The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

I really liked the first two episodes! It's not some big galaxy-wide plot, and it's small and contained and really fun to watch.

Plus, the second episode being 30 minutes is a HUGE plus for me. So much contained within so little, and yet so much detail! 

Loved it. Can't wait for more.

On 13/11/2019 at 11:11, Maxx said:

Yes but not clean and easy

Next episode comes out this Friday, then it goes weekly on Fridays until December 13th.  Then the next episode after that drops Wednesday December 18th and the finale comes out Friday December 27th.

They left a gap at the end for when Rise of the Skywalker comes out.

I do not posses that amount of patience

EJbvzqGWsAABG_k?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah
  • Like 2

Just finished watching Chapter 5. I enjoyed it but it is getting a bit of negative feedback for having too much fan service like...

Spoiler

Tatooine, Mos Eisley, Tusken Raiders, "the high ground", pit droids etc.

But really these are established things in the Star Wars universe so it makes sense to throw them in there.

I have to say I was not expecting Amy Sedaris of all people to pop up in a Star Wars show.

Mandalorian Chapter 6:

Spoiler

I've really liked each episode so far but I feel as though the overarching plot of the child is being overlooked. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's only 2 chapters left in the season and it doesn't feel like we've really progressed with the story a whole bunch except for Mando deciding to keep him and not leave him on that planet. Don't get me wrong I really like the show and each episode is a good little standalone story and the supporting cast has been top notch - but the beginning of the season made me think it'd have a lot more to do with the child. Hopefully there's some progression in the next two episodes.

5 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Mandalorian Chapter 6:

Hide contents

I've really liked each episode so far but I feel as though the overarching plot of the child is being overlooked. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's only 2 chapters left in the season and it doesn't feel like we've really progressed with the story a whole bunch except for Mando deciding to keep him and not leave him on that planet. Don't get me wrong I really like the show and each episode is a good little standalone story and the supporting cast has been top notch - but the beginning of the season made me think it'd have a lot more to do with the child. Hopefully there's some progression in the next two episodes.

Without spoiling anything... episode 7 comes out prior to the release of Rise of Skywalker, so it's coming Wednesday I believe... and then episode 8 comes out afterwards. My belief is that is done for a reason. So I wouldn't worry any.

Just skimming down the critic review summaries on Rotten Tomatoes, I am struck by how many of the 'Fresh' reviews take the form of "Look, it's not great, but it's not the worst either".

Well, either way, I too shall be seeing it on Friday.

I'm not sure what review I read this morning, I think it was the Irish Times and it seems seems like a bit of a messy, exposition heavy film that has a load of cameos.

Personally, I'm hoping that the film ends with a force ghost dance party

• Like 1
  • Haha 1