Justified

Maxx

• 2 months later...

And boy, did it deliver!

A lot of setup but it should shape up to be a pretty great season. You don't know how glad I am that Jere Burns is a regular now because Wynn Duffy is the bestest. Also, Michael Rappoport was pleasantly surprising as the Crowe patriarch.

I suppose I'm about as good as anybody to explain it. <_<

It's based on a short story by the late Elmore Leonard (called "Fire in the Hole") so if you're familiar with his work at all, you can expect something similar. It's essentially a modern day Western (though that's a bit of an oversimplification) but the general plot follows a trigger happy US Marshall who goes back to his home state of Kentucky and deals with the criminals (including his family and friends) that he left behind.

The first half of Season 1 is largely case of the week, world-building but the second half and on (Season 5 just premiered on Tuesday) are a lot more serialized.

I've been thinking the same thing. Someone needs to cast him in a more regular role even if it isn't this show.

Another great episode. This season is pretty damn close to being as awesome as Season 2.

I just finally caught up as Season 4 was put on Amazon Prime. I didn't feel Season 4 as much because of the constant side-switching and everybody selling everybody else out to find Drew Thompson. I think they just tangled everything up too much. It was still good but I am at the point now where I'm questioning every new character and I think if you can't trust anything anybody is saying, it takes away from any emotional investment in anybody other than the main cast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just caught up with the rest of the Season 5 on my DVR. It was not my favorite.

The stuff in the prison and with the wacky adventures of Boyd's heroin just went on way too long. But I loved the final 3 episodes where they finally started putting everything for Season 6 in motion. I love Raylan & Boyd as frenemies, but they are just too good together when they are going against each other. Season 6 should be awesome.

• 9 months later...

My review of season six, episode ten:

WHAT.

Yep. I completely forgot to come in here and tell you:

So much for that Wynn Duffy and Mikey spin off.

:(

Who the fuck does Mikey think he is, Omar Little? DAMMIT MIKEY.