Board Game thread

What are a few decent and straightforward games I can introduce my girlfriend to? We both like playing little games like Backgammon and Yahtzee every now and then so I think adding a few fun new ones in would be cool.

Side note both Trogdor and Maybe It's Poison look awesome, I might actually have to donate to those.

Maybe It's Poison got funded! Looking forward to that arriving later this year.

Definitely going to look for Codenames, I'm at a hobby shop later so I'll see if they've got it.

Random question but does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced copy of Shadow Hunters?

I found regular Codenames at the shop, but they didn't have the Duet version so I'll have to keep looking for that. I've also ordered Bears vs Babies because it looked a good laugh and we both liked Exploding Kittens.

I've also just seen they've got a third game called You've Got Crabs which also looks absurd and you get to where giant crab claws. They have some bizarre ideas.

Also, whilst I'm here, what are the differences between the 'One Night' games? Or are they the same thing with different flavour text?

I'm more familiar with the regular version of Werewolf, which is essentially just Mafia. Played One Night Werewolf a couple of times ages ago but it's been a while. I remember it being quite fun.

On 22/07/2018 at 00:21, Jerazil said:

What are a few decent and straightforward games I can introduce my girlfriend to? We both like playing little games like Backgammon and Yahtzee every now and then so I think adding a few fun new ones in would be cool.

Side note both Trogdor and Maybe It's Poison look awesome, I might actually have to donate to those.

Download a free copy of Decathlon, as an alternative to Yahtzee. It's the same kind of 'push your luck' dice rolling kind of thing, but with twelve different events it keeps it fresh. 

https://www.knizia.de/wp-content/uploads/reiner/freebies/Website-Decathlon.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone in the UK interested in getting in to A Game Of Thrones LCG?

The starter decks come out this Thursday and most are actually good and very playable, there are lots of cool small events to support these around the country so if you're interested, let us know and I can hook you up with some people and events!