Party Monster

MalaCloudy Black

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...9-2004+21:41:54

Reviews

From All Movie Guide

After profiling Monica Lewinsky, Billy Haynes, and Tammy Faye Bakker, documentarians Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato make their feature debut with this true-life tale of the rapid climb and lurid demise of a flamboyant young club promoter in late-'80s/early-'90s Manhattan. Based on James St. James' nonfiction account Disco Bloodbath as well as on the writer/directors' own 1998 documentary, Party Monster features former child star Macaulay Culkin as Michael Alig, a Midwestern teen determined to forget his past amidst the bright lights and throbbing house music of New York City's nightlife. Introduced to the club scene by St. James (Seth Green), Alig quickly becomes an event promoter himself, dreaming up bizarrely themed dance parties in such unlikely venues as fast-food restaurants and subway cars. But this archetypical "club kid" orchestrates his own downfall when, stoned on designer drugs, he and accomplice Freez (Justin Hagan) brutally murder their small-time dealer friend Angel Menendez (Wilson Cruz). Party Monster had its world premiere in the Dramatic Competition at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival. Michael Hastings

Everywhere I've read about it's gotten pretty good reviews, and I remember seeing Culkin plugging it on Conan before. After reading about it I really wanna see it now, it sounds like one hell of a weirdass movie.

Great, great movie. I loved every minute of it. I defintely recommend this movie to anyone who is interested in it. Not for everyone though, you got to be into the artsy movies and have an open mind.

I defintely recommend it.

The movie is very fucked up... I couldn't believe that all of the actors involved were willingly to be part of something like this. There are a few familar faces who play in roles that make you scratch your head.

Plus, of course, saying Culkin in drag is worth the price of admission. At least he is attempting to build his own movie career, instead of relying on Home Alone.