothesline from Austin who then begins to stomp on Hennig, forcing him into the corner. Austin stomps a Mudhole in Perfect before giving him the finger, and finishing up with one big stomp straight in the chest of Hennig. Austin turns around towards Regal but gets a knee to the face, before getting pulled back up to his feet. Regal drives his knees into Austin’s face before whipping him into the ropes and attempting a Clothesline, but Austin ducks! He spins Regal round and goes for the Stone Cold Stunner, but Regal manages to push Austin into the ropes! Austin turns around and this time gets leveled with a Clothesline, as Regal then reaches into his pants and pulls out a pair of Brass Knuckles!

Austin slowly gets up to his feet as the referee tries to take the ‘Knucks away from Regal, but gets nailed in the head himself! Regal trash-talks the referee before turning back round towards Austin, but gets nailed with SPEAR! Edge gets to his feet clutching onto his shoulder, which JR says must be hanging on by a thread. Mr. Perfect is now back on his feet and he knocks Edge over the top rope and to the outside, only to get nailed by a Stunner from Austin!

Stone Cold pushes Perfect out of the ring and then covers Regal, but of course the referee is knocked out cold. Austin gets up and tries to revive him, but the ref stays motionless. By now, Regal is back up on his feet – brass knuckles still on his hand, and is waiting for Austin to turn round. As he does so Regal swings, but Austin sees it coming and ducks, before booting Regal in the stomach and hitting him with a Stone Cold Stunner! Another referee sprints down to the ring as Austin makes the cover; 1… 2… 3! It’s gonna’ be Steve Austin vs. Mr. Perfect at WrestleMania in a street fight!

Winners via Pinfall: Steve Austin and Edge (Austin pinned Regal)

Austin’s music hits the arena and The Rattlesnake gets up to his feet, and is joined by Edge in the center of the ring. The referee raises their arms in the air, but Edge immediately begins to clutch at his shoulder which is clearly still hurting. Austin calls for some Steveweisers and shares a couple with Edge, before the victors head to the back.

An advert for this years WrestleMania plays, and flashes up a “Stone Cold vs. Mr. Perfect: Street Fight!” graphic. When we return, we see The Rock in a Medical room somewhere backstage being tended to by a doctor, preparing him for his match with Chris Jericho later on tonight!

Christian [c] vs. Kane

Ladder Match, WWF European Title

First competitor to retrieve the title using a Ladder will be declared the winner.

The WWF European Champion makes his way to the ring, looking extremely nervous. JR says that he may have to change the name of his talk show to “Chillin’ with the FORMER champ” after tonight, because Kane is near-impossible to beat. As the title belt is hoisted up into the air, Kane’s music hits and The Big Red Machine methodically makes his way down to the ring.

Kane steps up onto the apron looking to do his usual step over-the-ropes entrance, but Christian darts forwards and connects with a Baseball Slide to the knee of Kane! He drops down to the floor and his jaw connects with the ring apron, sending Kane staggering backwards a little. He shakes his head as Christian launches himself over the top rope towards Kane, but gets caught attempting a cross-body! The champion yells “NO!” as Kane rams his back into the turnbuckle post, before dropping him down onto the floor.

Kane boots Christian in the head a couple of times as he makes his way to his feet, only to get sent flying into the Steel Steps! Christian clutches at his back as Kane picks him up and rolls him into the ring, before following. Kane shoots Christian into the ropes and knocks him down with a Clothesline, before pulling him up again. He Irish Whips him into the ropes and goes for another Clothesline, but Christian ducks! The youngster fires off a couple of right hands to Kane’s jaw before stomping away at his mid-section, but Kane seems relatively unaffected and pushes him away! Christian rolls backwards but gets back up onto his feet, only to have his head nearly taken off by a Big Boot from Kane!

As Kane leaves the ring a close-up on Christian reveals blood slowly but steadily trickling down from his nose, as Kane re-enters the ring with a Steel Chair! Kane raises the chair above Christian who is now on his knees, but before he can make contact he gets a Low Blow! The Big Red Machine keels over and goes down onto his side, as Christian grabs the chair and gets to his feet. He wipes the blood from under his nose smearing across his cheek, before telling Kane to “get up.” He slowly does so as Christian stalks him, gripping the chair. As Kane gets to his feet Christian raises it up in the air, and waffles Kane straight in the head! Kane goes down to one knee and takes another shot to the head, and this tie slumps forwards onto the ground.

Christian drops the chair and heads to the outside, grabbing one of the ladders at the bottom of the ramp and sliding it into the ring. He follows and sets it up in the middle of the ring, before beginning to climb. However, Kane is not nearly beaten enough and is soon up on his feet, and grabs hold of Christian’s pants before pulling him back into the ring. Christian tries to get a punch in but Kane blocks, before knocking Christian down with a vicious European Uppercut.

Christian is quickly back up to his feet but gets caught with ANOTHER uppercut, which this time sends him back into the ladder. Kane looks for a straight jab to Christian, who manages to move sending Kane’s fist into the steel! As Kane shakes his wrist, Christian slides to the outside and begins reaching around under the ring, and pulls out a Fire Extinguisher! Kane turns around only to get sprayed in the eyes, and Christian slides back into the ring.

Christian drives the Extinguisher into the back of Kane’s knee putting him down on all-fours, before drilling it into the back of his head! Kane rolls over onto his back as JR says that “he must surely be knocked out”… but Kane SITS UP! Christian just stands still and looks at Kane, who rises to his feet. Christian takes another swing at his opponent, but Kane snatches it away from him. He tosses the extinguisher to the side before stepping right in front of Christian, who looks like he’s about to cry.

In one swift, sudden motion, Kane grabs Christian round the throat! However, just as he does so, the lights in the arena cut out! For a minute or so the lights stay cut, and a lot off bumps and ‘cracks’ can be heard, obviously coming from the ring. When the lights come on, we see a motionless Kane lying in the center of the ring… with Raven striking his Crucifix Pose at the Big Red Machine’s head. Christian is standing nearer the ropes, his eyes fixed on Raven whose head slowly turns to meet the gaze of Christian. Raven wipes his hair away from his eyes before exiting the ring and heading up the ramp, stopping only at the top to admire what he has done to Kane.

Christian makes sure Raven is out of sight before quickly propping up a ladder in the middle of the ring, and quickly climbing to the top. He grabs the European Title and unhooks it, before bringing it down to the canvas.

Winner via Belt Retrieval and STILL European Champion: Christian

Still the European Champion, Christian realizes how lucky he is to have retained his title and quickly slides out of the ring, before heading up the ramp and out of sight. Kane, still in the ring slowly gets to his feet and pounds a fist on the canvas, clearly frustrated at the loss.

Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Billy & Chuck vs. Lane Storm & D’Lo Brown

WWF Tag Team Titles

Rules: One team per corner, any superstar can be tagged by his opponent or otherwise. Elimination rules, last team standing win.

Billy and Chuck are out first, and make their way to the ring before removing each others’ robes and personalized headbands. The Dudley Boyz come out next, accompanied by the “Duchess of Dudleyville”, Stacy Keibler. Lance Storm and D’Lo Brown make their way to the ring separately, and D’Lo doesn’t look to happy to see Storm when he enters the ring. Finally, the three members of Team Xtreme energetically make their entrance to a huge pop from the crowd, who are firmly behind the Hardy Boyz for this one.

Chuck Palumbo and Jeff Hardy remain in the ring, and tie up as the bell rings. Chuck applies a headlock but Jeff manages to shoot him off into the ropes, only to get knocked down by a shoulder block. Jeff rolls over onto his stomach as Chuck bounces off the ropes and jumps over the prone Hardy, who gets to his feet and leapfrogs Chuck. Palumbo comes back off the ropes once more as Jeff runs into the opposite set, and jumps into Chuck with a Wheelbarrow before converting it into a Bulldog! Jeff rolls on top of Chuck and goes for the cover, but he easily kicks out on one.

The two get to their feet and Jeff tags in his brother Matt, whilst Chuck tags in his partner (in both senses of the word?) Billy Gunn. The two lock up in the same way as the two before them, but this time Billy pushes Matt back into the corner. He gives him a clean break however, allowing Matt to leave the corner relatively unharmed. They lock up again and this time Matt pushes Gunn into a corner, but returns the favour and gives him a clean break as well. A third tie-up sees Billy push Matt into the ropes and then send him across the ring with an Irish Whip, but Matt slides through Billy’s legs and then knocks him down with Dropkick to the jaw as he turns round!

Matt gets to his feet and makes the tag to D’Lo Brown, as Billy rolls over to the Dudley’s corner and tags in D-Von. The two both seem to be going for yet another tie-up but D-Von outsmarts D’Lo and boots him into gut, before sending him into his corner. D-Von distracts the referee as Bubba begins to choke out D’Lo in the corner, releasing him as the referee turns around. D-Von strikes Brown with forearms to the side of the head before whipping him into the ropes, and bending over looking for a back-body drop. However, D’Lo puts the breaks on and smashes D-Von’s head backwards into the mat! D-Von gets back to his feet, a little ruffled but OK , only to get leveled with a Superkick from the freshly tagged in Lance Storm! Lance makes the cover but sees Bubba jumping into the ring, and moves out of the way just as Bubba Dudley drops and elbow – which connects with D-Von’s chest!

This brings D’Lo back into the ring, and the referee quickly turns his attention to him. This allows The Dudley Boyz to begin double-teaming Storm, when suddenly the former Tag Team Champions Taz and Spike Dudley make their way to the ring! Bubba turns and Taz nails him with a Belly-to-Belly Tazplex, as Spike grabs D-Von and hits the Dudley Dogg! Taz and Spike quickly slide back out of the ring, as D’Lo exits the ring and allows the referee to turn back to the action. D-Von slowly rises to his feet and turns around, only to eat Storm’s boot from the second Superkick in quick succession! Lance covers; 1… 2… 3! The Dudley’s are eliminated first, and what a shock that is!

Elimination #1: Dudley Boyz by Lance Storm (Lance pinned D-Von)

Lance is attacked from behind by Billy Gunn as he gets to his feet, whilst the referees on the outside pull D-Von out of the ring. Gunn clubs down on Storm’s back with his forearm, before dragging him into the corner and striking him across the chest numerous times with forehanded chops. He tags in Chuck who does the same, before whipping Storm across the ring. He follows it up with a big Clothesline in the corner, before taking him up and over with a Vertical Suplex. Palumbo covers, but barely gets a two count.

Chuck slaps Matt Hardy on the shoulder to make him the legal man, and he responds by stomping on Storm before pulling him up and signaling for a Twist of Fate. He places Storm’s head under his arm but Brown is quickly in the ring to attack Matt from behind. Jeff enters the fray to save his brother, as Chuck and Billy stand on the outside looking on. As the referee tries to regain order, Lita jumps onto the top turnbuckle and leaps off, hitting a Litacanerana on Storm! Matt follows that up with a cover and hooks the leg, but D’Lo’s final act before stepping back onto the apron is to break up the count.

With order restored, Matt makes the tag to Jeff to make him the legal man, and he takes Storm down to the mat as he gets up with a Dropkick to the head! Jeff scurries on top of Lance for another cover, but Storm gets a shoulder up on two. Jeff pulls Storm to his feet and whips him into the ropes, but out of desperation Lance sticks out an arm and manages to knock Jeff down with a Clothesline! This gives him the time to make the tag to D’Lo, whilst Jeff brings in Chuck – who was the nearest man to him. Chuck attempts a Jungle Kick but D’Lo ducks and makes the tag to Matt Hardy! Chuck looks confused but gets on with it nonetheless, only to get hit with a Twist of Fate from Matt! Billy tries to enter the ring but is cut off by Lita, who pulls him down onto the arena floor and then plants him with a DDT! Meanwhile, Jeff Hardy has jumped onto the top turnbuckle and jumps off, nailing Chuck with a Swanton Bomb! Matt makes the cover; 1… 2… 3! We’re down to two teams!

Elimination #2: Billy & Chuck by Matt Hardy (Matt pinned Chuck)

Lance and D’Lo both enter the ring at the same time, attacking the Hardy’s looking to get an advantage. D’Lo takes Matt and himself over the top rope with a Clothesline, leaving Storm and Jeff to exchange punches in the ring. Lance manages to block a right hand attempt from Hardy and fires off a few of his own, before scooping Jeff up with a Scoop Slam. Lance grabs the leg of Jeff and twists it round into a Half Boston Crab, causing Jeff to yell out in pain! He extends an arm towards the ropes but is in the middle of the ring, so he begins to crawl towards the ropes.

Lita cheers him on and gets the fans behind him, but just as it looks like he’ll get to the ropes Lance pulls him back into the center of the ring! Lita, realizing that Jeff is about to tap out slides into the ring and runs towards Lance, who gets up and turns Lita inside out with a Clothesline! Lita rolls to the outside as Lance turns back to Jeff, but now Matt is in the ring as well! Matt kicks Lance in the stomach and sets him up for the Twist of Fate, but Lance pushes him away! Matt goes towards the ropes and D’Lo pulls the top rope down, sending Matt crashing to the outside!

Back in the ring, Lance is discussing tactics with D’Lo before he turns round, only to get punted in the gut by Jeff! Jeff goes for a Twist of Fate of his own… but Lance counters it, grabs Jeff by the leg, takes him down to the mat and applies another Half Boston Crab! Jeff struggles once more and nearly gets to the ropes again, but Lance pulls him back to the other side of the ring… and JEFF TAPS! Lance Storm and D’Lo Brown are the new Tag Team Champions!

Winners via Pinfall and NEW Tag Team Champions: Lance Storm & D’Lo Brown

D’Lo enters the ring as Lance gets to his feet, and the referee hands them the tag team titles! D’Lo looks shocked whilst Lance has a HUGE grin on his face, as the referee raises their hands in the air. As they leave the ringside area Matt and Lita, who is still feeling the effects of the clothesline slide into the ring and help Jeff up, who is clutching at his leg.

Kurt Angle vs. Triple H

Winner gets Undisputed Title shot at WrestleMania

Kurt Angle makes his entrance first to his theme music “Medals”, which allows the fans to chant “You Suck!” in time with the music. Motorhead’s “Time to Play the Game” then rips through the arena, and “The Game” Triple H makes his entrance – along with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. After Hunter has made his entrance, he stands across the ring from Kurt Angle staring a hole in him.

The bell rings and the two cautiously circle each other, before Kurt moves towards Triple H. Hunter sidesteps him however, and the two begin to circle each other again. This time they lock up, but they separate and move back towards the corners again. The two exchange insults before moving towards each other again, but this time they stand face to face. They trash talk each other once more, but this time Kurt nails HHH across the jaw! Hunter retaliates in kind and the two exchange punches, before Hunter takes the upper hand and begins firing away on Kurt, backing him into the corner. He continues to rain the punches in on Angle before the referee steps in, pushing HHH away from the Olympic Gold Medalist, much to the dismay of the fans and Stephanie.

Kurt checks his nose for blood before running at Triple H, jumping on top of him and pelting him with right hands! The referee tries to pull Kurt away by gets pushed away himself, but Hunter manages to turn it around so he’s in control! Hunter begins to choke out Angle before the referee manages to pull him away, and Kurt manages to get to his feet gasping for breath. The referee warns the two before they both move into the center of the ring again, but this time they tie-up. Kurt goes behind with a waistlock which, at first, HHH struggles to get out of but eventually manages to counter into one of his own. Kurt frees himself from the hold and turns around, before catching the charging Hunter with an armdrag. Haitch picks himself up but gets caught with another two armdrags, before sliding to the outside.

As Kurt watches and smiles, Stephanie begins to yell at Hunter and ask what he’s doing, drawing a dirty look from The Game. Hunter slides back into the ring and signals for Kurt to ‘come on’, and Kurt walks towards HHH. They lock up again, Hunter applies a headlock but Kurt pushes him into the ropes, Hunter bounces back and both go for a shoulderblock but both stay on their feet! They go for the same again but both remain standing, before going for it a third time. This time however Kurt drops the Game down with a Drop Toe Hold and quickly goes for the Ankle Lock, but Hunter scurries to the ropes!

As Triple H gets to his feet Kurt signals that it was ‘that close’ to the Ankle Lock, which angers Hunter and brings him towards Kurt again. This time Hunter ducks a Clothesline and boots Kurt in the gut before looking for the Pedigree, but this time its Kurt who narrowly escapes! Hunter also signals that it was ‘this close’ for Kurt, who charges Hunter and takes them both through the ropes and to the outside! The two both get up but Kurt forces Triple H’s back into the guardrail, before ramming his shoulder into HHH’s ribs! Kurt strikes the Cerebral Assassin across the face with a vicious backhanded slap, before sending his back into the Steel Steps with an Irish Whip!

Kurt lets out a “Whoo!” before heading over to the Spanish Announcers’ table, and ripping the top off, followed by pulling the monitors away from the table! Kurt turns round but gets kneed in the midsection by Hunter, who slides Kurt onto the announcers table before climbing up to join him! The two exchange a few punches before Hunter kicks Angle in the stomach and goes for The Pedigree, but Kurt manages to pull himself free! Kurt quickly slides off the table and into the ring, as far away from the table as possible. Reluctantly, HHH follows Kurt into the ring but gets caught with stomps from Angle, who eventually connects with a belly-to-belly on Hunter! Kurt goes for the cover, but Hunter kicks out on two.

Angle pulls the Game up to his feet and synches him up, before hitting a Vertical Suplex! Kurt hangs on however, and completed two more vertical’s before going for another cover, and this time HHH kicks out just before three. Kurt pulls The Game up to his feet before going behind with a waist lock, and this time hits a German Suplex! Kurt keeps his arms locked around Hunter however, and delivers two more German Suplexes to complete the hat-trick! Kurt covers HHH and hooks the leg, but Hunter kicks out again just before the three!

[At this point, the power in my house went off obviously shutting the computer down, without me having time to save it. About 500 words or so were lost and, to be perfectly honest, I don’t feel like writing them out again. So I’ll skip to the end of the match, and say sorry. Sorry.]

Kurt drapes an arm across the motionless Triple H (following a 2nd Angle Slam); 1… 2… KICK OUT BY TRIPLE H! Somehow The Game kicks out of TWO Angle Slams from Angle, who slowly crawls to his feet. As he straightens himself out he looks at the legs of HHH who has just turned onto his stomach, before pulling the straps on his vest down. Kurt lets out a loud “Whoo!” before grabbing the leg of Hunter, and applying the Ankle Lock! Triple H instantly begins to writhe and scream in agony, as Kurt screams “Tap!” repeatedly at the top of his voice. Slowly but surely, Hunter begins crawl towards the ropes, and eventually places his hand on the bottom rope… but Kurt pulls him back into the middle of the ring!

Hunter looks like he’s about to tap but then stops, and manages to spin himself over and kick Kurt away! Kurt bounces off the ropes and staggers towards Triple H… INSIDE CRADLE; 1… 2… 3! Hunter picks up the win – no, wait – the referee is shaking his head as Hunter raises his hands. The ref consults with the ring announcer, who then announces over the P.A System that BOTH sets of shoulders were on the mat, so this match is a draw.

Triple H DREW Kurt Angle

Stephanie, Hunter and Kurt all argue with the referee as various Instant Replays are show, showing that both Triple H’s and Angle’s shoulders were on the mat. As the three continue to argue with the referee, we are shown a video montage hyping up to tonight’s Main Event.

Chris Jericho [c] vs. The Rock

WWF Undisputed Title

The Rock makes his entrance for the second time tonight, but gets an even bigger cheer this time around. Callis once again says that he doesn’t believe that The Rock has enough left in him to defeat Chris Jericho tonight, after the punishment he took earlier on in the evening. The Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho is out next to a loud chorus of boos from everyone in the arena, as JR ponders where Vince McMahon’s ‘poison’ has got to. Callis tells JR to be careful what he wishes for.

Once the two are in the ring the referee Earl Hebner raises the Undisputed Titles in the air, before the bell rings. The two move into the center of the ring and begin to stare each other down, trash-talking back to one another. Jericho says something that obviously angers The Rock, and gets a slap across the face for it! Jericho smiles and goes to retaliate, but The Rock is one step ahead with a right hand to knock Y2J down!

Jericho scampers to his feet but gets sent into the corner by The Rock, who follows up with his trademark spit-punch combo that nearly sends Jericho over the top turnbuckle! Jericho checks his mouth for blood but finds nothing, although another right hand from The Rock could have changed that! This time Rocky allows Jericho to get up and tells him to “Just Bring It” complete with the hand movement, causing Jericho to rush at The Rock. He goes for a Clothesline by Rocky ducks it and then connects with a flying forearm of his own, before nipping up to meet Jericho with a lariat!

Rocky plays to the crowd before casually covering Y2J, who unsurprisingly kicks out on one. The two get to their feet and this time The Rock simply laughs at Jericho, who calls Rocky a “son’uva bitch” before locking up with The Great One. Jericho goes behind with a waistlock, standing switch from The Rock but Jericho reaches through his legs and grabs The Rock’s ankle pulling him down to the ground, before spinning himself round and looking for the Walls of Jericho! The Rock struggles and manages to avoid the Walls, but instead gets Catapulted into the turnbuckle! Jericho climbs to his feet as Rocky bounces backwards, before getting knocked down with a Clothesline to the back of the head! Jericho stomps away on The Rock as he asks him “who’s laughing now, Assclown!?”

Jericho pulls The Rock to his feet before firing off a couple of forearms and whipping The Rock into the ropes, catching him with a back-body drop. Chris drags Rocky up to his feet again and this time goes for an Irish Whip into the corner, but The People’s Champion counters! Jericho manages to put the breaks on and spins round, manages to duck a Clothesline from The Rock who turns and hits the corner back-first. Jericho hits 5 or 6 brutal knife-edged chops, before sending The Rock into the opposite corner. Jericho goes for a Monkey Flip out of the corner but Rocky lands on his feet, runs at Jericho but gets tossed to the outside!

Y2J follows and smashes Rocky’s head down into the announcers table, before driving him backwards into the turnbuckle! The Rock clutches his lower back, which has already taken a lot of punishment this evening, as Jericho hits a couple more chops to the chest of The Rock. Jericho rolls Rocky into the ring before following and making the cover; 1… 2… kick out. Jericho pulls The Rock to his feet before lifting him up and over with a snap suplex, following up with another cover which again only gets a two count. Jericho seems to be getting frustrated as he pulls Rocky up again, and this time viciously whips him into the corner chest-first. Rocky bounces backwards into a high-angled backdrop from Jericho, who goes for another cover but comes up one count short again.

This time Jericho raises three fingers to the referee and tells him that it definitely was a three, but there’s nothing doing. Jericho drags The Rock up who tries to fight back with a few half-hearted punches to Jericho’s stomach, but Y2J stops that with a knee straight into the face of The Rock. Jericho places Rocky’s head between his legs and goes for a Powerbomb, but Rocky manages to slide off and land on his feet! Jericho throws his foot and The Rock but it gets caught, and Rocky hits a Dragon Screw on Jericho! Rocky throws Jericho into the ropes and turns him inside out with a vicious Clothesline! However, this brief fightback seems to have taken its toll on The Rock, who just about manages to clump an arm on Jericho who kicks out on two.

The two begin to get to their feet but Jericho is clearly the fresher of the two, and it shows as he whips Rocky into the corner and then hits a Bulldog! The Rock rolls over onto his back in the middle of the ring, and Jericho hits the ropes looking for a Lionsault! As he backflips over The Rock gets his knees up, but Jericho counters by grabbing them and looking to apply the Walls of Jericho! Again The Rock struggles but this time has some success, as he rolls Jericho up; 1… 2… Jericho kicks out just in time!

Both men get to their feet with Rocky seemingly having caught his second wind, and Jericho looks to charge at The Rock who ducks, sending Jericho flying into the referee! Hebner immediately goes down as Jericho gets to his feet, not realizing that The Rock is behind him! Jericho turns round… ROCK BOTTOM, ROCK BOTTOM on Jericho! The Rock gets to his feet and begins to taunt for The People’s Elbow, when suddenly a man wearing entirely black steps out of the crowd and into the ring! His face is partially concealed by a black leather cowboy hat, when JR yells “THAT’S RANDY SAVAGE! WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE MACHO MAN DOING HERE!” The Rock stops and gets face to face with Savage who slowly removes his hat and sunglasses, before beginning to laugh. The Rock looks confused when suddenly, from behind; KEVIN NASH nails him across the back with a Steel Chair!

Nash high-fives Savage as SCOTT HALL steps into the ring, and the three encircle The Rock. Nash pulls him to his feet and sets him up for the Jacknife Powerbomb, before annihilating The Rock with it! However, the three aren’t done as Save mounts the top turnbuckle and plants and Elbow straight into the heart of The Rock, as Y2J slowly crawls to his feet. The three turn to face Jericho who looks extremely nervous, before Nash, Hall and Savage exit the ring and head back into the crowd. Jericho watches them all the way until they have disappeared, before sliding the chair to the outside just as the referee comes around. Jericho looks at Rocky as he gets to his feet, before successfully hitting the Lionsault on The Rock; 1… 2… 3! Chris Jericho retains his Undisputed Title!

Winner via Pinfall and STILL Undisputed Champion: Chris Jericho

The referee hands Jericho the Undisputed Title belts before going to check on The Rock, as Jericho raises the belts in the air. As the WWF copyright info appears at the bottom of the screen, JR wonders why Savage has aligned with Nash and Hall, and whether they’re the poison that will kill the WWF!

Edited by The Rock Box

RAWESOME MONTHLY COLUMN

Last night’s No Way Out pay-per view drew a respectable 1.49 buyrate, and had just under 17,000 fans in attendance.  However, the real shock came with the “Macho Man” Randy Savage making his return to the WWF as the (assumed) leader of the new World order, flanked by nWo veterans Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.  At first this seemed like an odd move by the WWF – why not just bring Hogan in as well?  However, it turns out that Hogan underwent major knee surgery a couple of days ago to correct an injury that he had picked up.  It seems that the decision to bring in Save as the ‘third man’ was made almost on the fly.  Other ideas that were being floated around included a brand new group, but that idea was quickly squashed by Vince McMahon who seemed adamant on the nWo.

More on the firing of “The King” Jerry Lawler has also emerged.  In addition to missing numerous (at least 4) public appearances, some of those without even notifying WWF officials, left Lawler on thin ice.  The straw that broke the camels back came the day before his firing, when Lawler missed another signing session without any notification, and apparently didn’t bother to call and apologize, either.  Don Callis has been given a chance on the SmackDown! commentary team alongside Michael Cole as well as PPV’s alongside Jim Ross, on the recommendation of numerous former-ECW stars, and Paul Heyman.

The WWF’s Development camp OVW has been a hot-bed of activity recently, with numerous releases and signing over the last month.  In addition to the hiring’s and firing’s recently chronicled, the WWF has signed 6 wrestlers.  They are; Chris Harris, James Storm, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Danny Doring and Air Paris.  In addition to these 6 signings, Simon Diamond also put pen to paper with the WWF, and has since appeared on WWF television as the ‘Honest John’ character.

Also related to OVW, there is a wealth of talent that many WWF officials feel are ready to make the jump up to the main company.  This includes Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, Jamie Noble and ‘The Prototype’.  However, the WWF is unsure as to whether bringing new characters to TV right now would be a good idea, with the nWo acting as the ‘poison’ sent to destroy the WWF.

Chris Benoit is said to be recovering from his injury much faster than expected, and could return to the WWF around May or June, instead of the original prediction of July 2002.  Meanwhile, both Rhyno and Sean O’Haire a still on track for an early 2003 return, although there is a slight possibility that Rhyno could be back in December of ’02.  Chris Kanyon and Steve Blackman are both still sidelined with long term injuries, and don’t look like returning any time soon.  However, both have ample time left on their contracts and the WWF don’t seem like they want to release them, so both should be back on WWF TV at some point down the line.

Many backstage feel that the Godfather’s current gimmick is growing stale.  There have been calls from some areas of the writing staff to turn him into a lone-‘Right to Censor’ type character, or maybe lead his own RTC ’02 stable.

Bill Goldberg is still a long way away from signing a contract with the WWF.  Bill was backstage at No Way Out last night visiting some old friends from WCW, and had a brief 10-minute chat with Vince McMahon.  However, Goldberg felt that right now wasn’t the time for him to be returning to wrestling, as he wants to concentrate on his movie career.

Finally, Bret Hart is not going to be signing to appear at WrestleMania (or any other WWF PPV for that matter), despite reports to the contrary on some other sites.  Bret seems to wants unlimited access to his tape library, which McMahon is reluctant to let him have.

HeAt Results:

- Chuck Palumbo def. Crash Holly

- Steven Richards def. Billy Kidman

- Al Snow def. Billy Gunn

RAW:

- Jim Ross and The Coach make their way out before the normal RAW introduction, before…

- Chris Jericho makes his way out to open up RAW, presumably to talk about his victory at No Way Out last night. Jericho says that, somehow, I told you so doesn’t quite fit. Everyone said that he would lose HIS title, and that it didn’t matter whether he faced The Big Show or The Rock. However, Y2J says that his victory was soiled by the interference of three washed-up, over-the-hill has-beens. He didn’t need the new World order to attack The Rock, Jericho was doing just fine on his own. The champ warned the nWo that next time he’s about to successfully defend his title and they decide to come out… don’t.

- Molly Holly def. Jazz, and retained the Women’s title.

Molly and Jazz mouth off to each other as the bell rings, before ‘getting things started’ with a slap-fest. Jazz jumps on top of Molly and begins pounding her head into the mat, before Molly reverses and does the same. The ref pulls Molly of Jazz, who spears Molly for a two. Jazz works on Molly’s legs for a bit before applying a figure-four, but Molly manages to roll over and reverse the pressure. Jazz breaks the hold but continues to work on Molly’s leg, only to get distracted by TRISH STRATUS appearing at the top of the ramp. Jazz trash-talks Trish allowing Molly to recover enough to plant Jazz with a dangerous DDT for the three count. After the match Trish takes a microphone and tells both ladies that she’s the premiere diva on RAW, and sooner or later she would get her title back.

- Backstage, Raven is sitting in what looks like boileroom, leaning back against a wall. Raven says that, last night, he attacked Kane for a very good reason. Everyone calls Kane a monster, and perhaps the most dangerous man in the WWF. However, last night Raven proved that the only monster in this squalid company was himself, and that he was the most dangerous in the company. He says that if Vince wanted a poison, then he should’ve come to him. Quote the Raven… nevermore.

- Chavo Guerrero def. Bryan Danielson, and retains the Cruiserweight title.

The two start off by exchanging chops, before Danielson begins booting Chavo in the thigh. However, Chavo manages to grab Danielson’s leg and follows through with a Dragon Screw, and knocks Bryan down with a shoulderblock. The two exchange holds and Danielson takes Chavo over with a Belly-to-Belly, before looking for the Cattle Mutilation. Guerrero Jnr. Manages to scurry to the ropes however, and the two get back to their feet. More holds are exchanged before Chavo scores with a thumb to the eye, and hits three Vertical Suplexes on Danielson for a close two count. Chavo works on the lower back of the challenger and goes for a Superplex from the top, but Danielson shoves him back down into the center of the ring. Danielson goes for the Cattle Mutilation, and locks it in! Chavo gets his foot on the bottom rope, but the ref doesn’t see it! Chavo taps and we’ve got a new Cruiserweight Champion, but HONEST JOHN makes his WWF debut and informs the referee! The referee has no choice but to restart the match which is met by boos from the fans, before Chavo hits a Dropkick then a Frogsplash on Danielson for the win. Chavo exits the ring and shakes hands with John, who waves to the crowd before heading off.

- Another backstage interview, this time with new Hardcore Champion Tommy Dreamer. The screen is slightly grainy as Dreamer paces around the lockeroom, before kicking a bottle of water across the room! Dreamer angrily informs us that last night was just the start of it. For too long he’s wrestled simply to entertain, but now, he wrestles for himself. Now, he’s unstoppable because he’ll do anything… ANYTHING to get the job done. Last night he practically killed Rob Van Dam and took his Hardcore Title, and the revolution has just begun.

- Test made his way to the ring and said that he’s tired of being looked at as a joke. He’s a prime physical specimen, and one of the best superstars the WWF has to offer. To prove it, he issues and open challenge to anyone in the arena to a match right now, leading to…

- Test def. Maven.

Tough Enough champion Maven energetically made his way to the ring and told Test that, seeing as he won Tough Enough, he would be a good test for Test to prove himself against. With that, Maven charged at Test but his brain got scrambled with a Big Boot! With Maven practically knocked out, Test dragged him up and nailed him with the Test Drive, before casually making the cover. 1-2-3, Test picks up an easy and impressive win.

- Backstage Edge has his arm in a sling as he talks to Ric Flair, who it appears is about to make an announcement. Flair says that if Edge’s arm is healed up, he will have a shot at William Regal’s Intercontinental Title! Edge thanks Flair for the opportunity before heading off, but Flair isn’t done yet. He says that after the finish the Angle/Triple H match last night, the two will have a rematch on SmackDown!, only this time there will be a winner. The only way to match can end is through pinfall or submission, ANYWHERE in the arena! Flair finishes off with a “WHOO!”, before proclaiming that this weeks SmackDown! could be one of the biggest ever.

- Lance Storm & D’Lo Brown def. Kai En Tai, and retain the Tag Team Titles.

In their first title defence, the Tag Team Champions took on the Japanese duo of Funaki and TAKA Michinoku. Kai En Tai were basically lambs to the slaughter, and were pretty much kicked about for the entire match by the champions. Storm starts off with TAKA, and begins working on his leg with a wide variety of submissions. Half Boston Crab sees Michinoku make the ropes as Lance tags in D’Lo, who continues where Storm left off. TAKA manages to make the tag after an Enziguri, but Lance is in before Funaki can do any real damage to D’Lo. Before the referee can regain any sense of order Storm nails Funaki with a Superkick and Brown hits the Lo Down, and this one’s over.

- History is about to be made folks, as the FIRST EVER Chillin’ with the Champ comes to you live on RAW! Your host Christian makes his way to the ring and says that before the show gets started, he just wanted to thank everyone for believing that he could defeat Kane at No Way Out. It wasn’t easy, but he did it in the end – all by himself. Christian went onto introduce the first ever guest on his show, THE ROCK! The fans popped huge for the People’s Champion, but Christian looked less than impressed with his guest. You see, Christian promised the fans a very special guest, a man who promised he would win the Undisputed Title at No Way Out. Christian hoped that he would e able to have the champ on his show, but instead he gets a LOSER. He wanted to talk champ-to-champ, but instead gets a man who couldn’t back up his words. The Rock shuts Christian up with a big right hand, spit-punch and then a Spinebuster! The fans know what’s coming next as The Rock throws his sunglasses into the crowd and proceeds to check Christian into the SmackDown Hotel… THE PEOPLE’S ELBOW!

- The Rock picks up a mic and destroys the set before addressing the new World order, calling them a bunch of cowards. He wants all three members of the new World order in the ring RIGHT NOW! Savage, Hall and Nash, all at once. The arena goes black before the nWo music begins to play, but only Randy Savage makes his way out. The Macho Man gets into the ring and snatches the mic from The Rock. Savage tells him that it was nothing personal, just business. Ya’ see, they’re here to kill the WWF, so they went straight for the heart. The Rock is adored by millions, fans from coast to coast and from country to country. They take out The Rock, they make a statement. And Rocky, they’re about to make another one.

The Rock looks confused, when suddenly he is struck down from behind by a blow from Scott Hall! Nash enters the ring as well and the three begin to stomp on The Rock, when suddenly CHRIS JERICHO comes sprinting down the aisle! The nWo notice and back off, leaving The Rock on one side of the ring and themselves on the other. Y2J slides into the ring and checks on Rocky, before stepping up to the new World order! Savage and Y2J exchange words before Save grabs Jericho round the throat! He rips off Jericho’s “Don’t be an ASSCLOWN” t-shirt… REVEALING A NEW WORLD ORDER SHIRT! The nWo music starts up again as the four men begin to smile, before Jericho high-fives Savage. He shakes hands with Nash and Hall before turning and soccer-kicking the Rock straight in the gut, before allowing Kevin Nash to plant him with a devastating Powerbomb! Nash and Hall flip Rocky over as Savage chucks Jericho a can of spray-paint, and the Undisputed Champ brands The Rock with the new World order logo! As the RAW copyright info appears, the four men raise their hands in the ring whilst JR calls Y2J a “disgusting, conniving coward” from the announce table!

The Bottom Line:

The new character that Tommy Dreamer has adopted is really going down with the fans, and the throwback to the ECW-style of his promo really helped get it over with the fans.

It seems like Chavo Guerrero and Bryan Danielson are about to feud, which can only be good for the two men. Their match was, simply put, awesome. The two compliment each others’ style perfectly, and although it would be nice to hear some words from Danielson at some point, his ‘silent-machine’ gimmick he has is going down really well with the fans.

Jericho’s almost double-turn got the loudest reaction of the night, and, in many eyes, has propelled Jericho to a Unique level, as well as possibly being the most hated man in the company.

Jericho joining nWo saved the angle for me. I was into him going face, and even more when he joined. I wasnt keen on Savage, but I see why with Hogan's injury now.

No complaints from me other than it seems you're giving a lot of new direction to guys and trying to push it all at once. Dreamer, Test, Raven etc.. Slow down and it'll be better for them all in the end. Wouldnt reccomend rushing in the OVW guys either, it'll just complicate that situation. Keep it up man, this is the only diary I regularly check up on and theres a reason for it.

Velocity Results:

- Jazz def. Alexis Laree via Submission with an STF

- Billy Kidman def. Steven Richards via Pinfall following the Shooting Star Press

- Test def. 'Planet' Stasiak via Pinfall following a Big Boot

SmackDown!:

- Your hosts are Michael Cole and Don Callis. Callis taunts Michael Cole for not being picked to co-host No Way Out, and that he got the call instead.

- The new World order are lead to the ring by the WWF Undisputed Champion; Chris Jericho. Y2J calls each and every one of the WWF fans a moron, because they never saw it coming. When he came running down the aisle on RAW they cheered him, just 24 hours after booing him at No Way Out. Jericho says that the fickle nature of the fans were just one of the reasons for joining the nWo, because they make him sick. He says that The Rock won’t be here tonight because of the beatdowns he not only received last night, but the beating Jericho gave him on Sunday as well. Savage takes over on the mic and informs us that, tonight, the nWo are taking the night off – and there’s nothing anybody can do about it.

- Justin Credible def. Matt Hardy

Matt is accompanied by Lita, whilst Credible has X-Pac by his side. Matt opens with a headlock on Justin who quickly reverses, before applying one of his own. The two trade holds before Credible takes control with a couple of armdrags and a dropkick, before making the cover for a two. Credible takes it to the outside and drags Hardy with him, before sending him into the steel steps! Credible wraps Matt’s arm around the ring post before sliding him back into the ring, following, and applying an armbar. Lita encourages Matt as he gets to his feet and manages to break the hold, before ducking a clothesline and unloading with a couple of chops. Matt sends Credible into the ropes, back body drop countered with a knee the face, Justin looks for the That’s Incredible but Matt manages to reverse it into a Spinning Tombstone attempt of his own, but Credible reverses the reversal and connects! Cover and goodnight!

- Backstage Edge enters the arena sans sling, and seems ready for his Intercontinental Title match later on tonight!

- Back in the arena, Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley are in the ring. Bubba says that at No Way Out, they were cheated out of the tag team titles. Everyone knows that they’re the premiere tag team in the WWF, the franchise players of the tag division. Bubba demands another shot at the titles from Flair, but not before they get a chance to decimate the men that cost them the Tag Titles at No Way Out. Suddenly, “The Mood… is About… to Change” is whispered over the P.A System, bringing out Tazz and Spike Dudley! The former tag team champions rush the ring and attack the Dudleyz, and massive brawl ensues. Bubba and D-Von get the upper hand and Bubba calls for D-Von to “GET THE TABLES!”, which are promptly set up near the corner. D-Von and Bubba begin setting Spike up for a Powerbomb from the top rope, but Tazz recovers and breaks it up! The Human Suplex Machine manages to hold off both the Dudley Boyz off, before Spike recovers and eventually puts D-Von through the table with a Dudley Dogg! Bubba gets taken out with a belly-to-belly Tazplex, before the two celebrate in the ring.

- Christian def. Bryan Danielson, and retains the European Title

Before the match, Christian says that Chillin’ with the Champ is postponed tonight because he has to defend his title against undeserving and bland Bryan Danielson. The fans disagree, and cheer Danielson on even more. The match starts with a fast paced trade of holds, before Danielson takes Christian’s knee out from underneath him, before quickly heading down to the mat to work on Christian’s leg. Christian shows some fight and manages to get up, when CHAVO GUERRERO appears at the top of the ramp and places a chair in the middle of the stage, before taking a seat to watch the match. The momentary distraction proves costly for Danielson, as Christian nearly gets the victory with a rollup. Danielson manages to kick out though and the two get to their feet, with Christian winning a quick scrap before hitting a Brainbuster Suplex for a two. Christian backs Bryan into the corner and scores with a few shoulder tackles to the mid-section, before lifting Danielson up onto the top rope. The champ joins him and looks for a Superplex, but Danielson pushes him down to the mat! Christian grabs the referee to get his attention, at which point Chavo Guerrero runs down the ramp and pushes Danielson into the ring! The referee looks but seems to assume that he fell, as Christian quickly hits the Unprettier for the win! Christian takes his European Title heads backstage, whilst Chavo mocks Danielson from halfway up the ramp.

- There’s more bad news for Danielson when he gets up, as HONEST JOHN appears on the TitanTron to explain his actions on RAW. He told Danielson not to take it personally, but Chavo’s foot was on the rope – he was just being honest. He’s Honest John, Honest by name… Honest by nature. That’s twice in a week now that Danielson has been screwed out of possibly winning a title.

- Triple H is backstage in his lockeroom doing some stretches, when his wife walks in and is greeted by jeers from the audience. She tells Hunter that in no uncertain terms she WILL be out there tonight to support her husband, whether he likes it or not. Trips says that he’s going to go with doesn’t, but if she’s so adamant to be out there then he guesses he’ll have to live with it. Steph leaves the room looking slightly aggrieved, leaving Hunter looking on with the same expression on his face.

- An angry Danielson catches Ric Flair backstage, and demands a match against Chavo, Christian and Honest John next week on RAW, with 2 partners of his choosing. Flair says OK, and because he likes Danielson, he’s going to give him an opportunity of a life time. If Danielson’s team wins on RAW, then he gets to face Chavo Guerrero at the granddaddy of ‘em all for the Cruiserweight Title! Danielson leaves looking very happy, but Callis reminds us that he’s got to find two partners first.

- Edge def. William Regal to become NEW Intercontinental Champion

Edge is attacked during his entrance by the Brit, who targets the weakened arm of Edge that he helped injure at No Way Out. Regal throws Edge shoulder-first into the steel steps before tossing him into the ring post, and then rolls him into the ring. The bell rings and Regal immediately goes for a cover, and Edge the shoulder up on two. Arm wringer from Regal before wrapping Edge’s arm and shoulder around the top rope, before the referee breaks it up. Edge looks in immense pain but Regal continues to target the arm, using a variety of holds and manoeuvres to further injure Edge’s arm. Edge looks close to tapping out at various points during the match, but somehow manages to hold on and get to the ropes or escape the hold. The turnaround the fans have been waiting for when Regal shoots Edge off into the ropes, but gets driven down with a Spear! Edge’s arm is in immense pain by this point, and as the two get up it clearly shows. Regal reaches into his trunks and pulls out a pair of Brass Knuckles, slips them on and then takes a swing at Edge – who ducks! Regal turns round and gets nailed with the Edgeocutioner, before getting covered for the one-two-three!

- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin makes his way to the ring to a big pop from the crowd, making his first TV appearance since No Way Out. Austin says that at WrestleMania, it’s gonna be him versus Mr. Perfect in a good ole’ fashioned street fight! Steve says that on SmackDown! next week the two are going to sign the contracts making the match 100 percent official, but first he needs to thank his partner from No Way Out, Edge. Before he can do so however, MR. PERFECT hits the ring and tells Austin to can it. He says that, fine, Austin won at No Way Out, but his luck will run out come March 17th. Austin asks if Hennig believes that Austin and Edge winning at No Way Out was luck, to which Perfect said he did. Austin tells Perfect that he’s about to show everyone that there was no luck involved, before dropping the mic and going nose-to-nose with Perfect. The situation grows more and more heated by the second, but just before the two are about to come to blows numerous WWF officials and superstars swarm the ring and pull the two apart! One of the superstars can easily be heard yelling “Leave him until RAW, Steve!”

- Kurt Angle def. Triple H, and is now in the WrestleMania Main Event!

The most anticipated match of the night kicked off with an all out brawl, as Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley watched on from the outside. Angle takes control with a Low Blow, which the referee can’t do anything about because anything goes. Kurt follows it up with a release German Suplex, before taking it to the outside. Kurt goes for an Irish Whip into the guard-rails but it’s reversed, Hunter charges but gets Back Body Dropped into the crowd by Angle! Kurt picks Hunter up and then brings him back over with a vertical suplex, before grabbing a chair from the timekeeper. HHH pulls himself up using the ring apron, and turns round whilst slightly leaning against the ring post. Kurt swings the chair at him but Hunter ducks just in time, before ramming his knee into Angle’s gut. Hunter drags Kurt all the way around the ring and begins dragging him up the ramp, before Angle begins to fight back. The two briefly brawl before Hunter drops Kurt straight down on the steel with a Powerslam! He drags Kurt up and sets him up for the Pedigree, but Angle counters with another back body drop. The two end up back in the ring after exchanging weapons shots on the outside, opening cuts up on both of their foreheads. Back to the action, and Angle opens up with his three German Suplexes in a row before going for the cover, but Hunter gets the shoulder up on two. Angle gets to his feet and signals for the Ankle Lock, but Hunter manages to kick him away. Kurt flies back and the back of his head connects with the referees face, causing the referee to go down. Kurt turns around to see what he hit, allowing The Game to get up. Kurt turns around and gets caught with a Clothesline by Hunter, but manages to get one of his own in as well! With both men down, Stephanie begins searching under the ring and produces a Sledgehammer, before sliding it into the ring. She begins banging on the mat and screaming for Hunter to retrieve it, as the referee is back up as are Angle and Triple H. However, Hunter hasn’t seen the Sledgehammer but Kurt has, and he manages to pick it up! Steph screams “NO!” on the outside, but Angle lines Hunter up… and nails The Game right between the eyes! Kurt throws the ‘Hammer away and slumps on top of Hunter; 1… 2… 3! KURT ANGLE IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!

“Medals” begins to play as Kurt gets to his feet, raising both his hands in the air. Stephanie watches on in horror from the outside as Kurt is announced the winner, confirming that he will be facing Chris Jericho in the WrestleMania Main Event!

The Bottom Line:

Continuing the 'Mania build up, although a heel vs. heel Main Event could be a bad decision for the WWF. If they’re determined to go with Angle then it seems like they may have to turn him face, although he’s getting some major heel heat right now and it would be a mistake to disrupt it.

The plans right now are for Chavo Guerrero and Bryan Danielson to continue feuding into and beyond ‘Mania, probably finishing off at Backlash. Beyond RAW, Christian is expected to stay out of the feud, and was probably placed there to carry on with the actual build up between the two.

Honest John should make his in ring debut at WrestleMania, or maybe just before or after. However, his opponent is still unknown and their identity is anyone’s guess.

Edited by The Rock Box