The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

• 3 weeks later...

I might hop on tomorrow to check it out. I really enjoyed the multiplayer, but I played A LOT of it and the amount it costs to unlock new stuff isn't very fun. >_>

Don't know how long its been since you last played, but they added Jumbo Equipment and Premium Spectre packs a few weeks ago.

Jumbo Equipment - costs the same as the short-lived Premium Veteran Packs, but instead of five items (two UC and a better chance at a Rare or better) you just get ten different equipment upgrades (either one-shot things like Medi-Gel and Rocket Launchers, or match-lasting upgrades like armor and ammo bonuses). Premium Spectre packs cost 55% more than Spectre packs, but have two guaranteed Rares, with the possibility that you'll get an Ultra-Rare (like an N7 weapon).

I've been thinking of jumping back on, but it's been a while, so it'll probably just be Bronze for me, over and over.

Rebellion is out, but strangely the reward packs for this weekend's Operation are not.

They added a new objective to the missions: package retrieval and delivery. Which means you have about 5 minutes for a team member to go pick up an item from a particular spot and deliver it to another one, then do it all over again. (That is, two different packages. Go grab one, deliver it, pick up another and deliver it) The package retriever has their movement slowed down a bit and the team has to protect their ass while they deliver it, as I don't think they can fight while carrying it.

They also have two new maps, and have added a new equipment slot. Its for a piece of gear that isn't used up and provides a bonus while slotted. So you can get different ones and use whichever one you need. I did a few missions earlier and bought a Veteran pack which contained an item for that slot that makes shield regen 5% faster.

Haven't done either of the new maps or teamed with a new character yet. I ran a mission on Giant using my Asari Justicar (just unlocked last night) and 2 on Hydra on my Krogan Vanguard before logging off.

Really enjoyed playing as the Vorcha. Health Regen and Bloodlust has effectively made my Soldier immortal on bronze difficulties. Been great for a Gold runs too. And they melee brutal as hell. Also liked the Ex-Cerberus classes, been playing adept mostly with the new Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle. It's basically an auto Mattock but I love it nonetheless.

How'd you get so much new shit already?!

I want to pick up the flamethrower at some point. That and I want the Cerberus guys, though I imagine the whole whip thing isn't as cool as I think it will be.

Out of two premium spectre's I've got a piece of gear for the new slot (which I have to enable every game, annoying) and a Reegar shotgun which I got just before turning the game off so I dunno what it's like.

How'd you get so much new shit already?!

I want to pick up the flamethrower at some point. That and I want the Cerberus guys, though I imagine the whole whip thing isn't as cool as I think it will be.

Out of two premium spectre's I've got a piece of gear for the new slot (which I have to enable every game, annoying) and a Reegar shotgun which I got just before turning the game off so I dunno what it's like.

Gold runs my friend. In Firebase White to be precise. There are a lot of tricks with different classes (mostly Salarian Engineers and Geth Infiltrators) that can farm credits here. Gotta be against the Geth though. Youtube is an excellent source for strategies regarding this. Spent my fortune of credits on the latest DLC...but the prize?

Ex Cerberus whip is boss Ellis. Imagine channeling Scorpion in ME3. A third of my whip kills results in tossing light enemies off the stage. I also use it literally rip shields out of the hands of shield carrying Cerberus enemies. As for the Reegar shotgun? It's good for short distance/physical characters. It's great for my Vorcha soldier when a few enemies pop behind me as I run around melee'ing everything in sight.

Okay. There sounds like there's loads of new shit. What is there? I'm excited.

The Rebellion Pack.

It includes, among other things, Firebase Jade (think Priority: Sur'Kesh, because I don't know if Jade is actually on Sur'Kesh or not); Firebase Goddess (on Thessia); Ex-Cerberus Adepts and Vanguards (with debuting moves Smash and Lash); Vorcha Soldiers and Sentinels; and male Quarian Engineers and Infiltrators. There were a few new weapons, but I've gotten nothing out of the Rebellion Pack yet. I don't even think I've gotten anything that was released off Resurgence, either.

Okay. There sounds like there's loads of new shit. What is there? I'm excited.

The Rebellion Pack.

It includes, among other things, Firebase Jade (think Priority: Sur'Kesh, because I don't know if Jade is actually on Sur'Kesh or not); Firebase Goddess (on Thessia); Ex-Cerberus Adepts and Vanguards (with debuting moves Smash and Lash); Vorcha Soldiers and Sentinels; and male Quarian Engineers and Infiltrators. There were a few new weapons, but I've gotten nothing out of the Rebellion Pack yet. I don't even think I've gotten anything that was released off Resurgence, either.

Jade is on Sur'Kesh.

They've also added a new equipment slot for a permanent buff item. That is, a reusable piece of equipment you can switch out for another one you have between missions if you need to. So far I have one that increases shield regen by 5%, and another than increases SMG damage by 5%.

I've only been buying Recruit and Veteran packs, so now new characters or weapons for me yet.

Oh, and the Reapers seem to be tougher than before now.