General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm in a similar position to Rocky, I buy games but I have a backlog the size of a small Rhode Island city.

6 hours ago, Rocky 2K19 said:

I’m the opposite. I buy games I won’t play. It’s terrible.

That's kind of my issue to. I never really beat games that often. Out of the 25-30 games I have on my shelf, I think I"ve beaten 4. I'll have every intention of beating them but then another shiny new toy comes along and I tend to drop the one I'm playing for it. Then it repeats. I'm not a guy who really likes digital games either. I'd just much rather have the physical copy.

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Maybe not a weirdo, but maybe a hoarder. 😛 

I absolutely trade in something if I know I'm never playing it again. I have no reason whatsoever of keeping it around.

Possibly :P But it's about the only thing I could classify as "hoarder" behavior. Everything else can go but my video games have to stay.

21 hours ago, Dazed and ConFORKed said:

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I don't understand people who sell/trade their games after they've beaten them. I love to have them on the shelf...even if I never play them again.

If I beat a game that is very linear with not a lot of replay value or reason to come back later, I can normally get the full value or 60% or more back. I'll then use that to buy a game that I WOULD want to come back to or take a lot longer to beat, or just get credit to go towards DLC for something that I bought along those lines earlier.

I tend to keep games that I LOVE (Final Fantasy, Persona, Red Dead, etc...)... but usually trade in towards other games once I'm done. Reduces clutter. Like, I'm probably gonna trade Spiderman here in the next little bit. 

With Rocksteady currently working on the Superman game, which I hope will play in the same vein as the Arkham series, what other heroes would you like to see them do a game for? I know that the movie industry is being saturated with super hero stuff but I'm never sick of it because I love this shit.

For me, I'd really love to see them do something with Green Arrow. We could get some fun stuff story wise and it would be fun running around with a bow. When I started playing WoW, it was because I wanted to play as a Hunter who used bows. I'd love it incorporated into a super hero game.

There is a new Power Rangers game coming out but it's a fighting game, and I'm really not into those. I've never gotten into the Injustice games because of this too.

17 minutes ago, Dazed and ConFORKed said:

With Rocksteady currently working on the Superman game, which I hope will play in the same vein as the Arkham series, what other heroes would you like to see them do a game for? I know that the movie industry is being saturated with super hero stuff but I'm never sick of it because I love this shit.

For me, I'd really love to see them do something with Green Arrow. We could get some fun stuff story wise and it would be fun running around with a bow. When I started playing WoW, it was because I wanted to play as a Hunter who used bows. I'd love it incorporated into a super hero game.

There is a new Power Rangers game coming out but it's a fighting game, and I'm really not into those. I've never gotten into the Injustice games because of this too.

As in Open World action games with Metroidvania elements?

Off the top of my head...

The Punisher

The Phantom

Deathstroke The Terminator (sure not a hero, but)

Ghost Rider

Zatanna

The Spirit

The tie in games weren't utter awful (they were pretty bad though), but a game based on Iron Man could be a fun romp. Although it would really lack that 'down to earth' feel because you're zipping around with an arsenal in your powered suit, so it might be tough to build an engrossing world around it.

Another one that might be fun would be Hawkeye, the badass normal hero without a super suit or superpowers. Just a former carny who has elite accuracy and has a bow that can shoot all sorts of trick arrows. It would fall into the same idea as Green Arrow sans the bankroll, but maybe based around either his exploits outside of Avenger-ing, or base it around SHIELD.

Heck, maybe a game based around (Agents of) SHIELD would be pretty neat too, it would have plenty of options for spy stuff, action stuff, bigger 'world threatening' dangers but also the more smaller ground level stuff. And there's quite a few characters you could slot into leading roles.

Personally I'd like a game where you can create your own superhero without being an MMO.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dazed and ConFORKed said:

Rocksteady is apparently not working on a Batman game. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

Rocksteady is apparently not working on a Batman game. 

No, they're doing Superman. Or at least that's the last thing I read on the subject although they've kept it pretty close to the chest.

Edit: Nevermind...I just read the article and I assume you meant Superman anyway. Well now I'm just sad about the whole thing. :( 

Is Resident Evil 7 in continuity with the other games? The remake of 2 has me looking into the games I never played. Everything I saw of 7 looked like you were fighting deranged hillbillies not zombies. How is it RE without zombies?

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Is Resident Evil 7 in continuity with the other games? The remake of 2 has me looking into the games I never played. Everything I saw of 7 looked like you were fighting deranged hillbillies not zombies. How is it RE without zombies?

Watch a full LP or play the game and youll see why people love it.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

Resident Evil 4 and 5 didn't have zombies either.

Kingdom Hearts 3 reviews are coming in. Predictably, there's a lot of talk about how labyrinthine the plot is, but something that sticks out to me is that the combat is apparently a lot of fun. I only played the first game and felt that fighting was clunky and often irritating, so it's good to see that they made things better.