Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Autumn 2012 is most likely.

Nah, IIRC Rockstar like to release their big games in the spring/early summer, less competition with the other big franchises.

I'd like to see them do something really out there like Colombia or something, but it'll probably be DC or Vegas. Though I do support GTA Blackpool, so long as you can travel as far south as Manchester, I'd take great pleasure in blowing the shit out of Old Trafford over and over again.

Fuck, I'd actually go online to multiplay the shit ouf of that.

I didn't realize this until it was brought up over on Topless Robot, but this announcement comes 3 years to the day that Jack Thompson was disbarred.

Yeah I felt bored all the way through GTA4. God I literally could swing for the person who created Roman. I just couldn't get into any of the gameplay or the characters. Although I did get the game for practically nothing of 9 to 5, haha.

But damn... cannot wait for GTA5.

Come on GTA: Muncie Indiana!

Fantastic quote in another Kotaku article on GTA:

Also, aren't we all getting more than a little sick of running around in fictionalized U.S. cities? They could even add other wonderful backdrops like Paris, Scotland and Frankfurt.

This game would have some absolutely spectacular hook to get me to consider buying it, since I got both San Andreas and IV and barely played much of either of them. I think this is largely because everything is a letdown after Vice City and its wonderful 80s-ness.

Also, aren't we all getting more than a little sick of running around in fictionalized U.S. cities? They could even add other wonderful backdrops like Paris, Scotland and Frankfurt.

Scotland is a city wacko.gif

Scotland is a city wacko.gif

He meant Jason Scotland.

• Like 1

As long as we get some bitching heLLicopter tours, I don't care where its set.

I hope they bring back bicycles so we can have BicycLLe Tours!

Anyway, I am in the minority of the board that loved GTA IV. I thought it was excellent and engaging. However, I missed the customization that San Andreas introduced (along with the amazing outskirts that made the map feel epic in proportions.) I also miss the 80s theme from Vice City. Love the 80s and love Vice City for it.

Hard to speculate what city we'll be in for V. The Los Angeles rumors could be true considering, and correct me if I'm wrong, there was a heavy hint dropped in IV that San Andreas was the next stop. I feel like I remember reading that somewhere. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

As for its release date? The way I see it is thusly: if everyone feels like they are going to continue the trend of releasing games in May, I have no hope for GTA in 2012. May 2013? Far more reliable release date, as shitty as that may be.

Ideally? I would love a May 2012 release, but I'm hoping for a reasonable Fall 2012 release around this time.

I never played much of GTA IV - I don't own a console it's available on - but I used to play it a friend's house, and I had ridiculous amounts of fun just stealing one car and seeing how long I could last with it, and just taking advantage of the awesome physics engine. I never got tired of being flung out of windscreens at ludicrous speeds and landing in hideous positions. Always fun.

I actually thought that, aside from the expansive map, San Andreas was kind of over-rated - having to make sure you're eating enough, exercising enough and all that nonsense sapped the fun out of it for me. If it was just stealing a truck and driving through the countryside for hours with a country music station on, before plowing into a bus, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.

I spent endless hours playing GTAIV online. Played maybe a half hour of the story, but getting a group of friends together and flying and driving all over the place was a blast. We'd have helicopter battles and all types of shit.

I want to go home and play it tonight just thinking about it.

San Andreas is actually the only one I've never finished (bar DLC and the PSP conversions), I just got to a point where I wasn't enjoying it as it felt like they'd gone the Saints Row route of thinking of stuff and throwing it in. Vice City remains the peak for me, but IV was fantastic.

My biggest hope is that it avoids the current Rockstar thing of making my PS3 go mental. My fan started kicking off for the first time playing GTA IV a few years back, and I eventually realised the only way to solve it was to move it miles away from anything so it sits in the middle of the floor when in use now. Works fine for everything bar GTA and RDR where it still spins loudly every ten minutes, thankfully both games provide subtitles. Grrrr. Any tips?