Crusader Kings NOT GAMES OF THRONE

13 minutes ago, apsham said:

GamePass too I believe.

It is indeed. In the space of a month, we've had day one releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Spiritfarer, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and now Crusader Kings 3 on Game Pass. I've gone from someone who almost never gets games at release to someone who can't keep up with the flurry of shiny new things.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CK2 is always best when taken out of context

Oh it was much better. Things are generally better all around for the Starks. Stannis fucking loves me for backing him as King, so King's Landing basically support me forever. I married Robb off t

Since taking this I've taken on a seventh lover. My rival is one of the cuckolded husbands, and of course, my wife hates my guts. I have a -200 opinion modifier with her bec

Posted Images

Just now, Bobfoc said:

It is indeed. In the space of a month, we've had day one releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Spiritfarer, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and now Crusader Kings 3 on Game Pass. I've gone from someone who almost never gets games at release to someone who can't keep up with the flurry of shiny new things.

Yup. I'm still trying to get through Yakuza Kiwami 2!

• Like 1

0E2OVHdh.jpg

(TL;DR: Dance of the Dragons, ran the observe command for the duration of the war with the intent to play as the winner. Aegon II got punked out a few months in, Rhaenyra was murdered by Criston Cole, war ended up following the books in the sense of the Greens tactically winning the war but one of the Blacks ending up on the throne)

Jace Targaryen/Velaryon/Strong/Waters is quietly one of my favorite rulers recently.
Married to his cousin/step-sister Rhaena, he has produced eight children to date:

• Alyssa, Lady of Dragonstone and current heir, 21. Married to Doran Dalt, their children to date:
    -Rhaelinor, 7
    -Elaena, 3
    -Daeron, 2
  • Leyasa, 20, married to Cregan Stark, their children to date:
    -Artos, 5
    -Lyanna, 3
  • Vaena, a silent sister, 17
  • Aerea, 13, betrothed to Joron Umber, Lord of Last Hearth
  • Cyeana, 9
  • Baelor, 8
  • Daemon, 6
  • Maegelle, 4
1 hour ago, E X P A N D said:

0E2OVHdh.jpg

(TL;DR: Dance of the Dragons, ran the observe command for the duration of the war with the intent to play as the winner. Aegon II got punked out a few months in, Rhaenyra was murdered by Criston Cole, war ended up following the books in the sense of the Greens tactically winning the war but one of the Blacks ending up on the throne)

Jace Targaryen/Velaryon/Strong/Waters is quietly one of my favorite rulers recently.
Married to his cousin/step-sister Rhaena, he has produced eight children to date:

• Alyssa, Lady of Dragonstone and current heir, 21. Married to Doran Dalt, their children to date:
    -Rhaelinor, 7
    -Elaena, 3
    -Daeron, 2
  • Leyasa, 20, married to Cregan Stark, their children to date:
    -Artos, 5
    -Lyanna, 3
  • Vaena, a silent sister, 17
  • Aerea, 13, betrothed to Joron Umber, Lord of Last Hearth
  • Cyeana, 9
  • Baelor, 8
  • Daemon, 6
  • Maegelle, 4

That's one Strong king :pervert: .

• Like 1

On the one side, the CK3 console command now has quick buttons if you wanna, I dunno, spam yourself with all the gold and piety.

On the other, have to now mess around with launch options for the time being to actually enable opening it.

• Like 1

Oh yeah that must be a thing now, because they hid it away on Imperator too. Shame. I quite like to ease myself into the new games with cheats just until I work out what's going on.

I tried out the tutorial and am interested to play more. I'm not sure how accessible it is for new players, but I found the interface to be better than in CK2. My biggest problem will be deciding who to play as.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I tried out the tutorial and am interested to play more. I'm not sure how accessible it is for new players, but I found the interface to be better than in CK2. My biggest problem will be deciding who to play as.

Agreed on the tutorial and just the general polish on the game - it makes a world of difference versus how rigid just popping into CK2 for the first time was.

image.png

Nice. 

image.png.

Nice.

image.png

.......nice.

God help me, guys. Here we go :( . 

• Like 1

CK3 unavailable to buy in Australia because depending on who you believe either a) the censorship board hasn't approved the game, or b) Paradox didn't actually bother to submit it to the censorship board for rating. :crying:

Started playing the tutorial and became King of Ireland but then messed up attacking Scotland (who controlled Ulster) and got soundly trounced. Went back to an older save and set myself to an observer and weirdly Lapland invaded Scotland for control of Strathclyde and won that war with the help of the Finnish. The Holy Roman Empire began to eat into the Byzantine Empire and expand eastwards taking over Hungary. 

England was divvied up between the English, Irish, Scots and Norwegians who all owned bits of territory but then it all changed and the Irish took over parts of Wales while the English took the Duchy of Albany from the Scots.

I've been playing in Ireland as well, following on from the tutorial. I've just become King of Wales as well after a long, annoying war. Thankfully, I have plenty of children to marry off and seal alliances, which helped get me over the line. Unfortunately, my heir decided to murder my oldest daughter, so I disinherited him and had him imprisoned.

These probably aren't good strategies for getting high scores, but sod it. I'm playing to have fun and see what happens.

12 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

These probably aren't good strategies for getting high scores, but sod it. I'm playing to have fun and see what happens.

I can't imagine playing the game and caring about the scores either. The tutorial even lays it out that the game is about making your own goals and stuff - which I really like in a game. And being able to choose something other than "I won" or a high score is always fun to see.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Crusader Kings 3 is awesome. Right away, it's easier to get into then CK2 but just as deep. I can't wait to see where they take this game in 5 years.

Edited by Toe
  • Like 2

Can you be a viking in CK3 yet?

I started multiple CK2 games but once my kingdom became a bit too vast I lost interest. Similar thing with Cities: Skylines. I usually like to pop into games like these for a couple hours every week and they really require I devote more focus so I don't forget things.

I doubt CK3 is slimmer, but does it feel a bit more streamlined? I think that's a problem for me, just having to cycle through a ton of menus before each choice I make.

3 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Can you be a viking in CK3 yet?

Yes - also AI vikings are overpowered to fuck and end up holding counties in Spain and Italy within a century of game start.

Hm. Might get this sometime then. See if I can top my last viking game where I won holy wars against the entire Catholic world and capped it off by conquering Rome.