Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Who wants a free copy of Skullgirls? I ended up buying four copies. I thought '4-pack' meant some DLC addons. Oh well.

First three to message me on Steam (OctoberRaven) gets a copy each.

On 10/29/2017 at 20:35, OctoberRavenO said:

Who wants a free copy of Skullgirls? I ended up buying four copies. I thought '4-pack' meant some DLC addons. Oh well.

First three to message me on Steam (OctoberRaven) gets a copy each.

One copy left! In 24 hours I'll just pass it to someone on my friends list who doesn't already have it.

It is now, again, the season of gifting To The Moon to anyone who doesn't have it. Find me on Steam if you don't have it yet. Take @The Evil Kokichi Omalord's recommendation as well as mine. It asks only 3-4 hours of your life and pays out in the form of among the most beautiful stories in all of interactive media.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Plubby said:

It is now, again, the season of gifting To The Moon to anyone who doesn't have it. Find me on Steam if you don't have it yet. Take @The Evil Kokichi Omalord's recommendation as well as mine. It asks only 3-4 hours of your life and pays out in the form of among the most beautiful stories in all of interactive media.

I'm Pop Prom World Champion The Evil Overlord and I approve of this message.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Everyone get Wasteland 2!

I got the bundle partly to get this game (finally), but the moment you get to character creation i'm completely and utterly overwhelmed and have no idea how to proceed.

I've played games like Fallout 1/2, and other tacticaly games like jagged alliance 2 a great deal. But the way the CLASSIC system works, and the sheer amount of skills you can get just makes me lose my shit immediately, because I don't want to put in a great load of effort into a team, and realize later that i've made some big creation mistakes. Especially since i've read that this game is very stingy with perks and skill points, so you can't really super-spec every character in that you can easily ignore mistakes you've made.

On 11/2/2017 at 09:50, Jasonmufc said:

I got the bundle partly to get this game (finally), but the moment you get to character creation i'm completely and utterly overwhelmed and have no idea how to proceed.

I've played games like Fallout 1/2, and other tacticaly games like jagged alliance 2 a great deal. But the way the CLASSIC system works, and the sheer amount of skills you can get just makes me lose my shit immediately, because I don't want to put in a great load of effort into a team, and realize later that i've made some big creation mistakes. Especially since i've read that this game is very stingy with perks and skill points, so you can't really super-spec every character in that you can easily ignore mistakes you've made.

Make a team of four:

Main character, tag a gun skill or two, and a speech skill
Doctor, tag pistol and then medic and surgeon
Jill, your Master Of Unlocking, tag a gun skill and then lockpicking/safecracking
Boy Genius, tag a gun skill and then securities/computer hacking

Up your gun skills consistently and when you get high enough speech, start adding in levels to brute force.

Then take the two NPCs the game gifts you early, Angela from base camp and then one of the two from your first mission.

• Like 1

Can you rename characters in Wasteland 2? Because I'd be a ton more interested if I can name the Boy Genius "Child Emperor".

4 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Can you rename characters in Wasteland 2? Because I'd be a ton more interested if I can name the Boy Genius "Child Emperor".

A quick search shows there is an editor people use for portraits and think it could/should work with renaming also. If that fails there is a local file you can edit.

Edited by Rocky

Having started the game. You can make 4 characters, and you can name them any way you want. They also have some weird flavour stuff like what fake brand of cigarettes they smoke, where they hail from (European, African, Asian, etc.), and even contemporary religions. Even though the game is set like 80 years after a global catastrophe, and people haven't been in contact with the world outside of Arizona and LA.

So it has some weirdness.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I beat Divinity 2....

I sided with Lucian to fight Rex, because holy shit, I could not handle a 3 way battle....and in the end, I had to turn it to easy and bumrush Rex before he could do anything. In the end, I ascended to Divinity, but had to fight Ifan

:( A neat concept at the end, fighting allies you didn't 100% win over....and would be great in multiplayer.

All in all, a fantastic game. Probably my #2 or 3 game of the year...Act 3 and 4 kinda dragged on...and holy shit, did the difficulty ramp up in places to an almost unacceptable amount. 

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

I dunno if/how it works on W7, but with W10 I just connected it with a Micro-USB cable, one with higher capacity since not every cable works.

It connects but it comes up as Media Render Device or something. I found the old drivers for Win 7 but it doesn't seem to do anything.