Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Maybe an Avengers Initiative/Academy type set-up? Just trying to think of things that cut out all or most of the main franchised characters... Either that or something SHIELD orientated...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Watching The Avengers deleted scenes, there's one scene with Cobie Smulders being interogated that's just awful. I mean the scene is fine, the idea is good, but Cobie is just fucking dire. Jesus. I mean she wasn't anything special in scenes she made it into, but she's just awful in this. I suddenly have a lot less interest in seeing any more Maria Hill popping up. Time to give her the boot and bring in Yvonne Strahovski as Carol Danvers, I say. >_>

EDIT: The stuff with Captain America is really great, though I suppose there'll be plenty of time for "Man out of time" stuff in Captain America 2, so I can see why they cut it. Would have been nice to include it though.

"You're gonna love it, Doc. We've got all the toys."

"You've got a Commodore 64?"

"I don't...?"

"Oh, you're very young."

Oh Mark Ruffalo. :P

Seems like there was a whole mini-plot involving Maria Hill undermining Fury that got cut. I have to wonder if it was because Cobie Smulders kinda sucks in most of these scenes. >_>

Also watched Item 47. It was pretty fun! I wouldn't be opposed to the Marvel TV Series featuring Titus Welliver, Lizzie Caplan and the other two in some way. But then TV in general just needs more of Caplan. :wub:

• 1 month later...

It feels like a hodgepodge of Nolan villain cliches. I really don't need another chessmaster AND HERE ARE MY LOFTY PROCLAMATIONS ABOUT HUMAN NATURE villain, nor do I need more weird vocal affectations. Especially not when they sound like Tim Gunn doing a Baz Luhrmann impression.

I mean, it's a first look. There's plenty of time to make me not bored by the villain. But ugh, what a boring first look.

Captain America 2 news concerning casting for a character that hadn't been previously announced (well, as far as I know), so... spoilers, I guess:

Frank Grillo cast as Crossbones

Also, Anthony Mackie (as Falcon), Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders apparently have parts in the movie, as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy update; it appears the shortlist of actors being screen-tested to play Star-Lord are Joel Edgerton, Lee Pace, Jack Huston, Jim Sturgess, and Eddie Redmayne. Any of the first three would be greatly exciting to me, can't really say anything about the other two.

Guardians of the Galaxy update; it appears the shortlist of actors being screen-tested to play Star-Lord are Joel Edgerton, Lee Pace, Jack Huston, Jim Sturgess, and Eddie Redmayne. Any of the first three would be greatly exciting to me, can't really say anything about the other two.

And two reports I read say that James Marsden is in talks as well. Please, please, PLEASE let him be busy doing a cameo or 5 in Days Of Future Past. He already sucked the life out of Cyclops and was horrid in Superman Returns, please don't let him kill Star-Lord too.

James Marsden was good as Cyclops and was given a nothing character in Superman Returns. Go home, old man.

That being said, I don't want him in this because I will never not associate him with Criss from 30 Rock or his character in Enchanted. He's much more fun doing comedic stuff.