Pens and Papers

KONGO

7 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

In the past week/week and a half I've started watching Critical Role. I'm already finished 8 episodes. And here I thought I didn't have time for 3-4 hour episodes. Damn, it's good. 

I had that same thought when I first discovered it, but started watching when they began Season 2. Now it's part of my routine every Monday night (I watch on YouTube).

Has there ever been any game rules that you thought were stupid? 

I only have one, and no one I know followed it before it was yanked: When they changed the D&D critical hit rule so you had to roll again, and if you missed it became a normal hit.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Has there ever been any game rules that you thought were stuoid? 

I only have one, and no one I know followed it before it was yanked: When they changed the D&D critical hit rule so you had to roll again, and if you missed it became a normal hit.

Yeah, nothing sucks more then rolling a critical and then having it taken away from you like that. Although critical hits in Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 could do a LOT more damage with the right weapon.

first edition of New World of Darkness bothered me because bludgeons weren't considered lethal damage. A bat breaks bones, that is a literal in-book example of something that should do lethal damage but lolnope.

Also second edition nWoD/Chronicles of Darkness changed up how vampires take damage because there really wasn't a good reason for why melee was better against them than firearms.

It means that now firearms are objectively better in nearly any scenario than melee attacks but, well, that's kind of true in real life?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I am quickly learning I no longer have the time to do a homebrew campaign And here I thought it would be no different than when I had no kids and a job that had a lot of free time. 

It's just a lot. Maybe you could have your players transported to another world, like Curse Of Strahd?

1 hour ago, Toe said:

It's just a lot. Maybe you could have your players transported to another world, like Curse Of Strahd?

Probably doing that! Because I'm dming another game for friends, doing Dragon Heist. It's so much easier!

If anybody is interested I would be happy to DM and/or play some DND online with people looking for people to play with. I'm not particularly adept with Roll20 or any software like that but I am fine with theater of the mind/sending maps over messenger or letting someone more competent run that part of a game. With Discord or other messenger programs it shouldn't be too complicated outside of scheduling which is the bane of all TTRPG anyways :shifty:

Anyways if anybody is interested they can message me on the board and we can try to figure something out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hajjhowe said:

If anybody is interested I would be happy to DM and/or play some DND online with people looking for people to play with. I'm not particularly adept with Roll20 or any software like that but I am fine with theater of the mind/sending maps over messenger or letting someone more competent run that part of a game. With Discord or other messenger programs it shouldn't be too complicated outside of scheduling which is the bane of all TTRPG anyways :shifty:

Anyways if anybody is interested they can message me on the board and we can try to figure something out.

Roll20 takes some getting used to, but it's not bad! Especially if you play a a published campaign. They provide all the maps and tokens for you 

16 hours ago, Hajjhowe said:

If we get enough people to play, I already have an idea for the character I'd want to play!