General Snooker Thread

ONO

I'm hoping Perry comes back and joins O'Sullivan in the Final, just because I like him.

I can see a lot of people wanting to see "the two who made maximum breaks" reach the final though. Whoever does, I find it difficult to see past an O'Sullivan win.

• 11 months later...

Who else will be watching?

I like the World Championship because of the ridiculously long first round matches. I find it easier to bet on players in these.

Ronnie is, unsurprisingly, the huge favourite for the tournament at 9/4. Nearest to him is Selby at 7/1. Hendry is 50/1 if you fancy an outside go.

Why am I talking like a bookmaker? Probably because Betfred sponser this now. :shifty:

It should (emphasis on should...) be on from 10am tomorrow on BBCi.

Also, Fun Fact: Ken Doherty is playing Dennis Taylor later on at the venue. They haven't played each other before, and being as though Doherty failed to make it this year, they're having a match later on. Not on TV though, sadly.

I despise Ronnie O'Sullivan and pray he goes out in the first round. Then Maguire can become world number one next year by winning the tournament.

Hendry has been really, really shit this year and it's so depressing. Until the China Open I think he'd won something like 2 ranking matches this year (though that's probably a bit of an exaggeration :shifty:)

O'Sullivan is currently 3-2 down against Bingham. He was 2-0 up, too. In the second frame he made a 140 complete clearance, and is likely to be up there with the highest breaks of the entire tournament.

I have Ronnie in my accumulator, so he'd better deliver. :@

O'Sullivan is currently 3-2 down against Bingham. He was 2-0 up, too. In the second frame he made a 140 complete clearance, and is likely to be up there with the highest breaks of the entire tournament.

I have Ronnie in my accumulator, so he'd better deliver. :@

Backed and prices?

I've got a couple of accumulators on for the first round matches;

O'Sullivan 2/13

Ding 4/9

Selby 4/11

Perry 8/11

Murphy 1/3

£3.50 on that will get me £18.32 in return. Not huge, but then most if not all of my picks are the favourites for their match. The Ding one worries me most. He's playing Liang Wenbo.

Also, I've gone with another one, that isn't as likely;

Hawkins 5/4

Hendry 5/4

Swail 6/4

£1.50 on that gets me £18.98 back. Here's hoping. >_>

Oh, and I have £1 singles on Murphy (14/1) and Selby (7/1) for the tournament too.

Anyone see the Higgins-Selby match last night? They managed to get the 25th and final frame going after two re-racks. Tense stuff. I pissed myself laughing when, after Higgins broke off for the 3rd time and snookered Selby behind the yellow, Selby asked him if he wanted another re-rack. :D

I would've liked to see Selby go through, but I don't mind seeing Higgins in the semi's. He's 6-2 up on Mark Allen going into tomorrow. Murphy (who I've backed down the bookies since the start - £1 at 14/1 >_>) vs. Robertson is on from 7 tonight. That should be good. Robertson's one of those annoying players who ends up beating all of your picks before failing against someone you don't expect him to.