European Football Thread

IAceI

• Admin

Málaga’s head coach, Víctor Sánchez, has claimed he was subjected to an attempted blackmail after the 43-year-old was suspended following the posting of an explicit video featuring him was posted on social media.

The former Real Madrid midfielder and Spain international, who was appointed by the Segunda División side in April, was captured exposing his penis to the camera while wearing a Málaga training shirt.

“I am being subjected to a crime against my privacy with harassment and extortion,” Sánchez wrote on Twitter. “The matter is in the hands of the police and I entrust myself to follow their instructions. Sharing or disseminating an intimate content of any person without consent is also a crime either through social networks or messages or in any other way. Thank you for your understanding and support.”

Sánchez spent almost two years out of the game after leaving Real Betis in May 2017 before being appointed by Málaga, who are 16th in Spain’s second tier having won just one of their past five matches.

“In relation to the events that have recently been discovered, and which have not as yet been verified, Málaga CF immediately suspends coach Víctor Sánchez del Amo from his duties until a full investigation is carried out,” the club said in a statement. “We will disclose further information once the facts have been clarified.”

Naughty that goal!

Off to see Leverkusen V Wolfsburg in April as part of a mates stag. Never been to a match abroad so should be good!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

This mean that it won’t be on Premier Sport any longer?

It's still part of Premier Sports, but on a standalone channel.

You can get Premier Sports and LaLigaTV for £11.99 a month together. If you already subscribe to Premier Sports, LLTV is free.

Premier did say a few months ago when this was announced that when the LLTV channel launches, no games would be shown on Premier Sports 1 or 2 any more because there'd be no need to, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

34 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's still part of Premier Sports, but on a standalone channel.

You can get Premier Sports and LaLigaTV for £11.99 a month together. If you already subscribe to Premier Sports, LLTV is free.

Premier did say a few months ago when this was announced that when the LLTV channel launches, no games would be shown on Premier Sports 1 or 2 any more because there'd be no need to, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Makes sense to be fair. Part of the deal to get Pro 14 rugby was that every game had to be shown live. Was getting tricky for them showing it all on so few channels. 

• Like 1

I don't have Premier but have subscribed to LLTV since Eleven Sports had it as part of their package, and it's good. Much better to have it as a live channel than a stream a minute or so behind. By subscribing to the channel, you also get access to a login for the stream via the app on phones/tablets etc. And that's handy because I've been able to watch the Saturday 3pm games on the app despite the "blackout".