The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

What happend to the Shepard Lives "easter egg"? Is that adressed in any ending?

Yes, but difficult to get.

If you do enough to unlock Synthesis choice, which is daaaaamned hard to get, but choose the Destroy option (don't think it happens if you pick Control) instead, it adds a brief (5 seconds or so) scene showing Shepard still alive and breathing to the scene. But that's all.

To unlock Synthesis, you have to have an almost perfect game or 5k on the war resources meter.

So it dos not make more sense at all? You get all the "this is what happens" scenes but are not alive in any of the "this is what happens scenes"?

No, you're not alive in any of the scenes. Why would you be?

If you do enough to unlock Synthesis choice, which is daaaaamned hard to get, but choose the Destroy option (don't think it happens if you pick Control) instead, it adds a brief (5 seconds or so) scene showing Shepard still alive and breathing to the scene. But that's all.

To unlock Synthesis, you have to have an almost perfect game or 5k on the war resources meter.

You've got it wrong.

3000 EMS, IIRC, gets you Synthesis. 5000 EMS and above gets you the "still alive" scene after choosing Destroy.

You've got it wrong.

3000 EMS, IIRC, gets you Synthesis. 5000 EMS and above gets you the "still alive" scene after choosing Destroy.

Well, its been a while since I actually played the game - the storyline, that is. I've been doing a lot of multiplayer - so my bad.

I haven't bothered to download the Extended Cut free DLC because I don't feel like backtracking in the game to be able to watch it. But I got the Krysae sniper rifle and an upgrade for the N7 Valiant from the reward packs.

I know there will likely be more games set in the Mass Effect universe. Just not with Shepard involved. But is anyone else kind of hoping for a Mass Effect MMO, provided it plays something like ME3?

Whilst it would be nice, I think a large part of what I enjoyed about ME was it being my personal version of the story (ignoring the ending). It'll probably be done, and I'll probably enjoy it, but I have serious doubts that it would be as good as single player ME, with multi tacked on would be.

I know there will likely be more games set in the Mass Effect universe. Just not with Shepard involved. But is anyone else kind of hoping for a Mass Effect MMO, provided it plays something like ME3?

If it's a WOW-style MMO then no.

• Like 1

I hope not. If SWTOR proved anything, its that every post WOW MMO won't topple WOW. I'd much rather a new single player game in the same universe. A firefly like story of a band of mercenaries or something would be fun.

http://koobismo.deviantart.com/#/d55uaze

I have no idea if anyone else here follows the series "Marauder Shields" on DeviantArt, but it's basically the biggest fan-made ending aside from the Indoctrination Theory and hit one million views recently. To celebrate, they got a bunch of voice actors to play as the characters from the game celebrating the million views and my God, it's... it's hysterical.

I mean the series itself is fantastic but this may be the funniest damn thing related to Mass Effect I've seen/listened to. The voice actors do a damn good job mimicking the characters, and some of the lines are just incredible.

Hackett's continued saying "Hackett Out" after almost every sentence.

The Hanar hitting on Javik.

The random Vorcha running around causing chaos.

The Volus being the "biotic God" from ME2.

Aria losing her shoes during the party.

Zaeed STILL going on with random stories in the background.

Tali getting pissed over the missing straws.

"WE WILL HOLD OUR LIQUOR!"

Grunt getting drunk off his ass.

Kasumi ranting about Brinn and Jacob.

I completely lost it at Harbinger going "But first, we shall DROP THIS BEAT"

... I could go on and on. Seriously, if you haven't heard this yet, just... it's twenty minutes long and absolutely worth it.

I read part of the comic, it's pretty good for fan made.

Crazy thing in multiplayer just happened. I probably went about 3 specter packs without any new characters ...

then this one I got Male Human Engineer, Asari Vanguard, and Krogan Sentinel.

Have both Batarians now too. Still no Quarian, Turian, Geth, or Vorcha. I want the Vorcha :crying:

You know what I don't get? People bitching about the endings in the first place. Its not like anything bad happened to the real hero of the Mass Effect games. Joker.

Think about it: Joker flies Commander Shepard and his allies all over the universe and even quits the Alliance to join Cerberus to do so once he realizes the Council is fucking useless as far as the Reaper threat is concerned. He single-handedly saves the ship in ME2 putting his life at risk to do so (along with his health, since he can potentially break bones just by moving wrong). He flies into and away from constant danger. If things go right in ME3, he ends up with a girlfriend. AND he's the only character who can't be killed off without EVERYONE dying in ME2 and ME3. He also gets a lot of the best lines in the games.

So the heck with Commander Shepard. The Mass Effect series is really about Joker. He just can't kick ass AND fly the ship at the same time!

You know what I don't get? People bitching about the endings in the first place. Its not like anything bad happened to the real hero of the Mass Effect games. Joker.

Think about it: Joker flies Commander Shepard and his allies all over the universe and even quits the Alliance to join Cerberus to do so once he realizes the Council is fucking useless as far as the Reaper threat is concerned. He single-handedly saves the ship in ME2 putting his life at risk to do so (along with his health, since he can potentially break bones just by moving wrong). He flies into and away from constant danger. If things go right in ME3, he ends up with a girlfriend. AND he's the only character who can't be killed off without EVERYONE dying in ME2 and ME3. He also gets a lot of the best lines in the games.

So the heck with Commander Shepard. The Mass Effect series is really about Joker. He just can't kick ass AND fly the ship at the same time!

Liara also can't throughout the entire series through that route. She can only die during the final push if the EMS is too low.

I read part of the comic, it's pretty good for fan made.

Crazy thing in multiplayer just happened. I probably went about 3 specter packs without any new characters ...

then this one I got Male Human Engineer, Asari Vanguard, and Krogan Sentinel.

Have both Batarians now too. Still no Quarian, Turian, Geth, or Vorcha. I want the Vorcha :crying:

Yeah, you're better off with Premium packs. Two Gold games is usually enough to get one. I'm still waiting on Geth Inf, Asari Justicar, Drell Vangaurd.

At this point I just want the Geth Inf and to get some of the decent weapons. I want a god damn Krysae Sniper Rifle or Reegar Karbine!