Retro Point-And-Click Adventures

apsham

I used to love these kind of games, but I never had the patience or the ability to work out the puzzles, and I really grew to hate them. Which Monkey Island game was the one with the monkey dude and the canon in the first room? 'Cause it took me an eternity just to get out of there :S

Loom sucked ass, I couldn't make hide nor hare of it.. However, Full Throttle did rock, I think it's the only one that I bought legally, besides Kings Quest V which just seemed to come with the machine.

Any ideas on how horrible the new Leisure Suit Larry game will be? If it's not Larry, it ain't going to be funny.

Anyone play the Reality-On-The-Norm series? No new games have come out recently but most of them are pretty decent games for independants.

http://ron.the-underdogs.org/

Edited by Apple|Shampoo

I've tried making a game for The Reality-On-The-Norm but haven't had the time. I used the Adventure Game Studio - it's bloody class.

Also - try http://www.scummvm.org - it has a download to (supposedly) play the old DOS games on XP...BUT it has BENEATH A STEEL SKY AND FLIGHT OF THE AMAZON QUEEN FOR FREE! I think Lure of The Tempress is there as well. It's been advertised on The Official Revolution Website.

I have BASS already...I had FOTAQ on the Amiga...oh I loved that game.

'Aren't Gorilla's in Africa? This is South America!'

'Oh...'

*Gorilla vanishes.*

Can someone explain something to me about ScummVM? I've been perusing the website confused as hell, but is this thing telling me I can play my Amiga version of Zak McKracken on my shiny computer? Please tell me it is, please please please?

Guest The Psychotic One

*boing*

Rubber tree.

EDIT: I was just reading through this SCUMM FAQ, and it appears that you can indeed use your Amiga disks to play Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, etc. (though I haven't tested it out yet). Does anybody know of any way to play ALL Amiga games using the Amiga disks, on your PC? I've heard of Amiga ROMs and stuff, but can never really figure them out.

Edited by The Psychotic One

Guest raze0811

Maniac Mansion and King's Quest VI are the only ones mentioned that I've actually played. Both ruled.

Since we're on the topic, the furtherst I ever got on King's Quest VI "Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow" was to the minotaur. I don't even think I have the game anymore, but can anybody tell me how the hell to beat the minotaur?

King Quest VI and III were the best when you played as Alexander. I remember playing III on the Amiga...when Mananamann (whatever his name was - Roberta always seemed to be obsessed with those names in KQIII....) the wizard turned up and killed you it was so damn scary...