Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Finally got around to playing Stanley Parable. That was quite a ride.

Now gonna do a bit of Skyrim with mods, playing as Daenarys Targaryen, because why not.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Santa Brady said:

Anatomically implausible Daenerys, I presume?

Well it is high fantasy...

• Like 1

Just now, Santa Brady said:

Daenerys tames Thomas the Tank Dragon when? :w00t:

After she tames Macho Dragon first.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2017 at 08:22, WOKEN Cloudy said:

I have Overwatch on PC now. I'm prepared to be terrible at it.

I'll add you when I'm home. You got a mic? 

Just now, RPS said:

I'll add you when I'm home. You got a mic? 

Yep! My battletag is Aleindria#1339. If you're connected via Facebook with Battle.net I should show up on that list as well. 

I googled it quickly, and it seems to be available on Amazon at a pretty high price for an old game (36 dollars), and that was just the basegame.

It used to be on Steam for years, but it got removed around 2008 iirc. Sadly GOG.com also doesn't offer it.

To be perfectly honest, it's about as abandonware as modern games can become. Because without using fanmade patches you can't even run it on systems running Vista or newer OS's, and it's not being sold on any digital retailer other than rare semi b&m stores on Amazon for higher than ordinary prices.

EDIT: There's also a second hand copy going for 12$ on Ebay

I do hope it appears on digital platform some day, because I love to nostalgia trip through that game again.

Edited by Jasonmufc

3 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

To be perfectly honest, it's about as abandonware as modern games can become. Because without using fanmade patches you can't even run it on systems running Vista or newer OS's, and it's not being sold on any digital retailer other than rare semi b&m stores on Amazon for higher than ordinary prices.

Are you sure about that? Unless you just mean it doesn't run as well as it should, I've been able to run it (I own the Premiere Edition) on a system that was at least Windows 7, potentially 8.

Just now, Owen said:

Are you sure about that? Unless you just mean it doesn't run as well as it should, I've been able to run it (I own the Premiere Edition) on a system that was at least Windows 7, potentially 8.

All I remember is that it has issues running on modern systems because it's not made to utilize more than one cores, and as such it can make a computer struggle due to one (of many) cores having less computing power than the single core systems that were still the norm back when the game originally came out.

Also, since it's a 32 bit game it only utilizes up to 3.5(and a bit) gigs of ram, so it can start to chug after a while.

The fan made patches kinda fixes everything to make it run better on modern systems.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

Anyone know where a playa can find The Movies? It doesn’t have to be free. I use to love playing around with that game and I think my oldest would get a kick out of it.

I have a hard copy of it. I've never played it or had a real go at it. How much would it cost to send from straya to wherever your location is?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I’m in Pennsylvania in Murica. I’ll look into it.

At a quick search on the local postage site, it'll cost between $20-30AUD (roughly $15-20USD) and take 5-6 business days. I'm going past there tomorrow after work so I'll drop in and get a proper quote and best package suggestions and I'll let you decide whether or not it's better to send it or you just pick up a copy elsewhere. If it's $20-30, I don't mind copping the postage and you just pay it forward somewhere.

Just now, Rocky said:

At a quick search on the local postage site, it'll cost between $20-30AUD (roughly $15-20USD) and take 5-6 business days. I'm going past there tomorrow after work so I'll drop in and get a proper quote and best package suggestions and I'll let you decide whether or not it's better to send it or you just pick up a copy elsewhere. If it's $20-30, I don't mind copping the postage and you just pay it forward somewhere.

Well I would definitely send you money via PayPal or steam. I think I have you on Steam. If not I can add you. But either way I’d pay you for it. Let me know what you find out.

Just now, Meacon said:

Well I would definitely send you money via PayPal or steam. I think I have you on Steam. If not I can add you. But either way I’d pay you for it. Let me know what you find out.

Will do. Be about 24hrs from now :(Y):

• Like 2

@Meacon All set up ready to go. If you just wanna send me your Name, number, address etc, I'll post it off tomorrow.
It ended up only being about $15USD so look at it as a belated Christmas gift as if I was you Secret Santa or something. :(Y):

• Like 1