Open Water

grind your soul

Anybody see this?

I checked it out earlier today - thought it was an overly long, slightly boring movie. Acting wasn't bad - but a LOT of wading around with no talking. Ending was awesome, and the only satisfying ending that would've been believable to me.

What I didn't understand - wouldn't the diving company guys CHECK their boat to make sure nobody made off with their equipment? If I were running something like that, as soon as the tour ended, I'd do a visual check to make sure all my shit was there, and that all the stuff that people brought on the boat was gone and in their posession.

Morons.

Anyway, I give it a very generous 3/5, but probably more like 2.5 on an average day. I guess there's only so much believable shit you can do to two people in the water by themselves for the whole movie before it becomes overkill.

i dont think im gonna watch it, it looks way too boring for me, i need people being blown up and shit :lol:. I hope that they die in the end, cause thats the only way it would seem realistic at all.

I don't know if I'm gonna fork over the cash for it.....I still need to see The Manchurian Candidate before that heads out of town. Add that to the new movies coming out every week and the bad word of mouth it's getting from the non-critics on the internet, and it might be a DVD watch.

I don't know if I'm gonna fork over the cash for it.....I still need to see The Manchurian Candidate before that heads out of town.  Add that to the new movies coming out every week and the bad word of mouth it's getting from the non-critics on the internet, and it might be a DVD watch.

The thing is, is that this is based off of true events. Now when it ended, I was stumped because how would anybody know what happened if they both died. Then I remembered that they said it was based on true events and not based on a true story so the ending was just there to add something to the movie. Plus, I think I remember reading something about the woman surviving and that she had given an interview about the movie or something like that.

As for the movie itself, it was disappointing and way overhyped.

Was Deep Blue Sea terrifying? :P

I haven't seen much of it, but from the very little I have, it doesn't look particularly special. It seems like the kinda film you watch on TV when bored, not something you'd go out to waste money on.

Hmm, odd. According to imdb.com, OW made nearly $12 million this weekend. This looks like Lion's Gate's Cabin Fever of 2004 and it fits the trend, a film that got decent to good reviews by critics (and by that, I'll classify Peter Jackson as a critic) and is getting killed by the 'net community (yet still is making millions for LG).

In my opinion, the reason why it is making money right now is because of all the hype for it. It was hyped as the scariest shark movie since Jaws but it obviously wasn't scary so once word gets around that it's a subpar movie I'm almost positive that the money coming in will slow to a crawl.

The thing is, is that this is based off of true events. Now when it ended, I was stumped because how would anybody know what happened if they both died. Then I remembered that they said it was based on true events and not based on a true story so the ending was just there to add something to the movie. Plus, I think I remember reading something about the woman surviving and that she had given an interview about the movie or something like that.

Hmm, odd. According to imdb.com, OW made nearly $12 million this weekend. This looks like Lion's Gate's Cabin Fever of 2004 and it fits the trend, a film that got decent to good reviews by critics (and by that, I'll classify Peter Jackson as a critic) and is getting killed by the 'net community (yet still is making millions for LG).

I liked Cabin Fever on the big screen. I bought the DVD, watched it at home, and I couldn't sit through it. So I don't know what that says about whether or not I liked it,

I liked Cabin Fever but the 'net killed it and I believe Numbahs hated it, too.

Actually, the internet has been quite mixed. I know some posters on other boards who love it. I did, in fact dislike it.....to the tune of 3/10. It's absurdly silly and isn't as creepy as it thinks itself to be. Although I have to admit that it was one of the funniest movies of 2003(intentional or not).

I will be there on opening day for the sequel though.

I've had plenty of lengthy discussions with friends on whether it was intentional or not. My stance on it is that it mostly is. How can you put Dennis the Pancake Ninja eating pancakes with a guy in a bunny suit when trying to be serious?

Honestly, I laughed just about every minute of the runtime....and I know some of that stuff was supposed to be serious. I almost died when that girl was repeatedly beaten with the shovel.

I've had plenty of lengthy discussions with friends on whether it was intentional or not.  My stance on it is that it mostly is.  How can you put Dennis the Pancake Ninja eating pancakes with a guy in a bunny suit when trying to be serious?

Honestly, I laughed just about every minute of the runtime....and I know some of that stuff was supposed to be serious.  I almost died when that girl was repeatedly beaten with the shovel.