What do you think of the Libertines new album?

Guest Angry Baboon

Guest Angry Baboon

I got my advance copy today!

It's absolutely brilliant, I'm in love with "Don't be shy".

I'm glad they're taking on more of a La's style, Up the Bracket was great but I was thinking they might become another Clash Tribute band :/ Thank god I was proved wrong. I'm in lurv :D Let's hope Pete Doherty can kick the heroin so we can get another one of these gems.

My conscience is still wrestling with the 'should I download it and have the guilt of stealing from one of my favourite bands or should I buy it next week and have the guilt of fueling Petes heroin habit?' conundrum, so I'll shoot you an answer after that. I don't think I'm looking forward to the La's-ie stuff though, I've heard What Katy Did and I'm not that impressed. How did you get an advance copy anyway?

Guest Angry Baboon

Play.com sent it out early. Same thing happened when I bought 28 days later.

Also I love What Katie did. A bit cheesy, though, sounds like Cliff Richard mixed with the Beach Boys. Nice song though. You can feel the Weston-Super-Mare in it :D I think I'll be burning that one onto my summer mix.

Heard a few songs and i'm super psyched for it. I'm going to be picking it up as soon as possible. I loved Up the Bracket at first, but the more I played it the more I started to dislike it, hopefully this wont be like that.