• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wcwrevenge1.JPG

19. WCW/nWo Revenge (N64)

As the sequel to one of the best wrestling games, at the time, on N64. WCW/nWo Revenge added more to the series. More wrestlers, including the man who became Y2J. More features, including championship routes to actual WCW titles. And finally, more fun, with the same system that made World Tour a great game. While THQ soon abandoned the WCW license for the WWF/E license and Asmik/AKI churned two more popular wrestling license with that license, Revenge stays as a point when THQ and Asmik/AKI's wrestling game making abilities really shone.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

wcwrevenge1.JPG

19. WCW/nWo Revenge

As the sequel to one of the best wrestling games, at the time, on N64. WCW/nWo Revenge added more to the series. More wrestlers, including the man who became Y2J. More features, including championship routes to actual WCW titles. And finally, more fun, with the same system that made World Tour a great game. While THQ soon abandoned the WCW license for the WWF/E license and Asmik/AKI churned two more popular wrestling license with that license, Revenge stays as a point when THQ and Asmik/AKI's wrestling game making abilities really shone.

B00008DDSO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

18. Street Fighter (Arcade)

Before we get started, yes, I know this is the cover to a SF anime DVD, but it's the best shot I've got. Moving on now, this game has become a pure arcade classic. Its characters were unique (come on, you know if Cammy were real, you'd hit it :pervert: ) and its fighting system was unlike none American audiences had seen before. Its sequel, Street Fighter 2, became one of the biggest arcade games of all time and has spawned many sequels.

B00008URUF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

17. Donkey Kong Country (SNES/GBA)

With another sense of uniqueness, DKC introduced the once-villainous Donkey Kong to the world of 16 bit gaming. The game's unique style and new characters became an embrace to those who might've secretly liked DK during his early 80s arcade heyday. The 16-bit classic recently got released on GBA as well and has continued DK's legacy of quality.

Super_Mario_Bros_boxfront.jpg

16. Super Mario Bros. (NES/GBA)

As a true classic, Super Mario Bros. truly brought one company from obscurity to the top of the gaming world and a game character into an American icon. Super Mario Bros. was one of the first great platformers in gaming and still is great today. This classic has also gotten two revamps, on the Game Boy Color in 1990 and on the Game Boy Advance in 2004. These re-releases have also gotten new generations addicted to one of Nintendo's finest and will continue those traditions.

18. Street Fighter (Arcade)

Before we get started, yes, I know this is the cover to a SF anime DVD, but it's the best shot I've got. Moving on now, this game has become a pure arcade classic. Its characters were unique (come on, you know if Cammy were real, you'd hit it  :pervert: ) and its fighting system was unlike none American audiences had seen before. Its sequel, Street Fighter 2, became one of the biggest arcade games of all time and has spawned many sequels.

The original Street Fighter was actually a pretty shitty game that didn't exactly play like the SF we know today. You had a choice of being Ryu or Ken and the only familiar characters from the SF series other than them were Birdie, Adon, Gen, and Sagat. The controls were clunky as hell and special moves were almost impossible to pull off. Capcom then went off to make Final Fight which was a huge success and then made the sequel to SF, SFII which set the standard for the 2D fighter. Cammy didn't make an appearance until the third update of the original SFII. Here's a pic from the original SF

sssf11.jpg

Thanks to chikapu.com for helping me fill in the gaps in my memory. I only brought this up because I find it incredibly doubtful that you would include the original SF that most people have never even seen, let alone actually played, over SFII which is considered the greatest 2D fighter of all time.

If you are a pack rat, I do believe there is a home version of the original Street Fighter, re-dubbed "Fighting Street" and was available for the TurboGrafix 16.

Edited by Zero

This is a fairly Decent list actually.

A healthy dose of top RPG's included, which I, personally, Mark for.

But no Smash TV?

The list isn't bad despite what the correction I made about Street Fighter. Too many Squaresoft games though considering they haven't made a truly great game since Chrono Trigger. FFIX came close and for some reason no one ever pays attention to that one. I hate FFX with an all consuming passion and I just know that's going to make it into the top five.

The list isn't bad despite what the correction I made about Street Fighter.  Too many Squaresoft games though considering they haven't made a truly great game since Chrono Trigger.  FFIX came close and for some reason no one ever pays attention to that one.  I hate FFX with an all consuming passion and I just know that's going to make it into the top five.

Guest Mr McFarlane

This is a fairly Decent list actually.

A healthy dose of top RPG's included, which I, personally, Mark for.

But no Smash TV?

The list isn't bad despite what the correction I made about Street Fighter. Too many Squaresoft games though considering they haven't made a truly great game since Chrono Trigger. FFIX came close and for some reason no one ever pays attention to that one. I hate FFX with an all consuming passion and I just know that's going to make it into the top five.