General Gaming Thread

TKz

On 20/02/2019 at 21:30, Ollie said:

Turns out I've had a The Division shaped hole in my life for a while. Wish I'd picked it up sooner. I've always shyed away from the whole games as a service thing, never thought it'd be for me.

Turns out I was wrong. The loot grind is all I've ever wanted.

Borderlands forever! If they would make a Borderlands MMO I would be so happy looting and grinding forever.

On 26/02/2019 at 07:37, Ruki said:

So, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice has some pretty top notch sound design. Holy shit. 

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay because I'm not a puzzle guy, and the fights are simplistic, but as far as visuals, sound, and overall design, that game is a legit piece of art.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Benji said:

Borderlands forever! If they would make a Borderlands MMO I would be so happy looting and grinding forever.

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay because I'm not a puzzle guy, and the fights are simplistic, but as far as visuals, sound, and overall design, that game is a legit piece of art.

Yeah, the gameplay is kinda meh, but it's a short game (7-8 hours? And I'm already 2 in)... so I can go through it just for the design of the game. 

10 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Sephiroth absolutely destroyed me and I have no motivation of going back to that fight. FF7 will remain incomplete.

Had something similar happen - I don't remember if it was Sephiroth, definitely the last disc, or not but I took a 5 year hiatus before I went back and finished the end of the game

I used to be a walk through guy so the fights were never a big thing to me. My biggest thing when it came to those games is that because I had the walkthroughs, I always wanted to get every single thing in the game and even with a guide, some of that shit was near on impossible to get. I don't tend to use guides anymore though I think I still would on the FF games.

I've been using a guide because I cannot understand how people finished this game without it (how the hell are you supposed to find the underwater key?!?!? There are no hints!).

The two Jenova fights were fairly easy but Sephiroth destroyed me. I think I hit him twice.

On 03/03/2019 at 17:31, Ruki said:

Yeah, the gameplay is kinda meh, but it's a short game (7-8 hours? And I'm already 2 in)... so I can go through it just for the design of the game. 

Just finished it. The story and sound were pretty top notch. The gameplay meh. The perma-death mechanic....

Was a lie?! Could have fooled me. I was scared near the end of the game since it was so high up I actually set it to easy just so I could finish.[/spoiler[

Just started on FFVIII and completely forgot how different it was to FFVII. I'm completely lost as to how to setup my main character even at the start of the game!

Beat Ifrit in under 10 minutes though. :w00t:

Also been spamming FTL. Pretty much can get to the Final Cruiser every game but it is impossible to kill. Just had my best run ever and got to the third section but I never realised they suicide attack you with their guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ruki said:

I'm enjoying the new assassin's creed, but man there is too much to do. And the level jump in difficulty is annoying

There is always so much to do in these games. Outside of the first one, I have never finished an Assassin's game because it would take me forever to finish them.

2 minutes ago, The Fork Horsemen said:

There is always so much to do in these games. Outside of the first one, I have never finished an Assassin's game because it would take me forever to finish them.

I'm just focusing on leveling up right now (found an island that has a battle arena? Heard that's good), then jumping back into the 'only doing main missions + taking detours to murder some cultists' train.

On 04/03/2019 at 12:52, The Fork Horsemen said:

I used to be a walk through guy so the fights were never a big thing to me. My biggest thing when it came to those games is that because I had the walkthroughs, I always wanted to get every single thing in the game and even with a guide, some of that shit was near on impossible to get. I don't tend to use guides anymore though I think I still would on the FF games.

Better to be stuck with the guides than having to hear from your friend whose uncle totally works for Square that you can totally keep Aeris around if you sell all your Materia then play Aeris' theme backwards in the key of C-minor with the tempo of the victory chime on the piano.

Just now, The Fork Horsemen said:

Who the hell wants to keep Aeris around anyway. Her death is one of the most badass moments in PlayStation One history. Why take that away from Sephiroth?

Probably for the same reason I got the Liara-heavy DLC for ME2. :shifty:

I am struggling to find a game that holds my interest for more than a day or two. I really want a game that I can sink hours into. Any RPG, shooter or sports game recommendations? I’m looking at PC mainly. 

5 hours ago, Paton said:

I am struggling to find a game that holds my interest for more than a day or two. I really want a game that I can sink hours into. Any RPG, shooter or sports game recommendations? I’m looking at PC mainly. 

You can get a bunch of the Final Fantasy games on Steam now, those were always good time spenders for me. Otherwise have you played Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Skyrim? Those are 2 other games that you can just get totally lost in