MTV VMAs

tristy

Then why are you still watching shows like this..(at least I can infer that you're watching)

And no..I'm not trying to be a smart ass...serious question.

I would assume he's watching because there isn't a single fucking thing worth watching on television and just turned the VMAs on because it's a once a year thing (that MTV will replay 1000 times tomorrow and tuesday).

That said, I'd rather ram a spork through my hand before watching the VMAs.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why are you still watching shows like this..(at least I can infer that you're watching)

And no..I'm not trying to be a smart ass...serious question.

I'm not watching, I switched it after Kanye West performed since I realized there likely wasn't going to be anything better. Dead Like Me > MTV

I am now a huge Polyphonic Spree or whatever the hell their name was fan, that song kicked ass!!! :shifty:

Just tuned in, and my whole take on this whole thing is this:

The whole entire show is BASICALLY pointless, as MTV picks all of the winners, so it is just a contest as to whom MTV likes more. The only two awards that actually matter are the MTV2 Award and the Viewer's Choice Award, which the fans vote for. Yellowcard I see won the MTV2 Award, and even though some people don't consider that "rock", I would like to say that it is kinda rock, and should represent what fans really want to see on MTV.

For the last 3 or 4 years, rock bands have won the MTV2 Award (including MUDVAYNE for Christ's sake), and rock songs have won the Viewer's Choice Awards song, too. (Michelle Branch is pop rock :shifty:) MTV needs to see who fans are voting for, and learn what people really want to see. Christina Aguilera is getting SPANKED in the Viewer's Choice Award by 4 rock songs. What does that say? To top that off, the MTV website hosted the vote thing to see who made it to the final 5. Why doesn't MTV see that 4 of the 5 were "rock" (Christina only made it because there were absolutely NO rock songs competing in the little bracket) and start playing some real music.

GOD DAMN, MTV IS BLIND!!

Edited by B-Rad

Well, I don't know if you noticed, (well of course you have but anyways) but MTV isn't just about Rock anymore...nor should it be, even if it just so happened to be all the rock fans that took the extra time to vote. Doesn't mean the other genres aren't highly popular, otherwise TRL would be empty almost every other week :/.

also...damn Jojo even has an 'older' talking voice, and Carly Patterson is...damn. ^_^

Top part in response to B-rad's post

Edited by Media 2.0

I'm not saying that MTV should only play Rock music, as that would get old quick. But the fact that the viewer's are choosing rock music over all the pop crap and the rap music should mean something. In my opinion, with the way rock videos have swept Viewer's Choice and MTV2 Awards, there is no possible way TRL is relevant to people's voting. Usher's "Yeah" topped TRL for 50 days, yet it was out in round one or two of the voting round for Viewer's Choice. Same with Jojo, Jessica Simpson, and Britney Spears, all beat out in EARLY rounds to rock genre music. MTV is trying to shove pop down everyone's throats, but looking at the voting facts, it shows that some people aren't swallowing it.

I feel wrong everytime I see JoJo, so very wrong. Patterson was pretty hot looking, but she's like as tall as or shorter than JoJo :blink:. Either way, the Viewer's Choice Award should've gone to LP out of those choices, because they're the only good rock that MTV plays. They play the occasional rock song that I can listen to, but LP is the only one with a stronghold on the public to be played on MTV. It's actually quite sad how much MTV sucks now because they're shoving Pop down the throats of everybody within grasp of music.

Surprise, surprise, Outkast wins Video of the Year award...

the only 2 shows on MTV that are entertaining are The Assisstant and Viva La Bam.

Edited by Livid

Guest The Survivor

Hey Ya? Damn, that video is funny but it sucks.

Edit: So Eminem didn't win anything? DAAAAAAAMN!!!

Edit 2: lol, I REALLY love this song "Prototype".

Edited by The Survivor