Godfatha does WCW 1996

Godfatha

Monday, August 5, 1996, WCW Monday Night Nitro: Charlotte Colloseum, Charlotte, North Carolina. 5084 tickets sold. $203,360 in ticket sales.

Home Improvement finished in its normal time period as we were all getting ready for Nitro. Eric was backstage helping to run things but he was upset. He was a bit upset that I beat him in the race from Atlanta to Charlotte. Well that’s what he gets for racing The Doctor. Prior to the theme song a video recap was shown of last week’s Nitro. The attack on Bischoff was shown while Hogan was screaming at Bischoff. It was in grainy black and white and it focused on Hogan saying ”That’s what you get Bischoff, that’s what you get for messing with the n.W.o.” The music slowed down and came to a halt. When it reappeared it showed Flair’s face looking right at Arn Anderson. The crowd cheered and it was audible to folks watching on TV. The last image we all saw was Ric putting his hand on Arn. The theme music of WCW Nitro hit and the crowd was hot. The pyro hit and the crowd was roaring. They were on their feet holding up their Ric Flair and IV Horsemen signs. One row had a sign of Ric Flair’s “woo” that spanned 17 seats. The camera swooped around the entire audience but focused on the giant “woo” sign. It finally swooped in on Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan.

Schiavone:”Welcome fans to WCW Nitro! We have word on Comissioner Bischoff’s condition. He’s resting in his home in Atlanta, Georgia and we have gotten word that he will at Road Wild refereeing the match between Hollywood Hogan and The Giant. He’s not here but he did make the matches for this week and what a lineup we’ve got folks. Chris Benoit will take on Diamond Dallas Page, Arn Anderson takes on Kevin Nash and get this, since we’re deep in the heart of Flair country, Ric Flair takes on Scott Hall in tonight’s main event.”

Heenan:”This is an omen Schiavone, we’re here deep in Horsement country and all three Horsemen are in action tonight. Two of which are taking on the n.W.o. This is gonna be one night where we, WCW, can stand up tall.”

Schiavone:”You got that right, and look out, starting us off is Dean Malenko and Ultimo Dragon taking on Rey Mysterio Jr. and Disco Inferno. Now Bobby, from what I heard, earlier today, Disco approached Rey to tag with him to take on Malenko. Malenko went to Rey’s rival, Ultimo Dragon and this match is on.”

Heenan:”This is one for the books Schiavone.”

Rey Mysterio Jr. and Disco Inferno vs. Dean Malenko and Ultimo Dragon

Ultimo and Dean were just in the ring when Rey Mysterio Jr.’s music hit. The crowd cheered for the tag team which came out together. Disco was dancing while Rey was tagging the fan’s hands while they came to the ring. Both men entered the ring and all 4 men circled each other before the referee could separate them. Disco was the man who would wrestle and Ultimo was in the ring to take on Disco. The bell rang three times and the referee motioned to start the match.

Schiavone:”Bobby, your thoughts on how each team will win the match?

Heenan:”Well it’s quite simple Schiavone, keep Disco out of that ring. Mysterio has to keep flying in order to win. However, on the other side, Dragon can fly and he can wrestle. And we all know about Malenko. Bottom line is, Disco is too much of a liability and the quality of Malenko and Dragon is too much. There is no way Mysterio and Disco can win at all.”

Disco started off by clapping his hands over his head in a rhythmic fashion. Some fans began to clap but it didn’t work. Dragon took that opportunity to attack Disco’s legs. Disco went down as Dragon did a double leg take down. He flipped Disco on his stomach and put his foot in the back of Disco’s right knee. He picked up the right foot of Disco and linked it behind his own knee. He then bent over backwards as Disco was screaming in pain.

Schiavone:”Look at Dragon, already going for the quick submission.”

Heenan:”I get the feeling it’s not over, Malenko wants to punish Mysterio for what he did. And to a lesser extent I’m sure Malenko wants Disco to try and come after him after what happened last week.”

After a few seconds Dragon released his submission hold and picked up Disco. He was noticeably limping on his right leg. Dragon went for the right leg and did a dragon screw takedown. He stomped on Disco’s leg before taking in Malenko. Malenko came in and stomped on Disco’s head four times before the referee separated them. Malenko dragged Disco to his corner and picked him up. He hit Disco with two European uppercuts which sent Disco reeling backwards. He wasn’t selling the knee anymore. Malenko kicked him in the stomach and delivered a snap suplex. Malenko made sure to throw Disco’s back right into the turnbuckle. Disco’s legs were hanging off the turnbuckle until they gave out. He fell upside down and landed right on his head.

Schiavone:”You gotta wonder Bobby, what the condition of Disco’s head and neck are.”

Malenko stomped on Disco’s head a few more times before the referee ran in to check on Disco. Malenko went over to Rey and taunted him. This caused Rey to step in the ring but the referee had to restrain him. This allowed Rey and Ultimo to double team Disco in their corner. Sonny Ono was no longer being watched so he took his cane and hit Disco right on the head. The crowd booed as Rey tried to point to the referee based on what was happening. Ono walked away as the referee turned around and Malenko dragged Disco to the center of the ring. He dropped a knee right on Disco’s head. He picked up Disco for a gutwrench suplex. He tagged in Dragon who picked up Disco and hit his own snap suplex on Disco. In one fluid motion he immediately went for the Dragon’s Sleeper on Disco. Mysterio was hitting the turnbuckle to get the crowd involved but again, there were only a few claps from the crowd. Dragon released the hold and picked up Disco. He shoved him to the turnbuckle. Dragon took a few steps back and began to run toward Disco. He ran and as he approached Disco, he jumped on his hands and put his legs around Disco’s head. Disco held Dragon’s legs with his hands and just sort of fell to the mat which caused Dragon to unexpectedly fall on his head.

”Oh shit!” I stood up and asked on the headset if Dragon was OK. That was not in the plan at all. Damn that Disco and his shitty wrestling.

The referee checked on Dragon and went to Malenko’s corner and he extended his arms. He was OK. The fans wouldn’t know what that meant but to us it meant he was OK. The crowd was silent as they could tell that wasn’t supposed to happen. Disco slowly began to crawl to his corner while Dragon was clutching his neck and crawling towards Malenko. Mysterio was jumping up and down just waiting for the tag. The crowd was slowly starting to build as Disco slowly got closer for the tag. Dragon made the tag first and Malenko stepped in the ring as quickly as he could. Mysterio jumped on the top rope when Disco hit Mysterio’s stomach. Mysterio lept off the top rope and hit a flying head scissor’s right on Malenko. Mysterio quickly got to his feet and ran to the corner of Dragon and Malenko. He ran and jumped on the second rope. As he bounced off of it, he grabbed a hold of Dragon’s head and twirled himself behind Dragon. Mysterio was parallel with the ring apron in the air while Dragon was still facing the inside of the ring. Mysterio’s momentum caused Dragon to crumple while Mysterio landed right on the ring apron. Malenko was starting to get up and he shook his head to shake out the cobwebs. Mysterio jumped on the top rope and bounced off. He wrapped his head right around Malenko. Mysterio twirled and Malenko twirled with him. However, Malenko just slammed Mysterio to the mat so hard that it shook the ring. Immediately he wrapped up Mysterio’s legs for the Texas Cloverleaf. Mysterio was in the middle of the ring.

Schiavone:”There’s nowhere for Mysterio to go! Disco’s still down on the apron. Mysterio’s trying to crawl aaaand…..no, he tapped out. Mysterio tapped out. Malenko and Dragon win the match.”

Malenko refused to break the hold while the bell ringer kept ringing the bell. He was screaming as he was pulling back on Mysterio’s leg’s. Mysterio was screaming as the referee tried to pry him off Mysterio. He finally released it and rolled to the outside. He pushed aside the timekeeper and reached for a chair. He brought it inside the ring. He lifted it up high in the air and as he was about to slam it the referee got in the way. Malenko just pushed aside the referee and lifted the chair up high. He brought it right down on Mysterio’s knees as Mysterio screamed. There was a loud crack as the chair hit the knees of Mysterio. Malenko threw the chair down on the ring and raised his hands as he lifted his hands up in the air. The Charlotte crowd booed him as he grabbed his belt and walked backstage. The crowd began to really cheer when….

66%, 67%, 82%

Scott Hall appears….

Scott Hall was walking through the crowd when he climbed over the ring barrier. He grabs the mic from the announcer and got inside the ring. He was wearing his typical denim jeans and a denim vest with nothing else on. The referee quickly helped Mysterio out of the ring before Hall could do any damage to Mysterio.

Schivaone:”What the hell does this joker want?”

Scott Hall lifted the microphone up to his lips when the crowd started to boo him. He put the microphone down and absorbed the boos. He shrugged and had a cocky look on his face. Hall had the microphone to his lips when he uttered two words:

Hall:”….Heeeeeyyy yo.”

This time the crowd cheered as Hall uttered his famous catchphrase. He walked around the ring absorbing the cheers with a surprised and cocky look on his face. He held the microphone to his lips when he uttered another two words:

Hall:”…Ric…..Flair.”

The crowd roared as they heavily cheered for Flair. Hall was about to speak when a small “Ric Flair” chant took over the crowd. He put the microphone down and allowed the crowd to chant Flair’s name. When it finally died down Hall began to speak.

Hall:”Your beloved hero Ric Flair….is a traitor. Three weeks ago, that meng was with us in our lockerroom. Two weeks ago, he…”coughed” and allowed his partner to be pinned. And just last week meng, he walked out on Nitro, and he walked out…on WCW. Now Flair, tonight….it’s you…..and the bad guy. And at Road Wild meng, it’s you and me, for the WCW…United States Championship. Tonight, the bad guy will be beating your liver spotted butt and at Road Wild, he’ll do it again. Or…you could join us. You could save yourself the embarrassment and join us. You’ve already done half the job meng, now finish it and join the n.W.o tonight on Nitro. That’s all there….”

The lights went out and the audio on the microphone cut out. The crowd was cheering when…

80%

An operatic theme began to play over the PA system as footage from WCW’s past even back when they were the NWA. Highlights of Flair facing off with Steamboat were played. Highlights played as Flair and Dusty Rhodes were battling in a cage and when Sting faced off with Flair. The crowd was cheering as the music was slowly building towards a crescendo. The clips began to play faster and faster as the music was slowly increasing. When the music finally reached its crescendo and explosion was heard and a fiery number “08” was shown on the screen with absolute silence being played on the PA system. The crowd was cheering as the show went to its first commercial.

82%

I went to check on Dragon as he was holding an icepack to his neck. He told me he was fine when I got called over. It was Lex Luger…

”What is it Lex? How’s the muscle tear?”

Lex:”It’s fine. I want to know why Nash has been saying all that shit about me. There was no reason for him to insult me like he did on TV. I tried talking to everyone but no one would gimme a straight answer. I wanna know.”

”Well…Lex. I have no idea. Have you tried talking to Nash?”

Lex:”Oh I’ll talk to him…”

Lex walked away and I was wondering what that meant when I got called back to the gorilla position. I put on my headset when I heard banter between Tony and Bobby. The show wasn’t back just yet.

Heenan:”And wouldn’t you be damned…it turns out the hooker was a man!”

The show came back…

Schiavone:”We’re back folks, and what a show it’s been so far. Bobby, your thoughts on what we’ve seen?”

Heenan:”Well I’ll tell you this Schiavone, Mysterio has been injured. His knees were hit with a chair which gives Malenko a huge advantage for Road Wild. If Mysterio can’t fly, he can’t win. It’s that simple.”

Schiavone:”And your thoughts on what the n.W.o? Is Ric Flair going to join the n.W.o. tonight instead of facing off with Scott Hall?”

Heenan:”Flair would be nuts to join the n.W.o. He’s right in front of the fans who made him who he is. There’s no way he should do this. Ric, if you’re watching this, don’t do it. You’re WCW and we need you now.”

Schiavone:”What do you make of the interruption of Scott Hall?”

Heenan:”What am I the answer man Schiavone? Don’t you think for yourself? All I know is this, I have no idea who this person is but he’s got to be big to cut off Hall and to show clips of our past. All I can say is that this person will have a huge impact for WCW and maybe even be able to rid the n.W.o.”

Schiavone:”Folks, to update you, Commissioner Bischoff is stable and is resting at home. As for Lex Luger, he will be back in action next week. Eddie Guerrero is set to be in action next week as well. But here’s one man who’s back, Diamond Dallas Page.”

Chris Benoit vs. Diamond Dallas Page

DDP made his way to the ring denying the fans a chance to tag his hand. The crowd booed him as he made his bang sign in the ring. His music was cutoff by Chris Benoit’s. The crowd cheered for the Horseman as he walked to the ring. When he entered the ring he put up 4 fingers and the crowd cheered for him. The bell rang and the match was on. Benoit went for a lockup but DDP punched Benoit right in the face. The referee warned DDP about the use of a fist.

Schiavone:”3 seconds in and DDP makes an illegal move…huh.”

Heenan:”What fist?”

Schiavone:”The one that DDP did to Benoit!”

Heenan:”I don’t see a fist, DDP’s got a headlock on Benoit. You need to have your eyes checked Schiavone.”

DDP had the headlock on Benoit and kept flexing his arms to make it tighter around Benoit’s head. Benoit elbowed DDP in the stomach a few times before he finally managed to make DDP break the hold. He chopped DDP right in the chest and did it again to send DDP to the ropes. Benoit kicked him and did an Irish whip to the opposite ropes. Benoit charged DDP but DDP squared his shoulders and Benoit bounced right off of him. In an instant Benoit got up before DDP could grab a hold of him and engaged in a collar-and-elbow lock up with DDP. He pushed DDP back to the turnbuckles. Benoit released the holds and tried to grab DDP’s legs and wrap it around the second rope. DDP was fighting it and began to hit Benoit with forearms. Benoit finally stopped when he had one leg wrapped around the rope. DDP untangled himself and started to hit Benoit in the face with some open handed right hands.

Heenan:”See Schiavone? He hit Benoit with open hands, not fists.”

Schiavone:”I thought you said you couldn’t see the fists Bobby?”

Heenan:”Just call the match Schiavone.”

DDP scooped up Benoit for the slam and slammed him down on the mat hard. DDP ran to the ropes and dropped a knee right on Benoit’s head. Benoit sold it like a ton of bricks fell on his head. DDP picked up Benoit and lifted him up for a standing vertical suplex. He held Benoit there for a few seconds before slamming him down on the mat. The ring shook as both men hit the mat. DDP got up and taunted the crowd as the crowd booed them. Benoit was slow to rise to his feet and got a double leg take down on DDP. The crowd cheered as Benoit had one of DDP’s legs but booed when DDP raked the eyes of Benoit. Benoit staggered backwards as DDP got to his feet and hit a hard clothesline on Benoit. Benoit bounced right off the mat as DDP was feeling cocky. He picked up Benoit and kicked him in the midsection. He wrapped his head around Benoit’s head and jumped up.

Schiavone:”DDP is looking to end it here, Diamond Cutter…NO!”

Benoit pushed DDP off at the right moment so DDP fell right on his back. He held his back as Benoit started to to attack DDP. He stomped the right arm of DDP and dropped his knee right on it. He picked up DDP by his right arm and delivered an arm wringer. While still holding on to it he applied an arm bar to DDP but DDP managed to reach the ropes before any damage could be done. Benoit released the hold and got behind DDP. As DDP was getting up Benoit latched his hands around DDP’s waist. Benoit picked him up and delivered a big German suplex. Benoit screamed as he lifted up DDP and the crowd was starting to get into the match. Benoit went to the ring apron and began to climb the ropes. He was about to leap off the turnbuckle but jumped off as DDP was beginning to stand up. The crowd was booing as Benoit got off the turnbuckle. Benoit bounced off the ropes and delivered a shoulder block to DDP. The crowd now cheered for Benoit as he delivered a bodyslam to DDP. He picked up DDP and chopped him. He kicked DDP in the midsection and got behind DDP. He grabbed DDP’s right arm and tried to latch on the Crossface and then to drive him to the mat. DDP was fighting it with all of his strength when out of nowhere, DDP hit the Diamond Cutter.

Schiavone:”Diamond Cutter right on Benoit! That was out of nowhere Schiavone!”

Heenan:”It comes outta nowhere Schiavone. You’re settin’ him up for somethin’ and BANG he hit’s ya.”

The referee was at the count of 6 as both men were down on the ground. 7…..8…..The count stopped as DDP got to his feet. He slowly walked towards Benoit but Benoit rolled him up in a small package. 1…..2…..DDP just managed to kick out. Benoit quickly got to his feet while DDP was running towards Benoit. Benoit hit a chop right on DDP’s chest and he went down on the mat. He picked up DDP and delivered another German suplex to DDP. Benoit climbed the turnbuckles and delivered a flying headbutt right on DDP’s shoulder. The crowd was cheering and counting along with the referee as he went for the pin. 1…..2……DDP just managed to lift up his shoulder. Sweat was coming off Benoit as he picked up DDP and elbowed his shoulder a few more times. Benoit picked up DDP for a suplex and dropped him right on the right shoulder of DDP. Benoit got up and dragged his thumb across his neck as the crowd cheered. DDP was slowly starting to get up when Benoit latched on the Crossface. There was nowhere for DDP to go and after a few seconds of screaming and Benoit screaming for DDP to tap out, DDP had no choice but to tap out. The crowd cheered as the bell rang and Benoit’s music was played for a second time. Benoit raised his arms in victory.

Schiavone:”There’s one victory for the Horsemen! That’s a good sign for later tonight as Arn Anderson takes on Kevin Nash and Scott Hall will take on Ric Flair later on tonight. We’ll be right back!”

70%, 72%, 84%

I took off my headsets when I heard shouting. I ran over to the source and I saw Luger and Nash yelling at each other in the locker room. I got in between both men which could have been a huge mistake for me. Eric then barged in…

Eric:”What the hell is going on here?! Someone better tell me…NOW. Lex? Kevin?”

Nash:”Hey man, all I was doin’ was sittin’ here havin’ a cup of coffee when Lex came over and for no reason threw it in my face.”

Lex:”You lying son of a bitch! That’s a goddamn lie. I came back here to ask him why he said the things he said last week on Nitro. All he did was just throw his coffee down and he pushed me.”

Eric:”Lex, lower your damned voice. You know what’ll happen if Keller finds out about this shit? Lex, go away, have a cup of coffee or something. Just don’t come in this area again. You hear me? You’re not even on this show. Go home.”

Lex:”You’re takin’ Kevin’s side? Figures…”

I walked back to the gorilla position as Schiavone and Heenan were talking to the audience. Just then it cut to a vignette backstage.

Harlem Heat attacks Rick Steiner

The camera was running towards the disturbance and the saw Rick Steiner face down on the ground. Booker T and Stevie Ray were stomping on Rick while holding their titles. Scott Steiner came running in to try and save his brother but Booker T swatted at Steiner and hit the title right on Steiner’s head as he was running. He fell right down. Booker T stomped on Scott Steiner while Stevie Ray stomped on Rick Steiner.

Booker T:”We’re the dubya see dubya champions sucka. You think you can just beat us at Road Wild. You fools be dead wrong! You can’t even handle yo’self in the back right here. Ain’t no way that you’ll be takin’ our titles at Road Wild sucka. Come on Stevie, let’s get outta here.”

82%

The camera went back to the announcers.

Schiavone:”Folks, things have just heated up between The Steiners and Harlem Heat. I can’t wait for that matchup. I also can’t wait for later tonight when Arn Anderson takes on Kevin Nash and in tonights main event….here deep in Flair country, Ric Flair will be squaring off against Scott Hall. And…wait….folks something is happening in the parking lot.”

Guess who arrives…

The camera is cut to the back when a large, black, stretch limousine pulls in. The licence plate just says the number “4” on it as the crowd cheers. The door opens and the camera focuses on the shiny black shoes. The crowd is cheering even louder as the camera slowly fades up. When it is revealed who the driver is the crowd is booing vehemently. The chauffeur fixes his tie and walks to the back of the limo. He opens the door and out walks a somber Ric Flair. The crowd is cheering as he steps out of the limousine.

Chauffeur:”Big night tonight Mr. Flair.”

Flair:”…Yeah.”

Flair slipped the chauffer a $20 bill and in a glum mood, walked towards the arena.

96%

We cut back to the announcers after Ric Flair arrives.

Schiavone:”Well, the man is here. He is here and tonight folks, he will be squaring off against Scott Hall in what is sure to be a preview of Road Wild.”

Heenan:”That’s right Schiavone, call your Auntie Irene and your Uncle Floyd, Ric Flair is home. He’s here, and he’s here to take care of Scott Hall.”

The picture began to flicker and the audio was starting to get grainier. With each flicker, the picture would be more black and white and less colour. Interspersed of images of the announcers talking were images of the destruction that the n.W.o. has caused in the past two months. Finally it managed to settle on the usual grainy, black and white picture as the n.W.o. theme began to play. The crowd cheered as Kevin Nash walked through the curtain.

Kevin Nash shoots his mouth…

Kevin held up the “kliq” sign as he slowly walked to the ring. Finally, after the theme song started to play again he stepped over the top rope and raised his arm.

Schiavone:”Well, Kevin Nash is out here for his match against Arn Anderson and…oh no. He’s got the microphone. Do we have to listen to this?”

Nash:”Quit yer yammering Schiavone, no one likes your high pitched voice. Heenan, why don’t you go back and dress in another weasel suit.” The crowd was booing as the camera shifted to both announcers looking uncomfortable and looking at each other. ”Now where was I, oh right…Lex Luger. The Total Package.” The crowd cheered when Nash mentioned Lex’s name. ”Well, Lex Luger couldn’t be here tonight folks.” The crowd was booing Nash. ”That’s right, after the assault I gave to him at the house show, he’s still at home, crying like a little girl.”

Schiavone:”The audacity…”

Nash looked right into the camera. ”So Flexy, rest up, and take your…heh…”vitamins.” Because at Road Wild, it’s go time. You…and Big Sexy, one on one for the WCW Television Title. And whatever you do Lex, don’t tear another muscle, and don’t spill your coffee. I wouldn’t want ya to come to Road Wild with any excuses. See ya there Flexy…” Nash dropped the microphone and laughed.

89%

Arn Anderson’s music began to play and the crowd stood up on their feet as one of the founding member’s of the Horsemen walked through the curtains. Arn stood there, looking around at all the adulation by the fans. He was absorbing the cheers and saluted the fans. He started to walk to the ring with a lot of energy in his steps. The crowd cheered as Arn slapped their hands. He got in the ring and got right up in the face of Nash but the referee separated the two. A chant of “Arn” rang through the arena before the referee called for the bell.

Arn Anderson vs. Kevin Nash

The bell rang three times and the referee signaled for the match to begin. Arn tried to go for a lockup but Nash sidestepped it. He kneed Anderson right in the stomach and hit him in the back. Nash threw Arn in the turnbuckle. Nash backed up a few steps and tried to do a running knee but Arn threw his elbow right in Nash’s face. This stunned Nash and allowed Anderson to hit Nash a few more times with right hands. This continued to stagger Nash but it was never enough to bring the big man down. Arn was reeling back for a big haymaker but Nash kneed him right in the stomach. Anderson collapsed right down to the mat clutching his stomach. Nash picked up Anderson and delivered a sidewalk slam. Nash went for the pin….1…..2…..Arn kicked out.

Schiavone:”There’s no way you can put away Anderson this easily.”

Heenan:”But what if the rules were that it was two seconds to a pinfall, then Nash could…”

Nash picked up Anderson and whipped him to the ropes. He lifted up his big boot and Anderson ran face first right into it. Anderson collapsed right off the boot and Nash tauned the crowd. The crowd wasn’t so much anti-Nash, but rather pro-Anderson, but Nash took the heat as he got it. Anderson was slowly rising to his feet and when Nash turned around Anderson was slugging Nash in the face with some rapid right hands. He whipped Nash to the ropes and tried to deliver a clothesline but merely staggered Nash. Anderson bounced off the ropes and hit another clothesline but it wasn’t enough to take the big man down. Anderson bounced off the ropes for a second time and attempted a clothesline but this time, Nash got underneath Anderson and delivered a huge back body drop. Any sort of face heat going on in this match was killed and converted to boos when Nash delivered the back body drop. Nash went for the pin again….1…..2…Anderson just managed to put his foot on the rope.

Schiavone:”There’s still some life in him Bobby!”

Nash picked up Anderson and whipped him to the turnbuckle. Nash walked towards Arn and threw two elbows right at Arn’s jaw. Nash backed up and measured Arn’s face before delivering another elbow to the face. Anderson fell right to the mat. Nash grabbed Anderson’s head and dragged him to the center of the ring. He pulled Anderson up to his knees and hit him on the head a few times with his right hand. Anderson just fell right to the mat. Nash went for the cover yet again….1…..2….Anderson still managed to kick out. Nash was furious and picked up Anderson. Anderson was on his knees when Nash ran to the ropes. He was going to ram his knee right in Anderson’s face but in an instant, Anderson leaped up to his feet and delivered a huge spinebuster to Nash. The crowd exploded as Anderson delivered the Spinebuster.

Schiavone:”With his last burst of energy, Anderson delivered a huge spinebuster to Kevin Nash. And now the referee is counting…”

The crowd was counting along with the referee…….7

8……..

9…………..

The count was stopped as Anderson was seen stirring to his knees. The crowd was cheering when Anderson got to his feet but they immediately started to boo when Hollywood Hogan made his first appearance by walking through the curtains. Anderson didn’t see Hogan walking down but the referee did. The referee went to Hogan to try and get Hogan out of there. At that exact moment, Anderson went to pick up Nash. Anderson grabbed Nash’s long hair and as he was about to pick him up, Nash hit him with a low blow. Hogan then backed off and the referee turned around as Nash was setting up Anderson for the Jackknife Powerbomb. The crowd was booing as Nash hit his finisher. The referee counted…1…..2…….3. The crowd was booing as Hogan got in the ring.

Schiavone:”OK come on now this is disgusting. There’s no need for this Hogan!”

Hogan got in the ring and started to stomp on Anderson. He then ran off the ropes and dropped his leg right across Anderson’s throat. The crowd began to cheer as Benoit came running out with a chair in his hand.

Schiavone:”It’s Benoit! Benoit’s here!”

Heenan:”But where’s Flair?!”

Benoit slid right in the ring and swung his chair but Nash just managed to get out of the ring before he got clocked. Hogan was still in the ring and Benoit’s back was to him. Hogan began to unbuckle his belt when Benoit turned around and stared right at Hogan. Neither man flinched as the crowd was really cheering for Benoit. Hogan pursed his lips and glared at Benoit before backing down and getting out of the ring. Benoit then checked on Anderson to see if he was OK. The camera faded on Benoit’s face of concern as Nitro went to a commercial break.

75%, 85%, 83%

I took off my headphones as once again there was some more screaming. I recognized the voice, it was Luger. This time though Nash was also yelling and Hogan and Hall were trying to hold back Nash.

Nash:”You jacked up steroid freak, you’re a dead man, you hear me, a dead man!”

Hogan:”Now calm down there man, you don’t mean it. Just sit down and relax.”

Nash sat down as Lex Luger was given a glass of water to cool himself down with. Eric was busy appeasing the n.W.o. while I went over to Lex.

Lex:”I told you I’d do something about it.”

”Lex, I know I’m just the doctor, but Road Wild is in 13 days. Don’t do anything to make that match a stiff one OK. Let’s just end it now and be on our way.”

Lex nodded his head as I made my way back to the gorilla position. I put on the headsets as the camera went to a backstage vignette.

A Regal Idea…

The n.W.o. were seen sitting in their lockerroom. Nash was drinking water to recouperate from his match with Anderson. A knock was heard on the door. All three men looked at each other when Hall answered the door.

Hall:”Yo, what do you want?”

The camera revealed a very prim and proper Lord Steven Regal standing at the door way. His posture was perfect and had his right hand behind him.

Regal:”Good evening Master Hall. I came here to join the New World Order.”

Nash:”What makes you think we want you English Muffin?”

Regal:”Well, I just thought you could use a touch of British class. These WCW toerags don’t have a clue about what’s going on. But you guys, you’re the future…yes…quite.”

Hogan:”Look here dude, here in the n.W.o., yeah we’re always ready to accept new people. But we’re also about looking cool, but you my friend, are about as cool as these pigs in Charlotte.” The crowd was really booing at that statement.

Regal had a patronizing smile on his face but leaned in real close to Hogan. He still had the smile on his face but glared his eyes. ”Look here sunshine, one of these days, your number will come, and when it does, I’ll be there. Now, with that said…have a nice day gents.”

Regal turned around and walked out the door while the entire n.W.o. just dismissed Regal.

83%

The camera focused to the announcers who were discussing the events which had transpired so far.

Schiavone:”What a night we’ve seen so far Bobby. Things for Road Wild are really starting to heat up.”

Heenan:You got that right Schiavone, and tonight, Scott Hall and Ric Flair are going to go at it to dete…..”

Hogan speaks…

The lights went out and over the sound system, clips of news casters played. There were too many of them to discern what exactly they were talking about but there must have been dozens chatting on at the same time. Men, women, of different ages, accents, and even languages are chattering as the fans had no idea what to even make of it. Gradually, the voices started to taper off. It was now a bit easier to discern what some were saying. In rapid succession these quotes were heard. The cameras began to flicker through the darkness as they played.

Newscaster A:”What’s clear is…”

Newscaster B:”What’s obvious is that…”

Newscaster C:”Well I think we can all see that…”

A noise started to slowly get louder and louder as these newscasters were saying these type of lines until:

All Newscasters:”Hollywood…is here to stay…”

The crowd booed as Hogan and Scott Hall walked out to the ring. The picture was the grainy, black and white with the usual theme song playing in the background. Both men entered the ring. Hogan aborbed the boos from the pro-Flair crowd as he accepted the mic.

Hogan:”Man I love it when everyone bows down to Hollywood Hogan.” The crowd booed as Hogan was smiling. A few fans were seen bowing down to Hogan. Hogan pointed at them, ”You see those guys over there? They’re the three smartest men in Charlotte. Everyone else in this swamp should pay attention and bow down to your saviour of professional wrestling in Hollywood Hogan.”

Schiavone:”Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.”

Hogan:”You know, for the past while, people have been comin’ up to me, saying, I still believe in you Hulk, I’m still a Hulkamaniac. I still take my vitamins and say my prayers. You know what I do to those people? I spit in their face. Yeah, that’s right brother. Hulk Hogan, is dead. You know, everyone keeps telling me I sold out. I sold WCW out. But the way I see it is, I came here from up north, I was never a part of WCW. WCW means nothing to me. What matters is that the n.W.o. are here and we’re taking over brother. And there’s not a damn thing you can do about it. Giant, in 13 days, you’ll be giving me that title. You’ll be handing over WCW’s prize possession to the one man who really made WCW what it is, Hollywood Hogan.” The crowd was booing and began to chant “Ric Flair.” Hogan let the chant build as he glared at the audience.

Schiavone:”The fans have a point Bobby, it was Ric Flair who made WCW.”

Hogan:”Ric Flair huh? Well, tonight we’ll see you precious Ric Flair.” The crowd cheered with the mention of his name. ”But Giant, son of Andre, whatever you want to be called, enjoy your time with the title. With Bischoff gone, you have no hope whatsoever of beating Hollywood Hogan. You may be 7 feet tall, but I’ve beaten bigger. You may be almost 500 pounds, but I’ve beaten heavier. The bottom line is this Giant, you have no advantage on Hollywood Hogan. None whatsoever. It’ll be a one on one contest, and when it comes to that against Hollywood Hogan, Hollywood….always…..wins.” Hogan dropped the microphone as the referee escorted him backstage.

90%

The camera then shifted back towards Schiavone and Heenan.

Schiavone:”Well folks, tonight is the night. Tonight we’ll see what Ric Flair decides and if he’ll go against Scott Hall. And whoooa…here comes the Nature Boy! And just listen to this reaction Brain!”

Flair vs. Hall

The crowd was deafening as Flair walked through the curtains. Flair had his robe on and even cracked a tiny smile as his pyro went off behind the WCW signs. The Ric Flair signs were seen all around the entire arena. Thankfully, no one put any “Rick Flare” signs up so that’s always a good sign. Flair got in the ring.

Hall picked up the microphone. ”So what’s it gonna be meng, are we gonna rumble, or are you gonna join us?” A small “Kick his ass” chant started which quickly erupted throughout the entire arena. Flair looked at everyone chanting that while Hall was looking visibly upset. Flair grabbed the microphone right out of Hall’s hands. The crowd was cheering. Flair put the microphone to his lips and licked his lips. He scanned the entire audience….before dropping the microphone and exiting the ring. The crowd was rabid as they were booing and throwing their signs and garbage right at Flair as he walked back to the locker room.

Hall:”Go on back home, do it ya coward. I’ll see you at Road Wild punk!” The crowd was really upset that not only did Flair walk out but there was no main event. The crowd then began to cheer as Sting ran to the ring and snatched the microphone right out of Hall’s hands. The crowd was cheering for Sting.

Sting:”Well, if ya don’t mind Hall, I’d like to take Flair’s place tonight in kicking your greasy butt, all across CHARLOTTE! The crowd was roaring and began to chant Sting’s name. Hall thought about it for a second and cheapshotted Sting and the match was on. Hall was nailing Sting with right hands as the bell rang three times. The crowd was still feeling electric as Sting was whipped to the ropes. Sting attacked Hall with a flying clothesline. Sting was feeling energized as he got the crowd behind him after he leaped up. He picked up Hall and hit him with three right hands which sent him to the turn buckles. Sting had Hall and hit him with a hard chop. Sting did his high pitched “wooo” as he hit Hall with another chop. Sting went to whip Hall to the other turnbuckle but Hall reversed it. Sting was running to the ropes but he grabbed the top rope and lifted his legs in the air. Hall was sent running right into the turnbuckles thanks to Sting lifting his legs. Hall bounced right off and Sting nailed him with a back suplex.

Schiavone:”Sting with the coverrrrrrrrrr….1…….2……Hall just kicked out. Wow that was close.”

Sting stomped on Hall’s face before trying to go for the Scorpion Deathlock but Hall kicked Sting off. Sting landed right on his back and both men were starting to get up. Sting managed to reach Hall by the ropes before Hall could even turn around and Sting set Hall up for a suplex. Sting got Hall halfway up before he managed to reverse it. This time, Hall lifted up Sting for a suplex, and dumped him outside the ring. Sting was lying outside the ring while Hall was trying to shake the cobwebs. The referee was counting while the crowd was cheering for Sting.

7……

8….

Sting crawled inside but Hall stomped on him a few times and picked Sting up for a bodyslam. Sting grabbed his back while Hall taunted the crowd. Hall picked up Sting and applied an abdominal stretch on Sting in the center of the ring. Sting was screaming as Hall applied the hold. The fans were clapping in unison for Sting to try and fight out of the hold. Hall wrangled Sting’s body before releasing the hold and allowing Sting to fall right to the mat. Hall went for the cover now….1……2…..Sting just kicked out. The crowd was cheering as there was still hope for Sting. Hall picked up Sting and set him up for the fall-away slam. He held Sting in his arms for a few seconds before slamming him down on the mat. Sting was still clutching his back Hall went for another cover….1……2….Sting still kicked out. Hall banged his hand on the mat before stomping Sting a few times. He picked up Sting and whipped him to the turnbuckle. He lifted Sting up and Hall positioned himself on the top rope. He was holding Sting and getting ready for a Super fall-away slam. Hall looked around before releasing Sting who came crashing down. Sting was barely moving as Hall placed himself over Sting and hooked his leg.

Schiavone:”This has got to be over, 1….2……NO! STING! HE KICKED OUT!”

The crowd was going nuts as Hall was absolutely livid. He banged both of his hands on the mat and argued with the referee that it was a 3 count. The ref stood his ground and said it was a two count. Finally Hall had enough and waved to the curtains. The crowd began to boo as both Hogan and Nash came out. With blatant disrespect for the rules they entered the ring and shoved the referee through the ropes to the outside. The bell ringer was ringing the bell vehemently when Nash picked up Sting and set him up for the Jackknife powerbomb. Nash slammed him down as all three men celebrated. The crowd was cheering at who was coming down for help.

Schiavone:”Look who it is Brain, it’s Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson! They both have chairs!”

Heenan:”But where’s Ric Flair?!”

Schiavone:”What?!”

Heenan:”Where is he?! Who’s side is he on, WCW’s or the n.W.o’s?!”

Out came Eddie Guerrero with a chair to even out the odds.

Schiavone:”It’s Eddie Guerrero! And now here comes the Giant! My goodness Brain, look at WCW! Members of the Horsemen and non-Horsemen standing united! Eddie, Benoit, Anderson, The Giant and Sting are all in the ring standing tall!”

All four of those men stood in the ring while the n.W.o. was backing off. Each were shouting at each other and pointing but it was clear WCW was the victor tonight.

76%, 86%, 86%

Schiavone:”Well folks, that’s all the time we have for tonight. What a night it’s been folks, WCW stands united against the n.W.o. Join us next week where Comissioner Bischoff will be here as it will be the final Nitro before Road Wild. For Bobby “The Brain Heenan,” I’m Tony Schiavone, good night everybody!”

The show went off the air and I took off my headphones. Everyone was now starting to pack up and get ready to go to their hotels. I could only hope that the tensions between Lex Luger and Kevin Nash wouldn’t escalate at the hotels. I was lost in thought when I felt a tap on my shoulder…

Sophie:”Hey!”

”Oh….hi Sophie. Look I’m really tired, so we can’t have drinks OK? I just wanna go back to my hotel room and just sleep.”

Sophie look hurt…”I understand. Well I’ll page you tomorrow. We’ve got a lot to discuss. Take care.”

”Yeah….”

Eddie:”Hey doc man, a few of us are going out for a few beers to celebrate. Wanna come with man?”

”Sure…I’d love to Eddie.”

Overall Rating: 81%

TV Rating: 5.62

Edited by Godfatha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey did you hear Road Wild is less than 2 weeks away?

By Wade Keller.

Well if you watched last night's Nitro, then you should know as they really hammered in that Road Wild will be here and that you should be watching it. Every single feud has been pushed and developed in some way, although I didn't like how Hogan has been spending more time hyping himself instead of bashing The Giant.

The first tag match was good, but I was left a bit disappointed. I was expecting so much more from Rey, Dragon and Malenko. The psychology was a bit weird as they started working on Disco's leg, but then switched to his head. The head bump that Dragon took looked sick. Smart booking prevaled as Disco was the one to get the brunt of the punishment but the finish was out of nowhere. Some may not have liked it but I did as it shows that Malenko can easily counter Mysterio's high flying assault that he did two weeks ago in the triple threat match. ***

Hall's interview was OK but he's gotta work on his timing. He seemed like he was just out there going for the crowd reactions instead of saying what he needed to say. He did say it, but it wasn't his primary focus.

I did like that the interview was cut off by the debut video as it adds to the spontaneity of the show without us being bombarded by the n.W.o. I'm really interested in who this is and what's been going on.

Chris Benoit's match with DDP was a solid bout, but it was a bit of a mixed bag. It was DDP's "return" match but he lost. What a way to kill the momentum as the announcers really hyped his return. However, I did like that they needed one of the Horsemen to win their match tonight. I also liked that it was clean and not marred by run ins. ***1/4

Harlem Heat attacks Rick Steiner....well at least Booker T kept his promo short this time.

Ric Flair then arrived, and man didn't you just love the crowd? Assuming the chauffeur was Flair then booing when it wasn't?

Kevin Nash's promo was another shoot filled promo. I'm all for realism, but too much shooting will just not allow me to suspend disbelief. At least he toned it back by referring to the house show assault.

Arn Anderson facing Kevin Nash was a good match. Arn did all he could to make the big man look good and he did. I wasn't a fan of how Anderson was made to look like a jobber but I don't feel it hurt him that much considering how solidly the crowd was right behind him. The finish was a bit wonky, but I did love the little staredown between Benoit and Hogan, with Hogan backing down. Heenan asking where Flair was, was another touch of gold. ***1/4

Stephen Regal approaches the n.W.o. Well I can appreciate the comedy behind it, but I didn't feel there was a need for it. I did like that Regal went right to his serious mode and sort of acted like a soothsayer by warning Hogan. Beware the Ides of March.

Hogan's interview was quite good, but he didn't focus enough on The Giant and it was if he realized this and then started to ramble on about The Giant. It served its point I guess in that they wondered where Flair will stand, but more focus should be done to The Giant as well.

Did you hear the crowd for the main event? If you didn't, was your TV on mute? Man when Flair came out he was treated like a huge star. It was obvious that the crowd loved him and wanted him to wrestle, and when he walked out and they threw garbage at him, you can tell that this storyline is big and is going somewhere. While Sting is no replacement for Flair, he certainly represents WCW. Naturally it wasn't a clean finish, but the match itself wasn't that bad at all. Normally I would have trashed the ending but the way it was done and the way the announcers sold it was wonderful. Having all of the WCW major stars run out to defend WCW gave WCW a shot in the arm and made the fans think that the n.W.o. might not just steam roll them. Heenan's question of where's Flair was another touch of gold. Eddie's return was also well done. ***1/2

*RANDOM NEWS AND NOTES*

There was said to be two seperate altercations between Nash and Luger. No word on who instigated it but from what my sources tell me, an entire pot of coffee was thrown right at Luger. Things are heating up....

The Road Warriors have been suspended over their altercation last week with Harlem Heat. We may have seen the end of their tenure in WCW.

Ultimo Dragon was said to be OK after his match.

Hogan was said to be livid that he didn't have a bigger role in last night's Nitro. Eric Bischoff was seen consoling him.

My sources tell me that several stars from the Power Plant are ready to be called up.

My sources also tell me that someone with an extreme background may be making his way to either WCW or the n.W.o.

Eddie Guerrero was said to be in high spirits this week which is a change from last week.

Dean Malenko was said to be visibly upset over Disco's lack of effort in last night's match.

From what my sources tell me, there still is no planned finish to any of the matches at Road Wild.

And finally, the mysterious doctor was seen calming down Lex Luger during one of their altercations. More on this as it develops.

© Copyright 1996 by TDH Communications Inc.

Edited by Godfatha

• 3 weeks later...

Monday, August 12, 1996, WCW Monday Night Nitro: Barnhill Arena, Fayetteville, Arkansas. 6046 tickets sold. $241,840 in ticket sales.

The crowd was hot in anticipation of the final Nitro before Road Wild. This was it, everyone on the entire roster knew what had to be done. They knew what they had to do and they knew what was expected of them on this “go home show.” Bischoff was nervous while he was waiting for Nitro to begin. I tried to calm him down but he insisted on having another cup of coffee.

There was still a few minutes before Nitro would start so I headed outside and pulled out a Marlboro. There were a few fans standing outside who cheered because they thought I was a wrestler.

”Oh wait, it’s a nobody.”

Thanks. You people have no idea what I do and what I control do you? I flicked open my zippo when I saw a huge, black limousine. The crowd ran right to it and started banging on the windows. The licence plate said “n.W.o.” on it. Just then, I looked over and faintly saw a Chevy Tahoe pull in on the other side of the arena. They were in. Nash, Hall and Hogan once again entered the building without incident. Played those fans like fiddles.

I was still huffing when Sophie came outside.

”Holy shit. Who’s that?!”

I flicked away my cigarette and asked Sophie to talk to me inside the arena. I escorted her back inside the arena.

”He’s probably fucking her.”

Sophie:”We’ve gotta do something about Kevin, Scott and Terry. They’re always really late and it’s annoying.”

”Yeah…OK…I’ll talk to Eric. He’s in charge of those guys, not me.”

Sophie:”What?! You’re the booker of everything aren’t you?!”

”Nope. All the n.W.o. stuff is him. I have no power over him. Fuck if only I can convince him the short sightedness of his views.”

Sophie:”Well it’s gotta be some other time. The opening credits just finished. You’re up.”

I put on my headphones and heard Schiavone talking in midsentence.

Schiavone:”…a night this is going to be! Commissioner Bischoff is back and just in time for Road Wild and you can bet, that tonight will promise to be one of the most interesting nights in Nitro history.”

Heenan:”You got that right Schivaone. Benoit and Anderson, two men from the most dominant force in WCW history take on the Outsiders. What better way to head into Road Wild then to have WCW’s force beat the n.W.o”

Sciavone:”That’s right folks, Road Wild is this Sunday live on Pay Per View. We’ll be eminating from the beautiful TD Waterhouse Center in Orlando, Florida. The main event Bobby, as you know, The Giant takes on Hollywood Hogan with Comissioner Bischoff as special guest referee. And wait a minute…look who’s here! Commissioner Bischoff is here, and hoooo boy, he’s not alone. Look who’s with him, it’s the WCW World Champion, The Giant!”

Bischoff and The Giant talk and roar respectively…

Bischoff looks absolutely diminuitive when compared to the Giant. The Giant was pissed as he marched to the ring. He was holding the WCW title belt in his right hand as he stepped over the top rope. The crowd was cheering for Bischoff and when The Giant roared and lifted up his title, the crowd roared. Bischoff had the microphone first and held it to his lips.

”Hollywood Hogan….”

The crowd instantly began booing. Bischoff knew he had the crowd in his hands, even if he was just leaching heat from Hogan. When the noise finally settled down, Bischoff put the microphone to his lips again.

Bischoff:”You know something? I put myself as special guest referee because The Giant and Hogan are a force to be reckoned with. These two men will destroy each other in the ring this Sunday and no one will be able to contain it. These two men won’t care about a disqualification, they just want to beat the living hell out of each other. And lemme tell you something, I sure as hell hope The Giant does it to Hogan this Sunday!”

The crowd was cheering again. Bischoff absorbed the cheers while The Giant was nodding his head in approval.

Bischoff:”But then, what did Hogan do?! He attacked me. Two weeks ago, Hogan…attacked me. In a complete disregard for authority in WCW and in general, Hollywood Hogan attacked the Commissioner of WCW. Well lemme tell you something Hogan, I’m back. I’m still standing, and you can bet your last feather boa you aging, leatherfaced, over-the-hill has been that I will be in that ring in Orlando on Sunday when The Giant beats you right here, square in the center of the ring!”

The crowd was really cheering now as The Giant took the microphone out of Bischoff’s hand.

Giant:”Look at me Hogan. Look….real good at me.” The camera zoomed in on The Giant. He was very quiet while speaking. ”Do you know who you’re dealing with Hogan? Do you know what sort of trouble you got yourself into? Do you know what’s going to happen this Sunday?” The camera now zoomed in right on The Giant’s face.”You’ve awoken The Giant! You’ve done more than that Hogan, you’ve angered The Giant. And now The Giant is ready to hunt. The jungle, Hogan? That’s Orlando…in the ring, this Sunday. And the prey? It’s you Hogan.” The Giant snarled. ”Let the hunt…..begin.”

The Giant dropped the microphone as the crowd was cheering in anticipation of the huge match up between The Giant and Hollywood Hogan this Sunday.

87%

The camera shifted back to the announcers.

Schiavone:”Whooooa boy. You hear that Bobby? The Giant is ready for Hogan, and Commissioner Bischoff is fired up for Sunday.”

Heenan:”Did I hear that? Did I hear that?! Of course I heard it you peon. I have ears don’t I?”

Schiavone:”Well I was just saying because the other week you said your monitor cut out and I wanted to make sure your headset didn’t cutout.”

Heenan:”I blame you for that Schiavone, and don’t think I’m not watching you.”

Disco Inferno vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Dean Malenko.

Schiavone:”Well folks, up next is a Four Corners elimination matchup and boy do these four men have a lot of history together. Right Bobby?”

Heenan:”I’ve got my eye on you….”

Schiavone:”Well here he is, the man to take on Dean Malenko this Sunday for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship and should he win this Sunday, he might even win a spot on the Horsemen!”

Heenan:”Oh come one, he’s 8. It’s against child labour laws…”

Schiavone:”Do you ever stop?”

All four men were in the ring and the referee asked all four men if they were ready. They all nodded and the referee stepped back and rang the bell. Disco and Rey looked at each other before they went right for Ultimo and Malenko. Ultimo sidestepped Disco and hit a quick release German suplex on Disco. Malenko on the other hand was hitting Mysterio with right hands. Man, 30 seconds into the match and it’s already too hard to keep up with everything that’s going on. Ultimo threw Disco outside of the ring while Malenko picked up Rey and delivered a shinbuster. Malenko and Ultimo looked at each other. The crowd was wondering if they would attack each other. Both men were breathing hard when they locked up. Malenko won the battle by whipping Ultimo to the far ropes. Ultimo came running off the ropes while Malenko just got out of the way. Ultimo ran back and did a cartwheel. After the cartwheel he was right by the ropes so in one fluid motion with his back to the ropes he jumped up and backwards. He grabbed the top rope for extra leverage when he was in the air. As he flew he did an extra flip before landing on the fallen Disco who was trying to get up. The crowd popped for that move.

Schiavone:”Dragon with a huge modified reverse moonsault!”

Heenan:”Look who that leaves in the ring Schiavone, the two men who will square off this Sunday!”

Malenko saw the damage that Ultimo had done to Disco before going right for Mysterio. He picked up Mysterio and delivered a quick snap suplex. Ultimo got back in the ring and dragged Disco in with him. Disco hit Dragon in the stomach with a right hand. This gave Disco enough time to run to the ropes. Ultimo recovered almost immediately and picked up Disco for a sidewalk slam, only as he slammed him to the mat, Ultimo wrapped his arms around Disco’s head for a Dragon Sleeper. The referee went to pay attention to this. This allowed Malenko to furiously hammer on Rey who was sprawled out on the turnbuckle. He drilled two shoulders into Mysterio when the bell rang. Disco had passed out.

Heenan:”That’s one down, and two to go. Things aren’t looking good for Mysterio as he’s been beaten down by Malenko while Malenko and Dragon haven’t even been touched.”

Malenko grabbed Mysterio and whipped him in the direction of Dragon. Mysterio ducked the clothesline that Ultimo tried to throw. Mysterio jumped and springboarded off the middle rope to hit Dragon with a crossbody, Ultimo was hit and the referee went for a three count. Malenko stopped the count by hitting Mysterio’s back. He tried to go for a back suplex but Rey flipped out of it. Mysterio ran to the ropes and hit a hurricanrana on Malenko. He immediately followed it up by hooking both legs of Malenko to go for the three count. The referee was in place when out of nowhere, Ultimo appeared and flipped right over Mysterio. The referee dropped his first hand when Ultimo quickly re-arranged himself and put the Dragon Sleeper on Mysterio, who was pinning Malenko. The crowd let out a collective ”OHHHH” as they saw this maneuver. The referee was about to drop his hand for a third time when Malenko kicked out. This flipped Mysterio up and over the Dragon sleeper. Mysterio quickly took advantage. Mysterio grabbed Dragon’s legs and pulled them back so that Ultimo’s knees were touching Ultimo’s nose. The referee started another count. 1….2…..3! Just after the hand hit the mat for the third time, Ultimo kicked out. Ultimo got up and left the ring in shock.

Schiavone:”And now….we’re down to two!”

Heenan:”Folks, this is a preview of Road Wild, here tonight. This should be intense. What a comeback for Mysterio after all that, but how much gas does he have in the tank?!”

Mysterio and Malenko stared at each other when both men ran to their respective ropes. Mysterio flew right over Malenko and Malenko ducked underneath. When they reached each other again Mysterio flew over to the side and tried to do a quick School Boy. Malenko kicked out before the referee even acknowledged the pin attempt. Malenko sat up and this time had Mysterio in a pinfall predicament, but before the referee dropped his hand for the one count. He had Mysterio’s legs and was ready for the Texas Cloverleaf when Disco Inferno apperared. He went on the apron and the referee had to go try and get Disco off the apron. Malenko had the Texas Cloverleaf cinched in but didn’t even hold it for a second as he saw there was no referee. He got up to pull the referee back. Mysterio quickly got up and went outside on the apron behind Malenko. He springboarded on the top rope and hit a beautiful headscissors right on Malenko. Mysterio quickly bounced off the ropes and delivered a quick running shooting star press. He went for the cover…1….2…..3! The referee held up Rey’s arms as Rey was celebrating. The camera panned to Disco who was telling Malenko “That’s for two weeks ago.”

75%, 68%, 82%

The camera shifted over to the announcers.

Schiavone:”What a match folks. That’ll be one matchup I can’t wait to see. But we’ll be taking our first commercial break. Stay tuned as Scott Steiner and Booker T have one last match before Road Wild and in our main event, Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson take on Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. It’s all here….live….on Nitro!!”

I pulled off my head phones and let out a sigh. 6 days….6 days until Road Wild. This would make or break me. Ted had told Eric that he wanted to see Eric and myself on the 20th. I decided to take a walk to clear my head.

I walked around and saw Bischoff talking to the n.W.o. I would talk to him later as obviously he won’t appreciate me criticizing the n.W.o. right when he’s talking to them. I saw Benoit, Malenko and Eddie talk amongst themselves. Eddie waved as I walked bye. I gave him a half smile and kept walking. Flair and Anderson were by themselves having a cup of coffee from the buffet table. Sting was on the phone talking to someone while The Giant sat down with a few other wrestlers watching RAW while he was eating a sandwhich. I decided to take a peak as to what RAW was doing.

”You talk about your psalms, talk about your John 3:16. Well Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!”

They must have been replaying the King of the Ring footage. Fuck, why did Bischoff fire Austin? This is exactly what I was talking about with his damned short sightedness. Summerslam for the WWF had just finished and they were showing the highlights of the Yokozuna vs. Steve Austin Free For All match.

I walked back to my spot ad noticed how cliquish everyting was back here. This was a powder keg that could easily go off, but I had no time to think about that as I put my headphones back one.

Bischoff and Flair…

The camera panned in on Eric Bischoff and the crowd cheered. He was walking when he stopped and had a disgusted look on his face. The camera slowly crawled over to reveal Ric Flair’s face.

The crowd was in a mix of cheering and booing and they didn’t know how to react. Whatever it was though, they were loud.

Bischoff:”What the hell do you think you’re doing? Huh?! I booked you in a match against Scott Hall and you just walk out?” Eric put his finger out of Flair’s face. ”Look…Ric. I know we may have had our differences, but look at what we’re up against. We can’t afford to lose this. We need leadership….strong leadership….your leadership. We’re fighting a war here Ric, and we need to win. For WCW’s sake. You heard the n.W.o., they announced that at Road Wild there would be another addition. Please….for WCW’s sake, the company that you helped create, can you….can you help us out?”

Flair looked right at Bischoff’s face. He lowered his head slightly and just walked off. The crowd booed even more as Bischoff hit his fist against the cinderblock wall in frustration.

92%

Eddie and Regal have some words…

The camera then shifts to Steven Regal who is in his dressing room. He is quietly hanging up his three piece suit when Eddie shows up right behind him. The crowd is pleased at Eddie’s arrival. Oblivious to his presense, Regal keeps folding and sorting his clothes while humming “God save the Queen.”

Eddie clears his throat rather loudly. Startled, Regal jumps back and the camera zooms in on his face. He has a look of disgust as he pulls out his handkerchief and proceeds to clean a part of his suit. Part of the crowd can be heard laughing.

Regal:”Ah…Master Edward. To what do I owe this most….dubious pleasure of your arrival?”

Eddie:”Look here homes, I don’t wanna know nuthin’ about your doobies man, I just wanted to know why you approached the n.W.o. last week?”

Regal:”Well it’s very simple Master Edward. On a ship that is sinking, you jump for the lifeboat. Don’t get it? Hmm?” Regal get’s a slight sinister look on his face. ” Well then, perhaps I’ll dumb it down for you, you little disgusting navel waist. WCW is failing, the n.W.o. are the future and it’s better to swim with the sharks then die with the fish.”

Eddie moves in closer to Regal: ”You better watch what you say homes…Eddie Guerrero is ready for a fight and you’ve been talkin’ a lot of trash from your mouth.”

Both men were now nose to nose. Regal responded: ”Well, then it just might match the squallid conditions of your current abode.” Eddie is visibly angry at this point but still didn’t say or do anything. Regal continued: ”Look here sunshine, if you’ve got a problem with me, go learn to write, then write a complaint. You don’t want to wrestle me. Got that…..homes?

Eddie:”What if I do want to wrestle you? What then esse?”

Regal:”Then prepare for a thrashing that your mother should have given you long ago.”

Eddie:”I’ll see you in the ring then.”

83%

Schiavone:”Whoa boy, you could cut the tension in there with a knife that’s for sure. Looks like we got another match coming up for tonight but right now, here comes Scott Steiner!”

Heenan:”I can see he’s walking his.”

Schiavone:”That’s Rick Stenier…”

Booker T vs. Scott Steiner…

Booker T, not to be unmatched, came out with Stevie Ray. This would be an explosive situation should it break out. Booker T got in the ring and immediately got in Steiner’s face but the referee separated the men. The bell rang three times and now the match can begin. Both men engaged in a collar-and-elbow lock up but Steiner quickly won that battle. He had Booker T wrapped up in a headlock. Booker tried to break free by elbowing Steiner right in the stomach a few times. On the fourth elbow, Steiner relinquished the hold. Steiner was hunched over so Booker immediately went over and tried to deliver the Axe kick but Steiner moved out of the way just in time. Booker was collapsed right on the mat.

Schiavone:”Booker T was a bit overzealous with that exchange.”

Steiner tried to capitalize on the fallen Booker by going for a pinfall. 1…Booker kicked out. Steiner stood up and got some crowd support behind him. He picked up Booker and hit him with a hard chop. Booker recovered and delivered a stiff chop to Steiner. Immediately, Booker began to hit Steiner in the face a few times which sent Steiner reeling. Booker T hit a standing vertical suplex on Steiner. Booker tried to go for the victory as he covered Scott.

1…2….

It wasn’t enough to put away Steiner. Booker bounced off the ropes and dropped an elbow drop right on Steiner’s sternum. He picked up Steiner and delivered a bodyslam. Booker T grabbed Steiner’s arm and dropped his knee right across the elbow joint. Booker T picked up Steiner and wrenched Steiner’s affected arm. While it was wrenched, Booker T slammed his elbow into Steiner’s elbow joint. Steiner screamed out in pain. Booker kept wrenching his arm that Steiner was rendered immobile. Steiner was selling the move perfectly, not too much selling, yet not too little. Booker was applying the hold perfectly as it looked damned real. Steiner was down to his knees and Booker kept applying pressure on that elbow. The camera showed a concerned Rick Steiner banging on the mat to try and get some momentum for his brother.

Heenan:”Wow….there’s a face for radio.”

The camera then cut to a shot of Stevie Ray shouting out praise for Booker T. The crowd was finally catching on and were clapping along with Rick’s mat banging rhythm. Scott was screaming and holding out his free arm to try and reach for the ropes but he was too far away. He started to shake his head vehemently, and his free arm began to twitch and vibrate. He was feeling the people’s will. Steiner was now on one knee and Booker looked scared and surprised. Steiner was about to be fully vertical while the crowd was at its climax when Booker delivered a stiff clothesline. The crowd let out a collective disappointment voice of disapproval. Booker stood up and taunted the crowd while they booed him. Booker casually bounced off the ropes to deliver an elbow drop but Steiner moved out of the way. Steiner was crawling for the ropes while Booker T held his elbow in pain. Booker T was finally up when Steiner was struggling to get back up. Booker walked over to Steiner and when he reached Steiner, he was fully vertical. Steiner turned around and unloaded three right hands to Booker T’s face followed by a stiff chop. The crowd was back into the match. Steiner whipped Booker T to the ropes and Steiner showed Booker T how to hit a stiff clothesline. Booker T sold it perfectly by really hitting the mat hard.

Schiavone:”Steiner is fired up now!”

Steiner picked up Booker T and delivered a solid overhead belly-to-belly suplex. The crowd was impressed the the amazing visual of Steiner just tossing the rather tall Booker T like a rag doll. Steiner went for the pinfall….1…..2……

Schiavone:”Oh come now! Stevie Ray just put Booker T’s foot right across the bottom rope.”

Rick Steiner saw what had happened and charged Stevie Ray. He hit a hard clothesline on the back of Stevie Ray’s head. Stevie Ray fell right down on the concrete. Meanwhile, back inside the ring, Steiner picked up Booker T and delivered a T-bone suplex. Back on the outside, the camera showed Rick Steiner walking away while Stevie Ray was getting up looking visibly upset. This time, he ran right behind Rick and threw him right into the ring steps. The camera cut to a shot of Scott Steiner who was about to pin Booker T as he looked at the source of the kerfufle outside. What he saw was Stevie Ray stomping on Rick’s backside. Scott went right to the outside and got in Stevie Ray’s face. The referee warned Scott Steiner to get back inside the ring. Stevie Ray threw a right hand but it was blocked by Steiner who hit Stevie with right hands of his own. Steiner threw Stevie Ray right into the ring barrier. The referee was couting while all this was happening. Steiner was checking on his brother when Booker T came outside. The referee began his count all over again.

Schiavone:”Folks, this match is beginning to break down. Referee Charles Robinson is trying his best to keep order in this match but I don’t know how long it’ll last.”

Booker T came over and charged at Steiner right into the ring apron. Scott Steiner clutched his back as Booker T began to unload. Rick Steiner was now standing and Rick and Booker T were exchanging blows when Stevie Ray came out and saved Booker T. Both members of Harlem Heat kicked Rick Steiner in the stomach and both men wrapped each of Steiner’s arm around their shoulder. They looked around when they delivered a double suplex right on the concrete. Stevie Ray reminded Booker T of the count of the referee and rolled in at the count of 8.

9…………….10……..

The crowd was visibly upset, not only at the fact that the heels won again, but that it was through a countout. Booker T rolled right to the outside and beat down on Scott Steiner again. They grabbed their WCW Tag Team Titles and inspected the damage that had been done.

87%, 83%, 91%

The Horsemen prepare for tonight…

The camera shifted to Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson in their lockerroom. Ric Flair entered the room.

Arn:”Ric…look. I’m not gonna pretend to know why you’re acting the way you’re acting. But you’ve got a match on Sunday against Scott Hall. Do you know that? Do you realize that? It’s for your US Championship and you’re just walkin’ around like you don’t care. You’re walkin’ around like you don’t care about your title or your match. You’re walkin’ around like you no longer care about WCW. You’re walkin’ around like you’ve…..”

Arn was quiet. Ric looked at Arn and pursed his lips. He closed his eyes and licked his lips. Benoit stood up.

Benoit:”Say it isn’t so Ric….say it’s not true.”

Flair put his arms around both of the surviving members of the 4 Horsemen and a tear started to develop.

Flair tried to speak but was choked up a bit. He managed to softly say ”I’m sorry.” The camera faded to black and we were on commercial.

100%

I got out of my seat and decided to find Eric. He was still with Kevin, Terry and Scott. Jeez, I understand they’re the hottest thing in professional wrestling. But come on man. I went to get a cup of coffee when I saw Eddie Guerrero and Regal talking. Their match was next and I guess they were hoping to get noticed. I walked by and I heard them both agree that they were going to bust their respective asses off in this match in the faint hope that they might get a pay-per-view match this Sunday. I sat down and was still eavesdropping. Regal sounded dejected as it was unlikely he would be on pay-per-view this month.

The commercials were over when the camera came back in on Schiavone and Heenan.

Schiavone:”Bobby, I don’t know what to say.”

Heenan:”I’ve been in this business a long time Schiavone, but I have never seen a wrestler who was so adored by fans just suddenly lose the urge to wrestle. I hope…I just hope that on Sunday, if he does stop wrestling, he gives us one hell of a show.”

Schiavone:”One can only hope Bobby. Folks, this Sunday is WCW Road Wild. Live on pay-per-view. We’re coming straight out of Orlando, Florida at 8pm Eastern, 5 Pacific. Let’s look at the lineup that we have right now. First up, Rey Mysterio Jr. takes on Dean Malenko for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.”

Heenan:”This is gonna be one fun match to watch. As we’ve seen so far, each time we’ve seen Mysterio and Malenko in the ring, fireworks go off. But honestly, I want more from these two and this will be one excellent matchup Schiavone.”

Schiavone:”As we’ve seen, Harlem Heat take on The Steiner Brothers for the WCW Tag Team Championship.”

Heenan:”These are two seasoned teams. They have wrestled with their respective partners a long time so you can expect some great tag team action. Can’t wait.”

Schiavone:”Lex Luger, injured at the hands of Kevin Nash at a recent house show, is returning at Road Wild to defend his WCW Television Title against Kevin Nash.”

Heenan:”With the amount of trash talking that Nash has done against Luger, well it’s time to put up or shut up. I talked to Luger, he’s furious and you can bet that at Road Wild, it’s going to be one messy encounter.”

Schiavone:”In the match we just mentioned, Ric Flair, in possibly his last match here in WCW is taking on Scott Hall.”

Heenan:”Well like I said, if it is his last match, that’s reason alone to order this pay-per-view. You can bet that Flair will bust his tail off and make WCW proud.”

Schiavone:”And in the main event….you saw him earlier tonight declaring the hunt had begun. The son of Andre, The Giant defends his WCW World Heavyweight Title against the leader of the n.W.o., Hollywood Hogan.”

Heenan:”I’ve been around Hogan a long time, and lemme tell you, he’s tough to beat. But here you have The Giant, the biggest man in the industry today. I’ve never seen The Giant so fired up and you can bet that at Road Wild, The Giant is going to feast on whatever’s left of Hogan.”

Schiavone:”It’s WCW Road Wild, and it’s on Sunday on pay-per-view!”

Nash speaks…

Nash is seen backstage when he is approached for an interview. He’s looking very relaxed and calm.

Nash:”Well…the day is almost here. Man…I’ve been waitin’ a long time for this. Lex Luger…man…you’re certainly something. I’m surprised you haven’t developed a… narcissistic personality by the way you admire your muscles.” Nash chuckled at that. ”Listen Flexy, this Sunday it’s going to be you and Big Sexy for your WCW Television Title. You’re gonna need all the help you can get man. But it won’t work. Even if you become some sort of….hero and get a bus to travel all across America, it won’t be enough to stop me or the n.W.o. This Sunday, I’ll hit you with the jackknife powerbomb and take your title. See ya then.”

Nash walked off and pushed Mean Gene’s face out of the way as he walked by.

85%

Eddie vs. Regal…

The camera cut back to the ring as Steven Regal’s entrance music was played. The crowd booed a bit but sprang back to life when Eddie came out to his music.

Schiavone:”Eddie Guerrero has been on a roll lately and I’m glad to see him stand up to Regal and question why he was approached by the n.W.o.”

Heenan:”Eddie Guerrero is a tough worker. He’s like a cueball. He’s tough, hard to crack, and the harder you strike him, the more English you get out of him.”

Guerrero is in the ring and the bell rings. Guerrero began by slapping his chest and shouting out something in Spanish to some Latino’s who were sitting in ringside.

Heenan:”Know what that means Schiavone?”

Schiavone:”What?”

Heenan:”Don’t move, immigration’s in the front row.”

Both men locked up and Regal immediately hit Eddie with an arm drag take down. Regal had one hand behind him while his other hand waved to the crowd in a very pompous manner. The crowd booed until Eddie nipped right back up to his feet. The locked up again, this time it was Eddie to deliver an arm drag take down to Regal. Eddie looked fired up and ready to go. He was flexing and jittering his fingers as he waited for Regal to get back to his feet. Eddie lickd his lips while Regal looked frustrated. Regal slowly walked to Eddie and charged right at Eddie for a double leg takedown. He stomped at Eddie’s head and backed off. He wanted Eddie to get back to his feet. Eddie stood up and walked towards Regal. They stood face to face. Neither man wanted to make the first move until Regal slapped Eddie right across the face.Eddie controlled his anger and didn’t flinch. Instead he had a smirk across his face. Regal hit Eddie with a left hand to Eddie’s face and hit him again to stun Eddie. Regal went for another arm drag but didn’t release the move. He clamped on Eddie’s right arm and wrenched Eddie’s upper arm. Regal dropped three quick knees across Eddie’s shoulder and slapped Eddie’s face again. Eddie tried to get up but he couldn’t rise as Regal had his right arm perfectly locked up. Eddie was banging the mat to try and will himself to fight through the pain.

Schiavone:”Regal has that vice-like grip on Eddie’s arm. There’s nothing Eddie can do now.”

The crowd was slowly starting to warm up to Eddie. As the crowd strength reached its climax for this hold, Eddie was starting to get up. He was on one knee as increased the pressure on Eddie’s arm by standing up and leaning backwards. Eddie screamed as he quickly got to his feet and got underneath Regal. He flipped over Regal with a modified back body drop. Eddie was shaking his arm violently to try and reduce some of the damage done by Regal’s hold. Regal stood up and charged at Eddie but Eddie dodged it. He hit Regal with a beautiful dropkick and the fans were cheering for Eddie. Then I was distracted….Fucking hell. This is bullshit.

”What?!”

Bischoff:”Hey…easy now. I don’t pay you to watch wrestling.”

”You don’t pay me anything, Turner pays me. What do you want, there’s a wrestling match going on right now.”

Bischoff:”Oh come on now, you can’t really care about this can you?”

”Yeah…I do care. I pulled Eric over to the side where no one would hear us. ”Look Eric, I’m in control of the WCW people, that’s something we agreed on. And these guys deserve a spot on the pay-per-view. Five matches isn’t enough, put them on the pay-per-view.”

Bischoff:”Jesus, now you tell me after Schiavone just mentioned it? Fine…they’re on there. But they’re the curtain jerkers. Sophie said you wanted to tell me something.”

”Yeah, could you try and get Kevin, Scott and Terry here earlier?”

Bischoff:”Why? What’s the point? They know what they’re booked for.”

”It’s not that. Look, it’s upsetting the morale of the other wrestlers that these three are getting special treatment. It makes them feel like shit.”

Bischoff:”Look, who cares about them? They haven’t drawn a dime. Terry, Scott and Kevin have. That’s why we got ‘em. Plus, like we said, I’m in charge of the n.W.o.”

The crowd let out a big “OHHHH” at this point.

”Look Eric. As far as the rest of these wrestlers are concerned, you’re in charge of them as well. Now, will you bring them in with the rest of the wrestlers or not?”

Bischoff:”Fine, I’ll bring them in an hour earlier. Happy now?”

I walked back to the gorilla position and put my headset back on. Damn Eric, why’d he make me miss this match.

Guerrero was on a roll at this point as he just did his helio on Regal. He went for the cover…1…..2….Regal got his shoulders up. Eddie got right back to his feet and picked up Regal. He delivered a quick snap suplex and looked right at the turnbuckle near Regal. A sly smile came across his face as the crowd was feeling it. Eddie went on the apron and began to climb the turnbuckle. Eddie was standing on the top turnbuckle and scanned the audience before he leaped off of it. Guerrero jumped as high as he could but Regal was playing possum. He rolled out of the way of Guerrero and as soon as Eddie’s body hit the canvas, Regal rolled back in position to hook in the Regal Stretch.

Schiavone:”The Regal Stretch! The Regal Stretch! Eddie’s in real trouble here.”

Heenan:”See that Schiavone? Ya see it? That’s what a true wrestler is all about. Psychology. Making your opponent think you’re down when you’re not.”

Guerrero was locked in the Regal Stretch and there was nowhere he could go. Regal leaned back with all of his might as Eddie sold the move perfectly. Eddie refused to tap out though. After about 15 seconds of constant leaning, Regal released the hold. Regal stood up and was stomping on Eddie’s face. Regal decided to go for the pinfall victory. He covered Eddie, hooked his leg. 1….2……Eddie just managed to kick out again. Regal picked up Eddie and immediately hooked Eddie in an abdominal stretch. Regal reached out for the ropes for extra leverage but the referee managed to catch it. He ordered Regal to release the hold, but rather than doing that, he hoisted Eddie up and threw his body right into the ropes. Eddie fell right to the canvas after that. Regal went for the cover after that but Eddie had his foot on the bottom rope so no count was even made. Regal was frustrated and was screaming at Eddie at the top of his lungs. He turned his attention to the audience.

Schiavone:”Folks, we’re just getting word from Comissioner Bischoff that Eddie Guerrero will be facing Steven Regal on Sunday at Road Wild.”

Regal was still screaming at the audience when Eddie managed to barely pull himself up to his feet. He slowly walked over to Regal. He was standing right behind Regal and when he turned around he jumped backwards and let out a little shout. Eddie tilted his head and smirked. He waved his finger at Regal as if to do a pantomime version of scolding Regal. Regal locked up with Eddie and was about to do a suplex but Eddie reversed it and was now behind Regal. Regal tried to do a lowblow but Eddie just managed to sidestep it to the crowds’ delight.Eddie lifted Regal for a back suplex. Eddie got to his feet and shouted some more phrases in Spanish. Eddie went outside and went for another helio on Regal. He managed to hit it and Eddie immediately went for the cover….1…..2…..Regal just managed to kick out. Eddie got up again to compose himself but left his back exposed. Regal just managed to roll Eddie up. But he used some help, he had Eddie’s tights in his hand and was holding on to the second rope. 1….2…..3. Steven Regal won the match via a rollup.

81%, 70%, 92%

The camera faded to black for a commercial afterwards. I pulled off my headset. Why the hell couldn’t Eric talk to me now? I decided to walk over to the n.W.o.

”Hey Hulk, Scott, Kevin. What’s goin’ on with you guys? How are you guys feelin’? Ready for Sunday?”

Scott sort of scoffed at me but Hogan vouched for me.

Hogan:”Hey come on…lay off him. He’s cool. I’ve known him since we were in the WWF. He’s a good guy.”

Nash:”Hey…why are you always so involved with us anyways?”

I was about to answer when Hogan cut me off. ”That’s just the way he is man. Leave him alone alright?”

”Thanks…is there anything I can get you guys?”

Hall:”Yeah, do you have somethin’ to drink around here meng?”

”There’s…coffee over there and Cokes in the fridge.”

Hall:”Naw man…something to….drink.”

Uh…no. And there never will be, not when people have to wrestle. Have it afterwards.”

Hall:”Pfft…forget you meng. We’re fine.”

Well, that was that I guess. I walked back to the gorilla position and I could hear the director counting down when we would be back live.

5….4….3…..2….

Schiavone:”Welcome back folks, Regal managed to steal a victory….wait….wait a minute, we’re getting word of something. Sting has been attacked, we’re trying to send a cameraman there as soon as possible.”

Sting is attacked…

The camera finally switches to a view backstage. Sting is laid out on the ground. The camera reveals that it was the n.W.o. who are responsible for this. Hogan is standing right over Sting while Nash and Hall just laugh. They both have baseball bats in their hands.

Hogan:”Do what you guys do best.”

Hall and Nash began swinging at the paraphernalia on the tables. Glass was flying everywhere as the wooden baseball bats were hitting the jars, glasses, and whatnot. They came across a Pepsi vending machine. Nash swung as hard as he could and smashed the vending machine. Security came running down but with bats in Hall’s and Nash’s hands they were forced to back off a bit.

Hogan:”You see this Sting? You see it? It’s the future. We’re gonna continue to do this brother until WCW is dead. At Road Wild, that title’ll be mine, Nash will have his title, Hall will have his, and more members will be joining us. There ain’t a damn thing you can do about it. We’re too strong and just….too….sweeeeeet.”

Just then…..

87%

Another video....

The lights went out in that room and across the arena. There was some pandemonium as the security guards probably charged Hall and Nash and Hogan could be heard screaming ”What the hell?!”

The entire imagine on the camera was focused on a fiery background. The letter’s WCW-N.W.O. were in some sort of icy writing to contrast with the fiery background. The letter’s then shattered and a sillouhette of a figure could be seen walking. It finally ended when the words ”Coming soon…” wiped across the entire screen. The lights then came back and the camera was on the confused announcers.

82%

Schiavone:”There’s nothing I can say Bobby other than that whoever this person is, he’s going to have a big impact.”

Heenan:”WCW, or n.W.o. We don’t know. But we will find out that’s for sure Schiavone.”

Benoit/Anderson vs. The Outsiders

Schiavone:”Well, folks. Here it is, the main event: Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson take on the Outsiders. And here comes Anderson and Benoit!”

Two out of the 4 Horsemen came out. Ric Flair was noticeably absent. The got in the ring and were absorbing the cheers. The lights went out and the crowd cheered. A high pitched, yet male laughter reverberated throughout the arena until it eerily stated “Showtime.” The cameras which were filming this then filled with static as it shifted to a grainy image in black and white of the crowd in anticipation. The theme music of the n.W.o hit and out walked Scott Hall and Nash. He did his airplane walk as he threw a toothpick at the camera. Nash lifted up his arm. They both entered the ring and the colour came back on the television screens. Benoit was going to wrestle for the Horsemen while Hall was in for the n.W.o. side.

Schiavone:”Folks, we have used up all the commercial time, so we will be sticking with this match as long as it takes. We’re live on TNT. It’s WCW Nitro!”

Benoit circled the ring and finally locked up with Hall. Hall shoved Benoit to the ground but Benoit just got right back up and in Hall’s face. Hall shoved Benoit a bit to get some space between them. Benoit tried to charge right back in Hall’s face but he got a boot to the stomach for the trouble. Hall clubbed Benoit in the back two times before tagging in Nash. Nash just stepped over the top ropes and grabbed Benoit. He whipped Benoit to the turnbuckle. Benoit stood resting on the turnbuckle with his back against it. Nash backed up and took a few quick leaping steps and drove his knee into Benoit’s midsection. I would’ve called it a run, but it really wasn’t. Just a fast strut. Benoit fell to the ring after just one knee. Nash picked up Benoit and propped him against the turnbuckle again. This time he layed elbow after elbow on Benoit’s face. Benoit again crumpled to the ring as Nash taunted the audience.

Schiavone:”Benoit’s getting decimated here. Anderson really wants to get in.”

Hall was now tagged in again and he approached the fallen Benoit. He slapped him a few times. Hall picked up Benoit and whipped him to the ropes. Hall lifted up his knee and Benoit ran right into it. He did a miniature summersault flip over Hall’s knee and clutched his stomach. Hall went for the cover….1….2…..Benoit kicked out. Anderson stepped out to try and save the match but it was for naught. The referee told Anderson to get back in the ring. At that moment, Hall dragged Benoit to his corner. Nash choked Benoit with the tag rope while Hall was pummeling Benoit. The crowd was livid and Anderson was trying to save his partner but the referee was holding him back. Nash released the tag rope when the referee turned his back. Hall then tagged in Nash.

Heenan:”I hate to say it, but that’s smart of the n.W.o. By doing this, they’ll never get tired, and Benoit will be gone in a matter of minutes.”

Schiavone:”If I know Benoit, he will never give up. No matter what.”

Hall delivered a standard suplex on Benoit and went for the cover again. 1…2…..Benoit still kicked out. Hall slammed Benoit to the turnbuckle and chopped him a few times. Hall then propped Benoit on the top turnbuckle. He was sitting on it but his feet were on the second rope. Hall climbed up and picked up Benoit. He held him in his arms for a few seconds, long enough to deliver a smirk on his face while the crowd booed. Hall threw Benoit down onto the mat with a fall-away slam. Benoit sold it perfectly as he clutched his back. Hall taunted the crowd before making a cocky cover on Benoit. 1…….2……….Benoit still kicked out.

Schiavone:”There’s still life in Benoit!”

Hall picked up Benoit and propped him against the ropes. Hall was pointing his finger at Benoit and shouting something at him. Benoit responded by spitting in the face of Hall. Hall could barely contain his anger. He took a step back and threw the biggest right hand that he could muster. But Benoit managed to side step it. Benoit got behind Hall and delivered a release German suplex. Benoit collapsed near Anderson. Benoit is spent but if he can just tag in Anderson, they’ll have a chance. Benoit was slowly dragging himself while Hall was trying to recover and pick himself up. Hall was up now and Nash tagged his back in a blind tag. Anderson was furiously trying to get Benoit to tag him in. The crowd wanted Benoit to make the tag and was getting antsier with each movement that Benoit made towards Anderson. Hall was moving towards Benoit but Benoit made the tag to Anderson. The crowd went nuts as he entered the ring. Hall threw a wild right hand but Anderson ducked it. Anderson spun Hall around and delivered a huge spinebuster. The crowd exploded at that. He was screaming at Hall when Nash finally came in to relieve Hall. Anderson didn’t see Hall and when he turned around, Anderson ran right into Nash’s boot. All of the cheers turned into instant boos. Nash picked Anderson and delivered a stiff sidewalk slam to Anderson. Nash went for the cover….1….2……Anderson kicked out. The crowd was really cheering now.

Schiavone:”Wait a minute!!! Look who it is! It’s….it’s….it’s LEX LUGER!”

Heenan:”I’ve never been so happy to see this guy!”

Luger came running to the ring wearing jeans a t-shirt. Luger ran right into the ring and immediately started to brawl with Nash. The referee was trying to gain control and kick Luger out but he couldn’t. All of the cheers turned into a massive chorus of boos as Hogan then came through the apron to save his fellow n.W.o. members. Hogan took off his belt and whipped Luger right in the back. Luger collapsed and now it was three on one. The crowd cheered as The Giant came through the curtains.

Schiavone:”It’s the GIANT! The Giant is out!”

The Giant came out followed by Sting. Eddie Guerrero was next as all three men hit the ring. Sting went right for Hall, Guerrero went for Nash and The Giant for Hogan. Guerrero was getting beat on when The Steiner Brothers came running out to save WCW. They were quickly followed by Harlem Heat. Before The Steiners could even get inside the ring, Harlem Heat and The Steiner’s were brawling on the outside. The crowd was booing as Steven Regal came out to help beat on Eddie Guerrero. They did start to cheer when Rey Mysterio came out to join the absolute bedlam but he was quickly followed by Malenko who beat on him outside of the ring.

People were being thrown into ring steps and the guardian rail, but the camera couldn’t focus on all of the action so it was set in a wideshot.

Schiavone:”Look at the entrance Bobby! Look who’s standing at the entrance!”

Ric Flair stood at the entrance watching almost the entire roster battling in front of the audience in and out of the ring. He had his US title draped around his shoulder. He surveyed the carnage in front of him. He didn’t join in to help anyone but merely just stood there and watched. The camera zoomed in on his dejected face as he hung his head.

Schiavone:”Folks, we have to go! That’s all the time we have, but as you can tell, Road Wild will be intense. We’ll see you Sunday live on pay-per-view for WCW Road Wild! Goodnight folks!!”

85%, 83%, 88%

The show wrapped up while the wrestlers were still brawling outside. I pulled off my headphones and grabbed a cup of coffee. I approached Eric and told him I was going back to my hotel room. I told him that we would discuss Road Wild tomorrow. I was tired and didn’t want to do anything else tonight. I walked right by Sophie and told her I’d see her tomorrow. I opened the door and walked to my car.

Fan:”Is that anyone?!?!

Fan #2:”Nah…it’s some guy. It’s a nobody.”

Overall Show rating: 86%

TV Rating: 5.87

OOC: There are a few things I should say:

1) After Road Wild, I will be changing the way I write Nitro’s. I won’t be doing this method anymore for two reasons. First, it’s very tiring as it requires a lot of work. The second reason is that this should be saved for pay-per-view events as it gives the reader a full scope of the match. So for Nitro I’ll be using a “recap” format which will vary in length from 1-4 paragraph depending on the length of the match.

2) You'll have noticed the lack of writeup for Regal vs. Eddie. Well, such is the price for real time matches. But the reason why I did that is because they were having a pay-per-view match next show and I didn't want the match on PPV to seem boring. If I made the wrong choice, I apologize.

Edited by Godfatha

Road Wild is in 6 days and I can't wait

By Wade Keller

Well, if you didn't know about Road Wild, you must be blind or deaf. WCW really hammered home the point about Road Wild this Sunday being a "must see" event. Not only with a main event that up until yesterday was a bit stale, not only because I'm interested in the entire card top to bottom, but in the interesting twist with Ric Flair "retiring" and the newest member of the n.W.o.

I'll get to the retiring part later, but I question WCW's motives for wanting to give away the surprise on Pay-Per-View. I can understand why they're doing it. But not many people who are on the fence about Road Wild will buy it just to see the newest addition since they'll see it the next night anyways. Rather, I hope they have something planned for it as opposed to just them bringing out the wrestler and then forgetting about the after effects.

Ric Flair retiring. What the hell was creative thinking with that?! Honestly, I liked what they were doing and now it's just ruined. The part with the Horsemen was perfect, but why the hell did Schiavone and Heenan ruin it with the retiring talk. Ugh, you just know Bischoff was telling Schiavone and Heenan all that garbage. I certainly hope the Pay-Per-View delivers in that aspect because right now it's a sour note.

Well, onto the show now shall we?

I liked how Bischoff came out, but it seems like, at first, they were slowly changing the point of the match for Hogan vs. Bischoff as opposed to Hogan vs. The Giant. But The Giant came in and held a fairly solid interview. I like how they're portraying The Giant as this big mean hunter. Now if only they had announced it sooner, and I would probably care even more.

The Fourway match was a lot of fun to watch but way too short considering the talent of Rey, Dragon and Malenko. I liked the finish as each time Malenko and Mysterio are in the ring on their own, it's only for at most...3 minutes which is just enough time to whet your appetite and still demand for seconds. I really hope they turn it up at Road Wild. ***

I like the confrontation between Bischoff and Flair. Man the crowd is rabidly anti-Flair now eh? Guess that's what good storytelling does. It's good to see Bischoff in a role where he's actually doing something as opposed to just being a Jack Tunney-esque figure head who just makes an appearance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the confrontation between Eddie Guerrero and Steven Regal. These two are going to be big some day. I love how they can shift from being silly to serious in an instant and you really could feel the tension between those two. It was also good that WCW is following up a relatively minor storyline between Regal and the n.W.o. so kudos for that.

The Booker T-Scott Steiner match was great. Maybe it's just me, but honestly, I felt it really did a great job, and that was hype me up for the tag team match at Road Wild. On any other day I would have given it a lower star count, but these two guys really turned it up and busted their asses off to deliver a solid match which made me want to watch Road Wild. ****

The 4 Horsemen reunite....UGH! That's all I have to say. I loved the actual vignette, but...WHY!? Why did they have to ruin it with all the talk of retiring. I don't mind the fact if he was retiring, but why did you piss away 4 weeks of build up only to waste it on this? If you wanted to make him retire, you should have built it up like that in the first place.

Kevin Nash says something. Surprise surprise, it's a shoot. Look, Kevin, we get it. You were in the WWF and you have memories of Luger. We stopped caring. Get on with this match and move on.

Eddie vs. Regal. This was a fantastic bout that had me on the edge of my seat. I loved watching these two wrestle and they really busted their respective asses off. I was also glad to see them get on the Pay-Per-View as they deserve it, but did they really deserve to have them get on the Pay-Per-View at the last minute with little build up? Still, I shouldn't complain. ****

The attack on Sting was nice. It showed off the n.W.o. as senseless thugs and I'm glad they didn't forget that. I envied Kevin Nash when he destroyed that vending machine. That looked like a lot of fun. Having all the lights go out was a perfect ending with all the pandemonium going everywhere.

The debut video was another twist that looks solid. If WCW was smart they wouldn't reveal the debuting superstar at Road Wild as it would piss off a lot of people. Just keep building this guy up to be something huge and hopefull, he has the talent to deliver.

Chris Benoit and Arn Anderson did their best to make the n.W.o. look like a million bucks. While on any other night I would have chastised WCW for doing this, I would disagree by saying that even though Benoit and Anderson aren't bullet proof, they will certainly be able to bounce back. Both men worked their asses off to make this match look good and Benoit's selling was damn near perfect. I did enjoy the collosus brouhaha at the end of the match as not only did it show WCW united against the n.W.o. it also hammered in all of the main feuds going into Road Wild. The shot of Ric Flair standing over all the carnage was excellent. It would have been better had they not announced he was going to retire. Ugh.

*RANDOM NEWS AND NOTES*

My sources tell me that the debuting superstar is someone who has just been promoted to the main roster from the Power Plant, someone who signed with WCW, or is about to sign with WCW. If it is someone who hasn't signed with WCW, it's certainly a risky move by them to air these vignettes so prominently.

The n.W.o. have been appearing late to shows and it is going unpunished. It is said to be upsetting the main roster.

I haven't been able to determine who is turning to join the n.W.o. From what my sources tell me, only that superstar knows. So it looks like mum is indeed the word.

I was told there was some trouble backstage between the many different factions backstage last night on Nitro. Supposedly, Anderson was upset and threw his coffee which managed to land on Kevin Nash's lap. The WCW folk stood up for Anderson while Nash, Hall and Hogan backed down. Guess it's a case of real life being a lot like a story. More on this as it develops.

Ric Flair has been taken off the House Show circuit for now.

Diamond Dallas Page has been telling folks how upset he is so far.

My sources tell me to expect a large influx from the WCW Power Plant with respects to the Cruiserweight Division. It could be as early as the Nitro after Road Wild.

Finally, a fan who was waiting outside the arena told me that a person who he had never seen before left the area to get into his car. From what I was told, he was seen talking to a woman early on outside of the arena, but now he was alone. Could this be the mysterious doctor? Could he have ended his relationship with this woman? More on this as it develops....

© Copyright 1996 by TDH Communications Inc.

Road Wild Prediction Contest!

Well folks, the first PPV has arrived. Below is the card announced for Road Wild. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is this:

Predict who wins the match and who will join the n.W.o. Each correct answer for the match predicting will garner you 1 point while the person to correctly guess who is in the n.W.o. will get 5 points. Successfully guess who joins the Horsemen to complete the stable, get another 5 points. For a tiebreaker: Guess who is debuting shortly and you will get 10 points.

What do you get if you win? Well it's very simple. Your choice of either an onscreen or a backstage role in my diary. Score enough points, you may even be a permanent wrestler on my diary. It has to be kept within reason, i.e. you can't defeat the champion. But, other than that, it's up to you. Want to score with Sophie? Or Bischoff? If you win, they're yours.

Without further ado, your options:

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Hogan vs. The Giant with special guest Referee Comissioner Bischoff.

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild?

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete?

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon?

Edited by Godfatha

Guest Ringmaster

Guerrero

Mysterio

Steiners

Flair

Nash

Hogan

Who joins the NWO?

Ric Flair and Steven Regal

Who joins the horsemen?

Eddie Guerrero

Tiebreaker: Chris Jericho

Edited by Ringmaster

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Eddie Guerrero

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Sting

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Rick Rude

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Flair

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? The Giant?

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Davey Boy Smith

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Arn Anderson

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Lex Luger

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Bret Hart

Dude!!! Awesome Diary. I beleive yes although all your Nitros have been 10/10 PPV standards that its time to leave something special for the PPVs. Loving the whole NWO era and how you havent made it go stale.

Ive added this link to my favourites as you have greatly got my attention due to great storylines and unique backstage events.

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Eric Bischoff

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Eddie G

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Goldberg

Edited by Wee Man

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Eric Bischoff

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Sting

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Owen Hart

Just caught up with this diary and it is looking to be top stuff. I'll keep my eyes open for the next show, goodluck.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Ric Flair

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Guerrero

EDIT: Winner now predicted, sorry bout that.

Edited by Ekin Jones

Ekin you didn't vote for The Giant vs. Hogan.

On another note, I'm going to be very busy till Nov. 26, so I really won't be able to work on Road Wild till then. I want to make sure it's a quality show and not halfassed.

If enough people vote by the time I finish Road Wild, I may make the first person to have the most points get a major role in my diary, and the second place person get a smaller role.

Guerrero vs. Regal: Regal wins via cheating

Mysterio vs. Malenko: Mysterio comes out on top

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat: Steiners

Hall vs. Flair: Hall via cheating

Nash vs. Luger: Nash via dusty finish

Hogan vs. The Giant with special guest Referee Comissioner Bischoff: Hogan

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Eric Bischoff who aids Hogan

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Eddie G

Tuesday, August 13, 1996

Sophie and I had just finished eating breakfast and were in Atlanta talking. There would only be one house show this week and that would be on Thursday so the boys would have a much needed break. I have a busy day ahead of me. First off, I'm visiting Eric Bischoff as I have some thoughts that needed to be cleared up. Then Hogan said he wanted to talk to me. He said he and his daughter Brooke were staying at a hotel in Atlanta as he had some things to deal with in Atlanta as well.

Sophie and I had finished eating breakfast at the Denny's near Bischoff's office. She had ordered a muffin while I was eating waffles. I felt like a pig but hey, if she wants to keep her figure, I'm not stopping her. I'm a doctor dammit, I know what to eat. I don't need to justify myself to her or anyone...except maybe my wife. As we finished eating my wife walked in. Oh rats...

"Bridget...oh...what're you you doing here?"

Bridget:"I'm meeting my girlfriends for a book club meeting. What...are you doing here?" She looked at Sophie..."Oh..."

"Hey...no this isn't what you think. You've been watching the show right?"

Bridget:"Yeah..."

"Then you know that Road Wild is this Sunday. There's some things that I need to discuss with Eric and Terry. So right now I want to make sure I'm organized, and since Sophie here knows Eric and Terry really well, she knows how to approach them."

Bridget:"I....see."

Sophie:"Don't worry. I have a boyfriend and I'm not a homewrecker. It's just business. I promise you that. If anything does happen, I'll resign."

Bridget:"OK...I just remember you telling me about how randy the wrestlers were in the 80's. Just....oh, Julie, Morgan, Darlene, Meg, there you all are. I gotta go hun, love ya!"

I looked at Sophie. "A bit over the top don't you think? You'll resign?"

Sophie:"Well, it'd never happen silly."

"Yeah....anyways, we gotta jet."

We left Denny's and left a hefty tip. I walked by my wife and gave her a small kiss. Maybe I was overdoing it now and now she will get suspicious. Oh double rats. Luckily Sophie and I both drove in seperate cars so that doesn't seem suspicious.

We got outside Eric's office and I saw he had a new secretary; far more attractive than the last. She was buttoning up her top two buttons and applying lipstick again. What the hell? She saw us and paged Eric. I just walked in his office and I saw papers everywhere. One of his many exotic plants had been tipped over and his trademark leather jacket is on the floor near the door. I looked up and saw Eric picking up his papers.

"You OK Eric?"

Eric:"What....oh...yeah. Everything's fine. Sit down. Sophie, you can go. This is between me and the Doctor."

Sophie looked confused but complied with Eric's request. As soon as she left and closed the door, Eric was grinning at me with his hands folded underneath his chin.

Eric:"So....ya fucked her yet?"

"Uh....no. Anyways....Eric. I wanted to talk to you about the last Nitro."

Eric:"Yeah, I liked it. It was pretty good work. Good job on that."

"I had some issues...during the Flair segment. I thought it was fine the way we taped it, but...why did you tell Schiavone to say what he said?"

Eric:"It's simple. I don't want Flair anymore. It's his last match. End of story."

"Eric, I thought we had an agreement. I book WCW, and you book the n.W.o. What the hell are you doing messing with WCW talent?"

Eric:"Whooa...slow down there. First off, that agreement would start after Road Wild. Not before. Secondly, Flair concerns the n.W.o. as he's facing Hall."

"Why the hell didn't you tell him, or me for that matter?"

Eric:"Does it matter? He's gone. It's his last match. He knows now. He could be brought in a bit later, but still, he's not the future of WCW. He's the past. He represents everything that was bad about WCW."

"What? The man built WCW. You know that as well as I do."

Eric:"He made WCW yes, but after that it reached a plateau. A stagnant period, now the n.W.o. are going to take it to the top. We're already winning the ratings war. We didn't even come close to that when Flair was at the helm. We're doing it now. It's time to cut the dead weight and go with the future."

"So, you told him this was his last match...last night? That's pathetic Eric. You realize what's going to happen? The WWF will pick him up in a heartbeat and they'll use him. I mean, look at Steve Austin. He's picking up steam as we speak. You fucked up there, and you've fucked up now."

Eric was angered at that mention. He stood up out of his chair.

Eric:"Don't you even mention Austin to me. People bitched at me for firing him the way I did. And now, you're bitching at me the way I fired Flair. That's too bad. Flair's old, he's past his prime and it's time to put this horse to pasture."

"Past his prime? He can still put on some decent matches, and he's what the fans want to see as well. A protaganist is only as good as his antagonist. You need conflict. You have it here, Horsemen vs. the n.W.o. Flair vs. Hogan. Without Flair, who's going to replace him?"

Eric:"That's your problem, not mine. You book WCW after Road Wild...remember? And remember this as well, you until Fall Brawl to make things better on the WCW side or you'll just be a consultant."

"I thought you wanted me because of what I knew. I thought you wanted me because I knew about the secrets of the WWF. You wouldn't dare demote me."

Eric:"Try me. With the n.W.o., we're already on top."

"Yeah...thanks to me. It was my reccomendation to put Hogan as the third man. Not yours. You didn't even want to turn him heel. You wanted to get Piper. You wanted a lunatic to be the lead heel for your organization. Think Eric, you need someone with balance and there is no way you'll last without someone to keep you in control."

Eric:"Get out of my office. Handle the WCW stuff, I'll handle the n.W.o. I got work to do."

With that, I walked out of his office and walked into the elevator. Sophie was waiting for me. As the elevator doors closed she asked me:

Sophie:"So...how'd it go?"

"Good."

Guest U.s_Champ_Mysterio

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? No idea

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Bret Hart

Edited by U.s_Champ_Mysterio

Guerrero vs. Regal

Mysterio vs. Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat[b/]

Hall vs. Flair

Nash vs. Luger

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? I have either Giant or Luger turning

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? William Regal

Guest Frank62441

Awesome diary Godfather, loving your ability to deal with all the kayfabe and how it affects what happens on screen.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Lord Steven Regal

Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Scott Hall vs. Ric Flair

Kevin Nash vs. Lex Luger

Hollywood Hogan vs. The Giant with special guest Referee Comissioner Bischoff.

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Sting

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Eddie Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero vs. Lord Steven Regal

Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko

Steiners vs. Harlem Heat

Scott Hall vs. Ric Flair

Kevin Nash vs. Lex Luger

Hollywood Hogan vs. The Giant with special guest Referee Comissioner Bischoff.

Who joins the n.W.o. at Road Wild? Rick Stiener

Who will be added to the Horsemen to make it complete? Malenko

TIE BREAKER: Who will be debuting soon? Shawn Micheals