Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

11 hours ago, Meacon said:

Does anyone have or play a really good boxing management sim? I’m not talking Fight Night, more management like. I’ve wanted one for a while and I see a few on Steam every so often but I’d like to hear people’s opinions on some if you have one.

I think WMMA5 could work for this, only problem would be making all the boxers yourself from scratch, but then again you may enjoy making them and using your knowledge to create the stats etc. If your wanting more of a fictional database, you could always use the default database and make rulesets so its basically boxing rather than mma?

18 hours ago, Meacon said:

Does anyone have or play a really good boxing management sim? I’m not talking Fight Night, more management like. I’ve wanted one for a while and I see a few on Steam every so often but I’d like to hear people’s opinions on some if you have one.

It's not quite the same thing, but Title Bout Championship Boxing is a decent simulator. The developers were going to add in a management mode, but that was a couple of years ago, and not much has happened since then. I'd really like a boxing management game too, and while Title Bout is a nice fantasy booking game, it doesn't have any of the training or promotion mechanics I'd be interested in.

8 hours ago, mattu29 said:

I think WMMA5 could work for this, only problem would be making all the boxers yourself from scratch, but then again you may enjoy making them and using your knowledge to create the stats etc. If your wanting more of a fictional database, you could always use the default database and make rulesets so its basically boxing rather than mma?

I know older WMMA games made it able to disallow ground combat, do newer ones allow you to also prohibit kicks to make a pure boxing ruleset? Or at least one that kinda gets close to it?

Everyone should play Moonlighter!

It's a dungeon crawler + shop management game! You go into dungeons at night, and work teh shop (selling what you find) in the day. I'm getting close to taking on the first boss I think (I upgraded my sword and my spear, and have some armor). It's a lot of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Super Bomberman R is out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One today, and I found out by complete accident. I've been meaning to pick it up for Switch for a while and nearly did pick it up on Amazon, but was on another site (Green Man Gaming) and saw it on there for PC for about the same price...!

Head's up Steam Players, might have downloaded some spyware with a recent patch of your games.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/gaming/gaming-companies-remove-analytics-app-after-massive-user-outcry/

Portal 2 is fairly critically acclaimed right? I'm tempted to get that, Cities: Skylines, and Tropico 5. I did the normal thing and bought about 10 games during the November sale, and have since only played three of them. One of those was Portal though and I thought it was pretty fun.

EDIT - Add EUIV, FM18, and TES Online to that list of temptations.

Edited by Naitch

12 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Portal 2 is fairly critically acclaimed right? I'm tempted to get that, Cities: Skylines, and Tropico 5. I did the normal thing and bought about 10 games during the November sale, and have since only played three of them. One of those was Portal though and I thought it was pretty fun.

EDIT - Add EUIV and FM18 to that list of temptations.

All good games there. Portal 2 is great, although it had slightly more filler than its predecessor.

Yeah, Portal 2 is wonderful. If you liked Portal you will love Portal 2.

My hype for Cyberpunk 2077 is only tempered by the crushing reality that there's no goddamn way my current laptop will be able to play it.

2 hours ago, MoRocko said:

Anyone have a go at Football, Tactics & Glory?
A turn based football game. I think It might be my first Sale purchase and it's not on sale <.<
I'll try the demo first. Interested to see if anyone else has tried it.

I'm going to do what you are and check out the demo. Thought it looked interesting the last few times I've had a look at it.

My laptop is at the point where it just can't handle anything. Bought Little King's Story having loved playing it on the Wii, but it only takes 10 to 15 minutes play before my laptop overheats. Annoying.

• Like 1

I've not played hollow knight but I ended up picking up the Football game. The demo is basically what the game is. Haven't gone into much depth with it.
I can see me putting a lot of hours into it. Thinking of picking up FM18 just to completely recreate all the correct clubs/players etc for it. Though you can't do anything about the player stats etc.

50 minutes ago, MoRocko said:

I've not played hollow knight but I ended up picking up the Football game. The demo is basically what the game is. Haven't gone into much depth with it.
I can see me putting a lot of hours into it. Thinking of picking up FM18 just to completely recreate all the correct clubs/players etc for it. Though you can't do anything about the player stats etc.

I can see it being a time sink for sure.