The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

The name and description of the first DLC got leaked.

BioWare has let slip a batch of Mass Effect 3 DLC on the Xbox Marketplace, titled From Ashes. This is presumably the same DLC as the rumored "From Dust" installment, which at least one GameStop customer may now need to get a refund for. Dust and ashes are two very different things, after all, but we bet any name switching came to avoid possible confusion with 2011's From Dust (if it wasn't a GameStop typo to begin with).

From Ashes will cost 800 Microsoft Points ($10). Mass Effect 2 included the squad member Zaeed as free DLC in new copies, and From Ashes could very well be a new iteration of this format.

"Unearth lost secrets from the past and recruit the Prothean squad member," a description on Xbox Marketplace read. The page has since been removed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/21/mass-effect-3-dlc-from-ashes-drifts-down-to-xbox-marketplace/

If you want to pay 20€ more than on buying the game on a retail Disk, you will also be able to buy the full game on PSN with no opertunety to ever resell or trade it in ever. ^_^

So, we're about two weeks away, so I thought I'd ask the obvious question - what decisions has your Shep made so far? Major spoilers, obviously.

My male Soldier Shep stuck to the original design. He was a Colonist War Hero (I think, whichever was most positively towards The Alliance). He started off the first game as looking to help The Alliance, whilst finding ways not to offend the other species (unless particularly pressed), but eventually backed off from this in the first game, when I found myself choosing more bitter options after the death of original love interest, Ash.

During the first game he...

... was accompanied by Tali and Kaidan most often (I thought I could romance Tali in the first one, and Kaidan just provided the extra points I needed in other classes).

... spared Wrex on Virmire (talked his way out of it).

... let the council die in the battle with Sovereign (I was frustrated that I'd spent the whole game trying to help them, and figured anything was better than a bunch of people who do nothing but argue).

... spared the Rachni Queen on Noveria.

... voted Udina to the council (a decision I later severely regretted).

... encouraged Garrus to be more paragon.

... helped Tali with her pilgrimage.

During the second mission he...

... was accompanied by Tali and Miranda most.

... managed to save every squad member during the suicide mission.

... (I think) saved the genophage data.

... rewrote the heretic geth collective

... destroyed the collector base.

... romanced Miranda and Tali, and chose Miranda after she opened up.

... managed to get the Normandy crew killed by delaying going to the suicide mission.

My answers..

Male solider, John Shepard. Original facial design. No other Shep looks right to me. He was, I think, a colonist and survivor.. could be wrong. Paragon.

During the first game he...

... my team was usually Garrus and somebody else. Normally Wrex or Ashley.

... spared Wrex on Virmire (talked his way out of it).

... saved the capital and the council.

... spared the Rachni Queen on Noveria.

... voted Anderson to the council.

... encouraged Garrus to be more paragon.

... helped Tali with her pilgrimage.

... saved Ashley, losing Kaiden.

... i don't recall romancing anyone, but in two i did have Ashley's photo on my desk in 2.

During the second mission he...

... was accompanied by Garrus nearly all the time, and made sure everyone else came along a fair bit. Grunt and Legion became useful members. Bonded well with Jacob.

... managed to save every squad member during the suicide mission.

... saved the genophage data.

... rewrote the heretic geth collective

... destroyed the collector base.

... romanced Tali. came close to Miranda (she's bang tidy), but the longterm relationship with Tali won out.

... saved the crew.

Weren't there more options from 2?