Board Game thread

Amazon (boo) have the game DropMix on seeeeeerious sale right now. I read about it, watched a video about it and bought it.

81y5OnZwDmL._SL1334_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-DropMix-Mixing-System-Bundle/dp/B07K4BTDSW/ref=pd_sbs_21_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07K4BTDSW&pd_rd_r=6ea4d84c-031e-11e9-b8cc-31c6e0959f34&pd_rd_w=MEAbM&pd_rd_wg=7cpRG&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=4ETEDN69ZZ2YJWCH2M9Y&psc=1&refRID=4ETEDN69ZZ2YJWCH2M9Y

It is a game where you connect your phone to the plastic board and you place chipped cards onto it to make music mixes from famous songs encompassing pop, rap, indie, rock etc. You can just play alone, or VS mode or working together to make the mixes. It then records to your phone if you want it to.

Sounded good so I grabbed this package as it had the extra packs with it for the same price as the base game alone.

My six year old and I just played freeplay for ages and she got soooo into it.

We played with loads of cards and then we played with just a handful, bringing them in and out like some mega DJ - she loved the strings of Call Me Maybe, drums of No Scrubs, guitars of a Weezer song, Call Me Maybe vocals, Barbara Streisand vocals, a few sound effect loops and also some Tribe Called Quest.

So so fun.

You sold it to me with those so I ordered it straight away. Ordered the base game as well as a rock card pack (am I right in that these are almost like Magic the Gathering boosters and will have different cards in?) the boosters arrived this morning but I don't think the main game will be here in time for christmas gaming looking at the timing, hopefully won't be waiting too long!

Played Catan for the first time on Boxing Day, immediately bought a set and now Me, my Sister, her Boyfriend and my Partner are all horribly addicted. We've rearranged all our schedules so we can play one last game before my partner flies back home.

I've only won once.

• Like 5

Been playing 7 Wonders Duel lately with my girlfriend. I like it but feel it's super fast. I'd like a similar game that wouldn't end in 15 minutes.

We like playing games like the Hive and Penguins and stuff like that but when we have more time we prefer card drafting games and are struggling to find one that really fits what we want.

We have a couple cooperative games we are happy with but we're still looking for a competitive card drafting game that takes long to complete and is interesting. Why is fun so stressful?!

On 02/01/2019 at 01:21, K said:

Played Catan for the first time on Boxing Day, immediately bought a set and now Me, my Sister, her Boyfriend and my Partner are all horribly addicted. We've rearranged all our schedules so we can play one last game before my partner flies back home.

I've only won once.

I lost all the games we scheduled that day.

But today I played against my sister and her partner and I won.

Longest Road, Biggest Army, 1 VP, one city, three settlements. shove it everyone else.