The Mass Effect Thread

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Perhaps now I will finally get further than 20 hours into the first game!

There were rumors a few months ago that the announcement was delayed and delayed again because they wanted to improve gameplay in ME1 specifically. This remaster collection has been the worst kept secret for like a year now it seems, but only just now announced.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could slap me in the face then tell me that was Mass Effect and I would still give you $60, Probably give you another $20 if you slapped me again and called it "DLC"

I never said they didn't center the game around multiplayer. You're right there; however, you're wrong in thinking that just because you didn't get the perfect ending because you didn't play it means

I'm Matzat and I hate everything on the Citadel.

13 hours ago, tristy said:

There were rumors a few months ago that the announcement was delayed and delayed again because they wanted to improve gameplay in ME1 specifically. This remaster collection has been the worst kept secret for like a year now it seems, but only just now announced.

All I need is a faster Mako.

We need more romance options. All the romance options.

Also, Elcor Hamlet unabridged.

• 1 month later...

Spoilers for a decade-old game:

Spoiler

Does this mean that Shepard's been cryogenically frozen or something similar? People are suggesting that Liara looks significantly older, which would mean that this game would be set years into the future.

I now wonder if the upcoming remasters might add in a thing or two at the end to set the new game up. It's an interesting thought.

10 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Spoilers for a decade-old game:

Hide contents

Does this mean that Shepard's been cryogenically frozen or something similar? People are suggesting that Liara looks significantly older, which would mean that this game would be set years into the future.

Spoiler

Does she really look older? I honestly can't tell. 

And what about the three figures in the back? If one of them is Mordin, the game can't take place too far in the future since Salarians only live up to 40 human years. 

5 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Does she really look older? I honestly can't tell. 

And what about the three figures in the back? If one of them is Mordin, the game can't take place too far in the future since Salarians only live up to 40 human years. 

Spoiler

It's unlikely, but some variation of the indoctrination theory being correct would be very interesting. It was better than the actual endings.

Destroy is canon? Boooooooo. My Shep would have never done that to Joker.

• 1 month later...

We might be able to replay the Mass Effect trilogy as soon as March! Eurogamer reports that vendors in Singapore and Indonesia had the release date of Mass Effect Legendary Edition listed as March 12th and they believe that this release date is accurate. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-11-looks-like-mass-effect-legendary-edition-launches-in-march#comments

• 3 weeks later...

Release date is May 14th. Blech. It won't be just a graphical update, they did gameplay updates as well. Especially for the first game. Reading the website I get the impression that they basically remade the first game. It features all the DLC except the Pinnacle Station DLC for ME1. That one was also missing from the PS3 port of the original game because the source data was corrupted or something. So it won't be available in the Legendary Edition either. 

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/overview?setLocale=en-us

Edit: Apparently there is also a 150$ Legendary Cache edition with a special steel case, a 1:1 scale replica helmet, a canvas art paint and a N7 acceptance letter. But it doesn't include the actual game. Because of course it doesn't. Gotta love EA. 

Edited by Hellraiser

Those sections were a bit of a pain. I never had as much of a problem with the first Mass Effect's gameplay as some other people did, but it's still nice to see that it's being given a touch-up.

It's also interesting to read that they're altering Mass Effect 3's "Galactic Readiness" system to compensate for the lack of online multiplayer. That's welcome news in my book.

In my head I really liked the Mako and the sense of exploration in 1. Maybe revisiting it now would reveal it's not as I remembered or it doesn't hold up but it was just cool to drive around on the planets, run enemies down, find little outposts with more enemies and loot. Then you get to 2 and all you have is the probe system which just seemed a bit cold and lifeless.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

It's also interesting to read that they're altering Mass Effect 3's "Galactic Readiness" system to compensate for the lack of online multiplayer. That's welcome news in my book.

That is great. I hated that EA forced you to play multiplayer to get the perfect ending back in the day. 

57 minutes ago, YuKing CornEllis said:

In my head I really liked the Mako and the sense of exploration in 1. Maybe revisiting it now would reveal it's not as I remembered or it doesn't hold up but it was just cool to drive around on the planets, run enemies down, find little outposts with more enemies and loot. Then you get to 2 and all you have is the probe system which just seemed a bit cold and lifeless.

I agree, same for me. I like the look of the remasters and I love the series in general (even enjoyed Andromeda) but I don't know if I could bring myself to commit to something as huge as ME again.

So during scenes featuring Miranda in ME2 the camera was often focused on her ass. Even during serious conversations when she talks about her traumatic childhood. In an interview with the project director of the Legendary Edition, he said that they changed the camera angle on those scenes. That is all they changed. The camera angels. And you already have gamers acting like this is somehow the fall of western civilization and that the remastered collection has been ruined because of this. 

Edited by Hellraiser