The Punk Thread

RPS

3 hours ago, tristy said:

I've been listening to a heavy rotation of Rancid's discography while I'm doing stuff at work. Some Agent Orange thrown in there too.

Still think Rancid's first self titled album is their best, but Out Come The Wolves is a very close second.  Probably a 1a and 1b kind of ranking

42 minutes ago, tristy said:

I find myself liking Life Won't Wait the most the more I listen to them.

Yea, that was the album I hated my first time listening to it, but really grew on me more I listened to it

On 11/21/2017 at 18:24, VerBlood Drive said:

I don't listen to punk anymore. I hate it.

I sometimes want to quit punk rock and I realize:

You can't quit it.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Christmas said:

Eh, some are deserving. Pennywise though? Dropkick Murphys? No. I got my own list somewhere probably 

Ehh...while I could say DKM doesn't need to be on the list, Bro Hymn is definitely deserving.  I also disagree with the Sex Pistols being #1, but I've never been a huge fan of them and think they are highly overrated 

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Ehh...while I could say DKM doesn't need to be on the list, Bro Hymn is definitely deserving.  I also disagree with the Sex Pistols being #1, but I've never been a huge fan of them and think they are highly overrated 

I can see where people might put that at 1. I have it top ten but if I’m being objective its hard to put anything but the Ramones at 1. 

It’s hard for me to fill out a top ten list. I would have to consider Johnny Thunders, Bad Brains, The Damned, Dead Boys, Richard Hell, and the Germs for a top ten. Probably others as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huh...this sounds like Rancid, but with a girl singing...

checks wikipedia

Ahh...Tim Armstrong produced the album.  That explains it.  Don't hate it, but Tim has a very noticable sound.  To the point that some of the songs he has written for Pink are able to be recognized as his songs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SO I think I'm going to use this thread to discuss post-hardcore/noise rock stuff in this thread since I don't see a need to post a separate thread for the likes of Jesus Lizard or Shellac. Those bands are cool by the way. 

Here's some actual punk though, great song.