European Football Thread

IAceI

I know that so far Lopetegui did well for the Spanish NT, but hell, talk of failling upwards. The man has failed in all clubs he has been (Rayo, Castilla and Porto). In Porto he failed in spectacular fashion, as Porto was spending much more than usual from losing the league the previous year.

On 18/06/2018 at 21:17, Switzerlineker said:

Sporting have appointed Sinisa Mihajlovic as their new head coach.

Sporting have de-appointed Sinisa Mihajlovic as their new head coach.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Parma forward Emanuele Calaiò has been banned for two years for attempted match-fixing while the club have been docked five points but will retain their Serie A status for the 2018-19 season.

Calaiò was also fined €20,000 (£17,800) on Monday after sending suspect text messages to opposing players before the final match of the Serie B season in May, with Parma needing to beat Spezia to secure automatic promotion.

Italy’s National Federal Court imposed the sanction after Calaiò sent four “suspicious messages” on WhatsApp to Spezia defender Filippo De Col, encouraging him not to try too hard and said the same to his teammate Claudio Terzi. The last message said he was joking and Calaiò insists that was all it was.

Parma won 2-0 to finish in second place and return to the top flight just three years after being declared bankrupt.

It became the first Italian club to earn three successive promotions, in what was seen as a fairytale rise back to the top.

The club have denied any wrongdoing, saying the messages “don’t contain any sort of irregularity or malice” and have said they will appeal against the verdict.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be subscribing and cancelled my Sky Sports. 6 quid a month for La Liga and Serie A? That’s all I need!

Also Newcastle are going to shot the bed again so I’ve no interest in watching us fall apart all year.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Any word on if there's a PS4 app? I hate watching things on my laptop and realistically the only way I'll watch is through the PS4!

It seems they're working behind the scenes on an app for various devices, and a potential TV channel.

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So, in 2018, if you want to catch football from all around the different leagues, you'll need Sky Sports, BT, Eleven Sports and an Amazon Prime account. Fucking bullshit if you ask me.

<_<

Or by "alternative means" :shifty:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So, in 2018, if you want to catch football from all around the different leagues, you'll need Sky Sports, BT, Eleven Sports and an Amazon Prime account. Fucking bullshit if you ask me.

<_<

I mean, there's a lot more football available then there used to be.

• Like 1

There's been a bloke replying to each and every Eleven Sports tweet with simply "any jobs going?" for about a week now to no response.

Earlier, they announced that Kevin Keatings will be covering La Liga matches after doing so with Sky for 17 years, and the same bloke has replied with "so there were jobs going" and it's just hilarious to me.

• Like 2