The FA Cup Thread 2013/14

Colly

Since my tiny non-league team were disqualified following a mass brawl after the opposing manager twice (accidentally :shifty: ) tripped a player over as he was taking throw ins Biggleswade are nearest "stupidly small non-league side" still in it so was looking out for those. Would've loved them to be drawn against Stevenage as would create a great atmosphere (and I'd trust Boro to get through that one!).

Since my tiny non-league team were disqualified following a mass brawl after the opposing manager twice (accidentally :shifty: ) tripped a player over as he was taking throw ins Biggleswade are nearest "stupidly small non-league side" still in it so was looking out for those. Would've loved them to be drawn against Stevenage as would create a great atmosphere (and I'd trust Boro to get through that one!).

That, or a trip to Luton would have been fun.

• Like 1

• Admin

That, or a trip to Luton would have been fun.

Said nobody ever

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Grimsby vs Scunthorpe!

El Classico de HUMBERSIDE!

Biggest game of the DECADE! :w00t:

I went it today's Classico. As good a game you'll get for a 0-0. Intense throughout, very open and attack-minded. Either team eeking a goal would've been fair. Grimsby had the best chance but it was cleared off the line.

Macclesfield and Tamworth both sprung upsets (not cupsets cos that's not a word and is stupid) plus a couple of others, Brackley and Gateshead, got robbed at the death of an upset and had to settle for draws away at league sides.

I'm just glad my team isn't entering til Round 3 again this season as we'd probably be out by now if not.

• Like 2

• Admin
Brackley Town are considering the possibility of putting an outfield player in goal for their televised FA Cup tie against Gillingham on Monday night, reports the Northampton Chronicle.
The Saints claimed a 1-1 draw at Priestfield last Saturday as an injury-time Bradley Dack goal denied them immediate progression to the second round stage.
The teams will now meet again in a replay at St James' Park next week, but experienced Brackley stopper Billy Turley is banned for that game.

'That leaves the club with just 20-year-old stopper Alastair Worby, who was badly exposed in a recent 3-0 NFA Hillier Senior Cup defeat to Cogenhoe United.'

So they've got a keeper, he's just shit? Just like the rest of non league football then.