Justified

Maxx

My review of season six, episode ten:

WHAT.

Yep. I completely forgot to come in here and tell you:

So much for that Wynn Duffy and Mikey spin off.

:(

Who the fuck does Mikey think he is, Omar Little? DAMMIT MIKEY.

Wynn should've listened to Mikey's pleas! He has a code damnit! Oh those two!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
16 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I still really want to check this show out, is it on any streaming services (Justified that is). I just remember people here loved it and it had Walt Goggins who kicks ass. 

It's on Hulu.

19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I posted it in the General TV thread because I totally forgot it had its own! 

HYPE!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

I still really want to check this show out, is it on any streaming services (Justified that is). I just remember people here loved it and it had Walt Goggins who kicks ass. 

It's absolutely wonderful. From start to finish pretty much (and it doesn't go on too long, it's a nicely paced five series run) it is well acted with great stories and some terrific characters. If you can find it (sadly I can't help you on the streaming front, I know it was on Amazon over here in the UK) then it is well, well worth your time.

• Like 1

Justified is very good and worth your time, yeah.

I kind of hope if they go this route then a) Raylan isn't the main character and maybe it's a bit like how Carla Gugino turned up to play Karen Sisco in Justified or b) Raylan's the only Justified character that shows up. I don't need a sequel show but I do think Graham Yost & co. are amazing at adapting Elmore Leonard's work and I'm all for them doing more of it.

• Like 2

I really hope its quite a different show and/or Raylan is only a small piece of it. The actual ending of Justified is possibly one of the most perfect scenes in TV history imo, and I'd rather that wasn't spoilt. 

• Like 2

I've just gone back and read through this whole thread (which is something I often do when I finish something well after it was out, plus I didn't know we had a Justified thread til the other day) and I love that most of the contemporary feedback for the show is just "great episode!" or "loved it this week!"

I also love that @VerbalPuke expressed interest in watching and asked about it 7 years ago and still has an interest in starting it. Watch it and be very pleased you did VP! Same goes for everyone else who hasn't yet seen this wonderful, wonderful show.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 10:57, Adam said:

I've just gone back and read through this whole thread (which is something I often do when I finish something well after it was out, plus I didn't know we had a Justified thread til the other day) and I love that most of the contemporary feedback for the show is just "great episode!" or "loved it this week!"

I also love that @VerbalPuke expressed interest in watching and asked about it 7 years ago and still has an interest in starting it. Watch it and be very pleased you did VP! Same goes for everyone else who hasn't yet seen this wonderful, wonderful show.

Haha yeah. It's fucking silly honestly, I remember the show being advertised when we were watching Sons of Anarchy. I probably said every single time "That show looks cool I should watch it" and I never did. I wish I had because I know EWB loved it and my brother was really into it so I bet I'd dig it. Honestly, if I can find the DVD set and just buy it I may say fuck it and roll the dice that way. Doubt I'll be disappointed. FX was kicking ass during that era of TV for them (which actually....would best tv station eras for television shows be an interesting discussion? Is that a weird thought? I don't know, FX seemed to be on fire when Justified and SOA were on the air). 

• Like 1