Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I have no idea what expansions you're running, so I'm answering with my setup (every expansion up to Monks & Mystics).

Personal preference in succession laws is Primogeniture. Requires Legalism 3 tech, so invest in that when possible. Assuming Conclave is active and the council's enpowered, only worry about buying enough favors to force primo through when possible.

After that, feel free to create more Kingdoms as needed.

My current game, I started out in Mumu, in Eire. I'm currently somewhere around the year 1210, give or take a few.

So far, I've gone through 5 rulers, all men. The longest lasted 62 years before dying, the next longest 45 years. The shortest was 6 months, and was murdered. (I didn't like his traits, so I let it happen intentionally rather than arresting the plotter.)

I've had rulers with the titles `The Young' (the one who reigned for 62 years, actually), `The Lion', and `The Cruel'. The Cruel had the Craven trait...but 15 Learning. I don't put up with Cravens, unless they have a useful skill over 10.

• Like 1

Update from my previous post:

`The Cruel' died and his son took over, but he died of poor health at age 38 (has no bad status traits; he just dropped dead all of a sudden). His daughter became the Queen, and had 2 sons and 2 daughters (son, daughter, son, daughter,). Her first son died of health issues at age 10, and her second son was murdered by the oldest daughter at age 13, so she was arrested and later tossed in the oubliette. Unfortunately, she was only there for a ltitle over 2 years before the queen died, so she became the new queen. I was having none of that shit, so I loaded a saved game from a few months earlier and had her ass executed (Didn't want the Kinslayer hit, or I'd have done it before). The queen died a little over a year after she did before (Surprised she lasted long; she had the Stressed, Great Pox, and Lunatic traits), in her early to mid-50's. The new queen (the youngest daughter) has 2 sons and a daughter, but here's the creepy part: She's 27, her Chancellor is her lover and is actually the oldest son's father (no one knows), but her husband is actually the father of the other two kids. Why is it creepy? The Chancellor is 70.

Oh, and one country was constantly getting on the first queen's nerves (her and the opposing ruler both had bad opinions of each other), and I couldn't garner enough support to kill their ruler or find a reason to declare war. So i had their heir,  who was just a kid (around 8 or 9), killed. And got away with it. I generally only kill people through assassination for treason or if I can't get them to drop a plot I don't like, but this was a glaring exception. I prefer to just toss people in prison and see how long it takes for them to die. (Longest so far lasted 30+ years!)

(The reason I rebooted isn't because the daughter murdered the son; it's because everyone knows it so she had the Known Murderer trait AND the game would have ended if I let her become queen, because there are no heirs of her line. Her kids are all of her husband's line. I'm currently in the year 1272, and would like to keep the game going at least until 1350.)

Right now, I'm kind of hosed anyway. Because two territories I want are controlled by the King of Sweden, and no matter what I do, my military sucks when on offense. (I don't want to pull the cheap `Declare war, save game and exit, reload as the opposing country, surrender, save and reload as the original country and accept the surrender' cheat.)

*edited to add* I had a gold windfall at one point because a relative (Uncle, if I remember right) who ran one of the other territories died and my ruler was their heir. Did some serious upgrades using that money, but spent most of it reinforcing one city in the territory I inherited from them.

Edited by GhostMachine

2017-12-09.png

And they all lived happily ever after!

Except for Aerys, who was hung drawn and quartered. 

And Rhaegar and Jaime, who are freezing their asses off at The Wall

And Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent and Arthur Dayne, who were all killed by Howland Reed. 

Also, new mod came out earlier this week, updating the portraits to be more accurate to the show. A few new features implemented, but my favorite, one of vanity, mind you, is the fact that your character actually wears the crown they've equipped, so no more Valyrians running around in Aegon I's crown (one of my favorites, but come on, canon). 

Edit: Wait, what in the hell is this: 

2017-12-09 (1).png

What kind of woman makes Ned Stark forget his honor?

:facepalm: Goddamnit. 

• Like 1

That's the joke. 

I was trying to make the eight. A disgraced Littlefinger was my Hand, married to Mya's mom. She was dead, but Mya and her husband accepted an invitation to court. SO....what Bobby doesn't know can't hurt him. Unless it's chlamydia.

He's basically going for broke here.

Other conquests:

Rhayneys Targaryean 

Ashara Dayne 

Mina Tyrell (married to the current Sword of the Morning, tapped her as soon as he claimed Dawn, cause fuck him)

Catelyn Tully-Stark-Umber (Hey, I'd let Ned smash Lyanna if he was still alive)

Arianne Matrell (married to Renly)

Sansa Stark (Still the daughter of Ned and Cat, but not THE Sansa)

It's an interesting alternate history.

Rhaegar is 997th Lord Commander 

Stannis married Obara Sand.

Bobby has a dragon.

Cersei married Hoster Tully. Tywin is dead, Tyrion drank himself to death within five years of that, Cersei is dead, but her son via Hoster has Casterly Rock. May kill him to give it to Kevan.

Pycelle became my friend. Then he raped a girl. Then he was arrested, found guilty, fed to my dragon, and got a full blown state funeral. 

Lyanna gave Bobby daughters, and after taking Rhaynes on as a concubine finally had a son, Aemon Baratheon. 

Jon Snow let the cat out of the bag, but is serving faithfully. I don't think he's willing to test that whole fire not burning a dragon thing.

Viserys and Aegon (Young Griff) are in Yi Ti thinking "damn".

Mace was sent to the wall. 

Shit wet down between Howland Reed and Ned, leading to Howland going to the Wall. 

I'm curious to see how it goes. It's 8303. Bobby is in great health, the dangerous quests over, so hopefully I can get Aemon to 16. Need a good queen for him though, maybe one of Mya Stone's daughters. Cause funny.

Man, that game is so against the canon.

I mean, Jon Snow actually knows something.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Santa Brady said:

That beautiful moment when you fight to install a Fraticelli claimant, only to turn right around and holy war them. (H)

That was basically US foreign policy in the 80s :shifty: 

• Like 2

Finished the game I'd been posting updates on (ie, it ended in 1453). Here are some highlights:

The queen I had last time I posted died from the Bubonic Plague, aka the Black Death.

One of the following male rulers had a daughter for an heir who was an Imbecile, and his kids all kept turning out to be girls. He had 6 daughters, before finally producing a male heir....around 6 months before he died.

Two of the rulers died of poor health suddenly. 

Managed to become King of Eire, but never managed to conquer all the territories. Had 4 that weren't under my control when the game ended, but had two territories in England under my control, as well.

My next to last ruler had someone plotting to kill him, but I never thought anything of it because the score for it was low every tme I checked (I couldn't arrest or kill them). Finally, after the plot going over 20+ years, the plot succeeded, and he was killed visiting a tavern. 

My last ruler was straight up badass, with a 17 in combat. Rebellions? Fuck that. Ya dead! Peasant revolts? Put down fast. I want to invade you? Bow down and recognize!

Now I'm trying to decide who to play as next.