Euro 2012 Predictions Compo

Colly

Wait.

Your name is Paul Collingwood.

And you're from Durham.

And you support Newcastle...

:mellow:

I'm not quite from Durham, depending on what crazy bastard way they draw the line that particular week. There's a chance we're related, but that could be my grandad talking nonsense.

On the plus side I did once get a free room upgrade in the hotel overlooking Lords, wasn't until I checked out that they had my address listed as Consett...

Getting close to kickoff, so just to double check I've so far had forms from:

AdamDRFC

Berober

cymru96

damshow

davidmarrio

eddiefng

Gazz

jack95

Jam

JohnnyPerfect

Larziej

metalman

Quasi Juice

Ravey

Plubby

9 to 5

Still taking up to kickoff time, if you've already sent me and I've not got you down let me know.

Also, eddiefng you forgot to name a top scorer. Mario Gomez is rather popular?

Winner gets the 'goal!' picture for their sig!

Edited by Colly

Quick 4 match score update, if you think any are wrong give me a shout as I wouldn't be stunned if there was a schoolboy error on my spreadsheet somewhere...

12 Berober

11 9 to 5, Colly, cymru96, damshow, Liam

6 Gazz, jack95, Jam, Quasi Juice, Ravey

4 AdamDRFC, davidmarrio, JohnnyPerfect, metalman, WalkerWGZ

3 eddiefng, Larziej, Plubby

-1 Baddar*

Surprisingly enough no one predicted a Denmark win yesterday.

* actually 9.

• Like 6

Also, in a moment of boredom, I decided to use the sample space to figure out a general prediction for each match, so far the averages have had:

Poland 1-0 Greece (0 Points)

Russia 2-1 Czech Republic (3 Points)

Holland 3-1 Denmark (0 Points)

Germany 2-1 Portugal (3 Points)

And the rest of the first group games look like:

Spain 2-0 Italy

Ireland 1-2 Croatia

France 2-1 England

Ukraine 1-1 Sweden

A few more stats (very much bored here :P):

Germany are the most represented team in the Semi Finals, with only Plubby not predicting them to make it that far. 18 of the 20 people think Holland will make it, and 17 each for France and Spain. This means that the remaining 9 votes come from elsewhere.

In terms of winning it though, Germany amass half of the votes, with 8 more coming from the other Semi-Finalists. Portugal and Italy are the other two picked.

Top Goalscorer is close, with Mario Gomez being picked (so far for one goal, and one point) by 6 people, and Benzema following closely with 5. In terms of the teams the top goalscorer comes from, 7 people think it'll be a German off 2 players. 5 people think a Dutch player, although it could be one of three. And 5 people think French, but that is entirely on Benzema.

Also, I fluffed up the counting a bit above, so the predictions have been changed, but the points so far would remain the same, with 7 points being given so far (6 for two correct scores, and one for Gomez scoring).

The mean points scored is 7.4, so the mean predictions seem to be accurate so far...

Otherwise, Colly leads on 16 points, from me on 12, from everyone else after 5 games.

See those are the kind of fun stats I should be providing, but since you seem to be enjoying it so much...

Glad you've looked at the numbers though, makes my lead look less cheaty! Still ahead on 16 (Ireland to win 3-2 looked on for about five minutes...) with 9 to 5, Liam and the poster formerly known as cymru96 behind on 14. I'm the mentalist who picked Italy on the 'they're good after a match fixing scandal' logic, so pleased with todays performance.

I'm suffering for thinking Italy were rubbish right now <_<

Germany are the most represented team in the Semi Finals, with only Plubby not predicting them to make it that far.

I have them not making the cut on goal difference <_< I think Denmark stood that on its ear though.

Halfway through the group update:

30 9 to 5

27 Berober, Colly, JohnnyPerfect

25 cymru96

24 damshow, Plubby

23 AdamDRFC, davidmarrio

22 Liam

21 Jam

20 jack95

15 Gazz, metalman

14 Ravey, eddiefng

12 WalkerWGZ

11 Quasi Juice

10 Larziej

And after an amazing run of 8 games without a point, Baddar still on 9!