Lou Reed and Metallica recorded an album together

RPS

Thoughts?

I love the Metallica parts; I hate the Lou Reed parts. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the project as a whole. Hopefully when the CD 'drops', it won't have been such a waste of time and I have a feeling that I'll like it overall. I'd like to hear a song where Lou isn't talking, because it's just awkward in The View.

It's....odd. I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I don't outright like it either....it sounds more like someone just reading poetry over rock music. The styles don't really mesh, it's more like oil and water.

My brother, however, absolutely despises it with a passion. He genuinely thinks it's one of the worst songs he's ever heard.

I love the Lou Reed parts; I hate the Metallica parts. Nah, I wouldn't really say hate, but it doesn't sound much different than anything they've done lately other than having Lou Reed on the track.

It's ok. Lou Reed wasn't so terrible as those previews made him sound, still doesn't like his "singing" that much, on the other hand i really like the last 1½ minutes with Hetfield singing.

I have really no expectations for the album, but i'm definitely interested enough to get it.

Edited by The Sandman

What a mess. It sounds like bad poetry recited over average metal/metal-by-numbers.

Those drums in the beginning were horrid. That's what turned me off to this shit. People actually listen to Metallica?

I don't think the drums in the beginning of one song, is indicative of the entire career of a band that has sold albums amassing a number second only to The Beatles. <_< But yeah, the drums are shithouse in this. After listening to this song at least a half dozen times, I can only wonder if a tremendous amount of miscommunication was had and nobody could be bothered to change things around after the parts were combined. It sounds like Lou is trying to follow the drum beat, sometimes rushing the words and even singing for half a second to fit a line in, in time. The whole thing is just such a pigfuck. I actually wouldn't be surprised if either of them didn't want to insult the other, by telling them that it just doesn't work.

But as bad as it is, I've had "I am the root; I am the progress" circling my head ever since I heard it. I don't have high hopes for the album, but I do think that there's a good chance this is one of the worst parts of it and so they can only go up from here. This is 100% an EWB Music Club future nomination.

james-table-meme-generator-i-am-the-table-98b9ff.jpg?1316997553.jpg

The more i listen to "The View" the less i hate it, Ulrich's drumming does suck though and it repeats the same riffs through the whole thing, but they aren't that bad. Lyrics and Hetfield's vocals are the things that i like about this. I really, really hope that he has bigger part on the songs, that could be the one thing saving a big part of this, atleast for me. I don't want to hear a song with Lou Reed talking 20 minutes straight.

I still want to hear the whole thing before judging it, but even though they made it in a short amount of time, i just wish that they would have spend that time on next own album than making this. Death Magnetic was great and i want to hear a follow-up before 2015.

Edited by The Sandman

Those drums in the beginning were horrid. That's what turned me off to this shit. People actually listen to Metallica?

I don't think the drums in the beginning of one song, is indicative of the entire career of a band that has sold albums amassing a number second only to The Beatles. <_<

I've also listened to Master of Puppets all the way through a couple times, so, no, but my combined experiences lead me to wonder why people listen to Metallica.

I don't think the drums in the beginning of one song, is indicative of the entire career of a band that has sold albums amassing a number second only to The Beatles. <_<

I've also listened to Master of Puppets all the way through a couple times, so, no, but my combined experiences lead me to wonder why people listen to Metallica.

Putting it out there, and it is a wacky, some might say KERAAZYY idea, but because people like their music?

Just....throwing it out there.

• Like 9