The Punk Thread

RPS

On 01/06/2019 at 14:37, Stevie B said:

I really don't keep up with modern music these days, but discovering these guys before seeing them at Slam Dunk made my festival.

Best band I'd never seen before this year. I knew that was gonna be the case going in to Hatfield though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

That would be fun. I want to take my kids to a show, they would work.

It would be so fun!  Your kids could go up on stage and dance or crowdsurf on giant inflatables -- its really just a super fun experience for all ages.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Love the song

I'll make sure to post the link to the EP when it comes out too!  I'm so excited -- this is my friend who I was in bands with for yeeeears, basically only stopped because I moved away; I also helped him record some solo stuff that never ended up coming out, but it was during those sessions that this band formed and I've been soooo pumped for their first release.

• 3 weeks later...

Cancerslug just released a new compilation that covers the back-end of their time with their drummer who recently passed away. If you're into GG Allin, you may dig Cancerslug. He was a huge influence on Cancerslug's Alex Story, who also fronts Doyle with Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein from the Misfits.

Cancerslug is easily one of my favorite bands. I really dig Alex Story's lyrics and voice, and it has hints of different genres of music that I enjoy, such as horror punk, outlaw country, metal and more, but it's really its own kind of thing.

Here's one of the, uh, less vile tracks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/09/2019 at 12:37, DMN said:

No one: 'No song is perfect.'

Me:

Punk rock is the best music to filter other music through.

I like it, though it was Pipeline I heard first from them and is probably my favorite for that reason. 

I also wanted to come in and discuss my love for the Wipers. They're one of those bands I've known and liked for years, but it's only recently that I'm like "oh wow, they're way better than I initially thought".

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is the first time I've ever heard any of Cut The Crap, but I've always heard it was terrible.  And yep...its terrible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had something typed out at home but forgot to hit submit. So off the top of my head I say Gogol Bordello "Gypsy Punks". I feel like I could have other answers but that came to mine immediately. It's unique, they put their cultural spin on punk much like the Pogues did. I also think it's one of those albums that fans can potentially put up there with stuff like London Calling or Zen Arcade as being an significant and important album for its era.