European Football Thread

IAceI

Barcelona and Real Madrid were pretty terrible tonight. Barcelona left it late to come back from 1-0 down at Osasuna and win, the first time they've over turned a deficit to win away to Osasuna - they did have some rather questionable decisions go their way it seemed - particularly on the first goal where Alexis looked offside in the build up.

Then Real Madrid conceded a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 away to city rivals Getafe. Getafe barely ventured out of their own half for the first half of the match and then somehow managed to get two goals. Ronaldo blatantly not fully fit and rather peripheral and worrying for Real how reliant they seem to be on him

Time for Valencia v Deportivo in the obligatory 11pm kick off. Valencia just gone 1-0 up after 10 minutes, no prizes if you guessed it was Roberto Soldado who scored it.

• Admin

Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao has been banned for four games and will miss the Spanish Super Cup match against Barcelona. He was banned for insulting the referee at the end of Madrid's 2-1 league loss to Getafe on Sunday.

Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova will also miss two matches, after criticising the referee.

• Admin
Real Madrid: Casillas, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Khedira, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ozil, Marcelo, Alonso, Arbeloa, Higuain, Di Maria.

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Pedro.

Real Madrid make four changes from last week's tie, with Pepe, Marcelo, Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria in for Raul Albiol, Fabio Coentrao, Karim Benzema and Jose Callejon. Barcelona are unchanged from the first leg - Luka Modric has to settle for a place on the bench.

I had no idea that ITV4 has Bundesliga highlights this season! You can tune in from 10pm.

1. Thanks for posting this, I had no idea

2. It's on ITV Player! Awesome

Tuned in for the second half of Real/Barca. The Spanish league really is so much better technically. I still prefer the Prem for the pace, but it's refreshing to see a different style every once and a while.

I'm off to Greece in an hour :o

Here's to hoping for a party atmosphere all over the country when Newcastle go out of Europe and someone can teach me a song about Shefti Kuqi's brother. Shame the legs weren't reversed though so I'd be in Greece for the home leg.

They take their Community Shield a fair bit more serious over in SpauN!

They do? I remember sitting in a bar a few years back, seeing Barca - Madrid being on the tv, asking 4 people if it was live and none of em had a clue.