The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Finally got a Cerberus Harrier...don't see any reason to use anything else.

Chews through ammo pretty quickly, and that can be a problem at times. Unless you have pretty good thermal clip capacity, that is.

I always pack either a Carnifex with the piercing mod or a shotgun (usually the Eviscerator or Wraith - Geth Plasma is overrated) with the shredder mod as a backup when using the Harrier. If I'm playing a Batarian or Krogan Soldier, the Harrier is usually the backup for the shotty, except during the extraction wave.

*edit* I'm out of action for a while, though. My main computer won't even start. And my backup computer, which is actually the newer PC, won't run Mass Effect 3. Think it needs a better video card.

(From what I've read the problem with my main PC could be the internal power supply, power button....or the motherboard. I can't get it looked at right now, and if its the motherboard, I'm screwed. Will just see if the hard drive and video card can be salvaged if that's the case.)

Edited by GhostMachine

I'd check the cables on the motherboard, but that's probably a power supply thing.

I was on the computer one night and browsing through Firefox. Firefox froze up, so I exited out of it. Tried to get back in, only to get the message about it already being open and maybe needing to restart. So I did what I usually do: opened Task Manager. Task Manager did squat, so I decided to go ahead and log off the computer. Well, the computer was freezing up and wouldn't let me log off, so I shut off the computer by turning off the power strip. When I cut it back on and hit the power button, nothing happened. No sounds and the power button won't even light up. But the green light on the back of the computer does come on. So I did what someone advised me to do and checked after the power was shut off again, and the green light stayed on for about 30 seconds after. I've been told that could mean its a motherboard problem, and if it is I am royally fucked.

(I've now decided Firefox is a steaming turd, because it froze up on me quite often. I've got Safari on this computer instead. (And before anyone recommends it, forger Chrome. I don't care for it at all.)

Also, the other computer has Vista 64-bit, and this one has Windows 7. I hate Windows 7.

Edited by GhostMachine

Well, one of the initial fears was that the real ending might have been held back for DLC as there is no proper ending for the ME "style" (even in the extended cut). - They did bring important stuff to ME2 with DLC, they started out ME3 with giving you an important character (and pretty lame missions) via DLC... so i can see how this and future DLC might bring more to the game than just a self containt pack of missions.

After all the multiplayer focus, and the - at least by me unloved - multiplayer like missions in the of line game i am hopeing for something more storydriven all together. But i like how this trailer brings the yay ME3 soon feeling back. I´ll not get it in the next one or two month though as it´s fairly expensive and not every ME DLC was worth it´s price (and i am not near my PS3 to impulse buy >_>).

I am feeling odd. This is the first ever Mass Effect DLC I am not interested in. :(

Snap. The magic is lost :(

Still, playing through the first one at the moment, I've taken to using maps to find everything on the mako, it makes things much more enjoyable not having to go errrrverywhere to find shit.

Sooo...I just finished the Leviathan DLC. Haven't gone through the final portion of the game to see what has changed (if anything). I didn't think much of Leviathan at first, but the story got it's hooks in me and I learned some intriguing things about ME mythos. As well as more specific answers to certain questions. Wish it coulda been longer, but I'm satisfied.

ME1 Spoilers:

I'm playing a Renegade save, and decided not to use my renegade option to save Wrex on Virmire. I decided that my third run (this is my second) will be one without using ANY Charm or Intimidate, and he'll be in that party (you can save him still if you get the family armour). Still, letting him die was way too hard on me, I know there were THREE ways to save him (charm, intimidate, family armour), but I had to let him go so that I can see how the alternative future plays out

:(

Okay, so apparently I need to get the Bring Down The Sky DLC for the original Mass Effect to understand the new DLC? WHAT THE HELL?

*goes to replay entire series*

... ?

I didn't really catch any of that in my play-through (I've played Bring Down the Sky... sincerely didn't notice anything referencing it). Either I missed something or the bits I've played aren't everything that's in-store... but that'd be confusing since I just finished the prelude to the final mission of the game, and I was under the impression all I had left to see is the endgame 'changes' Leviathan apparently makes.

Ugh. A friend told me there was something akin to the PS3 comic book for Mass Effect 3 to help you make all the decisions, but there isn't. So I'm thinking I should probably just put 3 on the backburner until I can pick up 1 and 2 and go through those again. Although I kind of don't want to.

The only version of the game getting the comic book synopsis is the Wii U version; though, to be fair, after the comic synopsis came out for PS3, I think 360 users got it not long after. So it's likely we'll see the ME2 comic at some point after the Wii U version drops.

Also? Leviathan spoilers/general observation:

Anyone else disappointed that all the hype about how the DLC 'alters' the ending wound up only being roughly two lines of dialogue and some War Assets? I got the perfect ending without the Leviathan army on my side... the hell kind of altering is that? Instead of saying "Our Creators" the Catalyst says Leviathan. HOLY SHIT GUYS HE REFERENCES THEM BY NAME

<_<

Loved the DLC, thought the missions were fun, new to the series and unique to the game. The husk head's interaction with Space Hamster if you bring it back to your cabin are hilarious. I just... I really wish Bioware would stop fucking overhyping their releases so I can actually enjoy them, because seriously? They make this shit out to have huge consequences and it honestly barely did a damn thing. And, as usual, there is NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of the Leviathan war assets in the finale battle scenes.

So again, I ask: where the hell are my Geth in this war? The Quarians? We got more shots of them but pretty much saw none in battle. The Rachni? They aren't even mentioned in the finale. And then Leviathan, for all the talk of damage they'd do to the Reapers, they aren't even there at the most pivotal point in the war against them?

I love Mass Effect. I really do. I think Bioware created an amazing universe. I also think they promised too much, delivered too little, and ultimately left out so many important things from the ending and tried to cover it up under 'artistic integrity' and call it a day. And then, when making what was honestly a fantastic extension to the game in Leviathan, they failed to deliver on their promise of a lasting impression from the DLC in the game, something to be reflected in the finale.

It's one thing when it's Mass Effect 2 and it's the Overlord DLC, because even though ultimately it made no changes to the game's story, it told its own amazingly well and didn't need to alter anything. There was no direct correlation between the Collectors and what was happening, no need for your decisions to alter the course of the game itself. But here? This is the fucking finale. The last stand against the biggest threat in the goddamn galaxy and we just recruited their creators, creatures who apparently can destroy whole Reapers WITH A FUCKING MINDWAVE. Creatures who can fight alongside everyone by utilizing their artifacts to 'turn' Reapers against each other. They're arguably the most powerful non-Reaper lifeforms shown in the Mass Effect universe, and by the time Leviathan's DLC is done... they don't. Fucking. Matter.

TL;DR: For what it was, Leviathan's DLC was great. For what it was promised to be, it's rather disappointing.

• Like 1