Star Trek TV

Your Mom

4 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Trailer looks wonderful and I am looking forward to it.

Now all I hope for is enough angst, religion, gay characters, female leads and "noooot enough like Next Geeeeeen" to upset the anti-Disco fanboys.

I just want it to be good and it is looking very promising.

Today I thought I'd see if I could rewatch voyager before Picard starts.  I'm half an hour into episode one and there's already been four 'Some Kind Of's'

This is gonna be a long fuckin journey

Personally I thought the trailer looked like shit for the most part. It looks like the same sort of generic bullshit drivel that you get from the JJ Abrahms pantheon of clowns.

Disco season 1 started off really rocky but it ended up being pretty good for the most part. Season 2 was dogshit. I was hoping Picard would be good and a trailer doesn't tell the whole story obviously, I will watch it, but my enthusiasm is not high.

Much more interested in season 3 of the Orville.

7 hours ago, K said:

Today I thought I'd see if I could rewatch voyager before Picard starts.  I'm half an hour into episode one and there's already been four 'Some Kind Of's'

I did a random skip on that and landed on "some kind of electric eel". Someone should turn this into an app.

7 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Personally I thought the trailer looked like shit for the most part. It looks like the same sort of generic bullshit drivel that you get from the JJ Abrahms pantheon of clowns.

Disco season 1 started off really rocky but it ended up being pretty good for the most part. Season 2 was dogshit. I was hoping Picard would be good and a trailer doesn't tell the whole story obviously, I will watch it, but my enthusiasm is not high.

Much more interested in season 3 of the Orville.

You've gone wrong.

• Like 3

I understand I am in the minority, and I am glad there is star trek out there that makes people happy. one man's trash is an audience's treasure and all that.

18 hours ago, K said:

I think I could do a supercut of every fuckin time they talk about Soup as well. I watched twelve episodes yesterday (too hot to do anything) and I swear they talk about Soup in at least half of them

Do a supercut of every time Neelix is an abusive boyfriend. Bonus points if you have it cut from Neelix, abusive boyfriend to Neelix, food can fix any problem.

35 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Do a supercut of every time Neelix is an abusive boyfriend. Bonus points if you have it cut from Neelix, abusive boyfriend to Neelix, food can fix any problem.

he just made Plomik soup so I can use that clip in both cuts

8 minutes ago, K said:

he just made Plomik soup so I can use that clip in both cuts

At least it isn't leola root stew again.

On 23/07/2019 at 09:00, K said:

I think I could do a supercut of every fuckin time they talk about Soup as well. I watched twelve episodes yesterday (too hot to do anything) and I swear they talk about Soup in at least half of them

• Like 2

Chef's log, USS Chunky, commanding officer Captain Katherine Campbells reporting. It's day four, lost in the bovril quadrent, and the simmering tensions are nearing a boiling point. I've barely had time to take stock of the situation but it's obvious to everyone that trouble is stewing, emotions are strained, and I have no idea how to noodle out of this. Oh broth.

• 2 weeks later...

Working my way through The Animated Series for the first time... I really like it. The fact that it's canon makes it all the better.

I think the fact that the episodes are 22 minutes in length, as opposed to 50 minutes, really works in its favour by cutting out a lot of the achingly-slow parts that The Original Series is rife with. The cheap animation is also pretty adorable.

15 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Working my way through The Animated Series for the first time... I really like it. The fact that it's canon makes it all the better.

I think the fact that the episodes are 22 minutes in length, as opposed to 50 minutes, really works in its favour by cutting out a lot of the achingly-slow parts that The Original Series is rife with. The cheap animation is also pretty adorable.

I thought it was accepted / confirmed that TAS isn't canon? 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I thought it was accepted / confirmed that TAS isn't canon? 

From what I read it seems like it was removed from canon in 1988 but later reinserted (possibly in 2007)... Not that it really matters one way or the other. 

Just finished a rewatch of Disco 2 with the SDMSO, and I disliked it as much on the second watch as I did on the initial run. It would be one thing if it was just all awful all the time, but it has moments of awesome that unfortunately are ruined by moments of baffling stupid and plot holes wide enough you could jump a starship through. I get that I'm not their target audience, they want that Marvel audience that can just turn their brain off, eat their popcorn, and buy the action figures, but as long as that's the show they want to make, my enthusiasm for Star Trek is at an all time low. And I watched Nemesis. In theatres. On my birthday.