Your favorite bassist

Guest George

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Claypool goes without saying but some other greats are:

Mike Watt - Fantastic bass player of the Minutemen and fIREHOSE (name is spelled like that, so no my caps lock didn't get stuck)

Rob Wright - Fans of Les Claypool and Mike Patton's projects would like Wright's groups Nomeansno and the Hanson Brothers (and no not the teenie bopper Hanson)

Steve Soto - One of the better bass players from the Orange County punk scene in the early 1980s. Better known for his work with the Adolescents and Agent Orange.

Midget is my favorite Bassist ever!  :wub:

You are a goddess amongst women :)

For those wondering what she's referring to, I made the comment over MSN that I had just learned and played the Seinfeld theme on my bass.

My favorite lists is the standard fare: Les, Cliff, Bootsy, Flea, etc. Mike from Green Day is vastly under-rated, despite his numerous mentionings here.

Mani - Primal Scream, Stone Roses. Oozes cool, and purveyor of some of the most ace basslines of the last 10-15 years. If it weren't for Mani's cool basslines, John Squires crazy spirally guitar wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect. Case in point: Fools Gold.

Guest Locutus of Borg

While Claypool is an amazing bass player, he's not my favorite. I'm oing to have to give that spot to moe.'s Rob Derhak. Mike Gordon of Phish is also another favorite of mine, especially with his work on "You Enjoy Myself".